ADVERTISEMENT

I can't believe there are people on this board that actually take the

walleye38

Jul 29, 2003
first week of the College Football Selection seriously ? The only poll that counts is in Dec.

Reactions: Al_Tuna
It's just that there is no consistency I can see to today's ordering and that is somewhat infuriating. It's almost like they put the top ten teams up on a dart board and threw darts to determine order. Ok, maybe that's a stretch but this shit poll today is somewhat goofy. And yes everyone knows and agrees that Dec 3 poll is what matters.

It just points out the folly of college football in regards to Division 1 being a beauty pageant vs actual competition on the field. Only division in college sports without a defined playoff, ridiculous.

Reactions: psunovaluvr
It's just that there is no consistency I can see to today's ordering and that is somewhat infuriating. It's almost like they put the top ten teams up on a dart board and threw darts to determine order. Ok, maybe that's a stretch but this shit poll today is somewhat goofy. And yes everyone knows and agrees that Dec 3 poll is what matters.

With the exception of Clemson (and even then they have a good case) the CFP is pretty spot on. Body of work and head to head were clearly primary considerations - as it should be. Will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next month or so though. OSU could win out and be excluded which is insane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT