ADVERTISEMENT

I am already sick to my stomach

ram2020

Jul 29, 2013
about the attention "the game" is getting nationally. So much slurping on ESPN about the new version of the rivalry, woody and BO, Hairball and Meyer. No mention. of PSU or the fact that Michigan and OSU kind of suck a bit this year.

Reactions: mcgunns
about the attention "the game" is getting nationally. So much slurping on ESPN about the new version of the rivalry, woody and BO, Hairball and Meyer. No mention. of PSU or the fact that Michigan and OSU kind of suck a bit this year.

How do OSU and UM suck? One destroyed us by 39 and the other has one loss this year and has defeated several quality opponents.

Relax, Sparky. It's an important game and affects OSU, Mich, PSU, OU, Clemson and a couple of other programs. The domino effect with a UM loss or win is going to be fairly widespread. It deserves the attention it gets.

And neither team sucks. They are both really good teams that have, for the most part, held their own this year.

Fair, I'm just not blown away by either, but it's an important game for sure. It will certaintly exceed the attention it deserves this week.

So what! We just need to focus on beating MSU this Saturday. If we win, we have done all we can do to try to advance our chances for more.

Reactions: truk88

OSU/Michigan is a top 5 matchup with major implications. PSU/MSU is an 8 vs. unranked matchup who's implication ultimately depends on the outcome of the top 5 matchup. Relax. All that should matter is what is going on in our own team's preparation.

They are great teams, that was a little tongue and cheek. I guess it Is just weird watching OSU struggle with a 3 and 8 team and Michigan look totally ineffective offensively for a full half against IU.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Just stop posting. You are either stupid, or blinded by blue and white glasses.

I could use some of whatever you're on. Be pissed or annoyed or whatever you want to call it about ESPN wetting themselves over this game, but to say they kind of suck makes you look kind of dumb.

It does get a bit annoying listening to poster after poster complain about the attention other teams get, when what they REALLY mean is I'm jealous ESPN isn't slurping on us.

We're not playing in the OSU/Meatchicken game so why would we get mentioned? If they spent much of the lead up to the OSU/PSU game talking about Meatchicken, you'd be pissed. So why should they be talking a lot about us leading up to a game we're not playing in?

Yes, we beat OSU, and while it took a total effort the entire game to keep it close, blocked field goals are not "normal" plays. It counts, a win is a win, but it's not like we went out and throttled OSU. And if that game was played in Columbus, are you convinced we would have won it?

If Meatchicken sucks this year, what does that say about the score in our game with them?

No one is enjoying this turnaround more than me. We have beaten most teams convincingly since OSU. OTOH, we have depth issues, we have injury issues, and we still have youth issues. I'm not sure we're good enough to be considered one of the Top 4 teams. And don't give me that "but we beat OSU" argument. If that were the case, Iowa and Pitt deserve to be in the Top 4 too.

This team has a lot of intangibles going for it. It's an incredible story. Can they ride that all the way into and through the playoffs? I don't know.

At the end of the day, we're not getting a lot of press clippings about the playoffs for the kids to read and swell their heads. I'm sure Franklin is thankful for that--makes his job easier to keep them focused. If we weren't getting respect in the polls, I can see bitching about that. But we are... we're in striking distance, which given where we started the season is amazing. So the talking heads aren't slobbering all over us. Makes it all the much better when we win. The playoff committee is giving us respect, maybe more than we've earned based on the total season's results. That, and how we play, is all that matters. If we keep winning, trust me, the slobbering will come.

Reactions: buats and EPC FAN
Who owns ESPN and who owns that channel televising the Michigan-OSU game? It's much easier to hype this game than PSU playing a non-rival (sorry Land Grant trophy) with a losing record.

Assume PSU wins out. It will be quite the circus if you have a 1 loss OSU and a 2 loss PSU Big Ten Champ and making a decision about who goes into the final four. It will test the CFP on how much they will favor winning the conference championship in their formula.

Or the fact that they are both TIED with PSU at 7-1 for the B1G East Division lead and if Touchdown favorite daO$U wins the game (like they have each and every one of the last 7 @ The Shoe and 11 of the last 12 times the teams have met!), PSU is the B1G East Division Champion and B1G East Division representative in the B1G Conference Championship Game! The funniest part is the amount of hot air they are blowing about how great the B1G East Division, and therefore B1G Conference, is but they're ignoring the fact that PSU may win the B1G East Division and the Conference ON THE FIELD OF PLAY! I guess if daO$U and scUM are "that good", that makes PSU even better if everything holds to chalk this weekend as PSU would have won the B1G East Division fair-&-square ON THE FIELD OF PLAY, which is a bit more impressive than the b1g shizhole's jabbering jabronis' squaking chamber otherwise known as "BTN" - IOW, reality trumps the lame "spin" and self-serving Shizholian homer rhetoric!!!

Michigan State, Michigan State, (awkward silence.............),Michigan State, Michigan State, (awkward silence.............),Michigan State, Michigan State, (awkward silence.............),Michigan State, Michigan State, (awkward silence.............),Michigan State, Michigan State, (awkward silence.............),Michigan State, Michigan State, (awkward silence.............),AD INFINITUM

It does get a bit annoying listening to poster after poster complain about the attention other teams get, when what they REALLY mean is I'm jealous ESPN isn't slurping on us.

We're not playing in the OSU/Meatchicken game so why would we get mentioned? If they spent much of the lead up to the OSU/PSU game talking about Meatchicken, you'd be pissed. So why should they be talking a lot about us leading up to a game we're not playing in?

Yes, we beat OSU, and while it took a total effort the entire game to keep it close, blocked field goals are not "normal" plays. It counts, a win is a win, but it's not like we went out and throttled OSU. And if that game was played in Columbus, are you convinced we would have won it?

If Meatchicken sucks this year, what does that say about the score in our game with them?

No one is enjoying this turnaround more than me. We have beaten most teams convincingly since OSU. OTOH, we have depth issues, we have injury issues, and we still have youth issues. I'm not sure we're good enough to be considered one of the Top 4 teams. And don't give me that "but we beat OSU" argument. If that were the case, Iowa and Pitt deserve to be in the Top 4 too.

This team has a lot of intangibles going for it. It's an incredible story. Can they ride that all the way into and through the playoffs? I don't know.

At the end of the day, we're not getting a lot of press clippings about the playoffs for the kids to read and swell their heads. I'm sure Franklin is thankful for that--makes his job easier to keep them focused. If we weren't getting respect in the polls, I can see bitching about that. But we are... we're in striking distance, which given where we started the season is amazing. So the talking heads aren't slobbering all over us. Makes it all the much better when we win. The playoff committee is giving us respect, maybe more than we've earned based on the total season's results. That, and how we play, is all that matters. If we keep winning, trust me, the slobbering will come.

Huh??? Whaaaaa??? So if the B1G East Division is "that good" (i.e., the absolute best teams in the nation) and it therefore makes the B1G Conference the absolute best Conference in the land, then what does that say about PSU, who has an IDENTICAL RECORD in the B1G East play of 7-1, potentially winning the B1G East Division over both daO$U and scUM ON THE FIELD OF PLAY and EARNING THE RIGHT to represent the B1G East Division in the B1G Conference Championship Game over both daO$U and scUM ON THE FIELD OF PLAY????

You want to argue both sides against the middle with your self-serving Shizholian drivel - if the b1g shizhole is the best Conference in all of major college football because of the teams in the B1G East Division and PSU wins the B1G East Division ON THE FIELD OF PLAY over both daO$U and scUM, than that makes PSU the "Champion" of the supposedly most awesome and incredible "Conference Division" (and therefore Conference) in all of Major College Football by the VERY RHETORIC currently being laid down by the Shizholian jabbering jabronis at both the b1g shizhole network and E-spin!!!

Why would they mention PSU when promoting the OSU/UM game? It's an important game in and of itself no matter who your favorite team my be. During the game I'm sure there will be a lot of PSU references when they're talking about conference championship scenarios. If UM wins all the PSU talk will be moot.

Reactions: BlueBand
You want to argue both sides against the middle with your self-serving Shizholian drivel - if the b1g shizhole is the best Conference in all of major college football because of the teams in the B1G East Division and PSU wins the B1G East Division ON THE FIELD OF PLAY over both daO$U and scUM, than that makes PSU the "Champion" of the supposedly most awesome and incredible "Conference Division" (and therefore Conference) in all of Major College Football by the VERY RHETORIC currently being laid down by the Shizholian jabbering jabronis at both the b1g shizhole network and E-spin!!!

GOLD!

We have to beat Mich State first which will not be an easy task. They have lost to a number of unranked teams that are not very good, but if they play Sat the same as they played last Sat, we will have our hands full for sure!

I've never cared for the Big Ten (pre PSU) and still could care less about the tOSU vs Michigan game. But this year it does have meaning.

Hopefully tOSU wins it and PSU in the following game, makes what just happened in that game, irrelevant

Huh??? Whaaaaa??? So if the B1G East Division is "that good" (i.e., the absolute best teams in the nation) and it therefore makes the B1G Conference the absolute best Conference in the land, then what does that say about PSU, who has an IDENTICAL RECORD in the B1G East play of 7-1, potentially winning the B1G East Division over both daO$U and scUM ON THE FIELD OF PLAY and EARNING THE RIGHT to represent the B1G East Division in the B1G Conference Championship Game over both daO$U and scUM ON THE FIELD OF PLAY????

I'm not arguing both sides of anything. And we haven't won the division yet either.

The OP was whining that we weren't getting any attention when the talking heads blather on about the OSU/Meatchicken. I merely pointed out that we aren't playing in that game, sooooo... gee, why would they be taking about us? If they did a preview of the PSU/MSU game and did more than a cursory mention of OSU/UM, you'd be pissed off. So, what's the difference?

They're promoting the OSU/Meatchicken game. It's a huge traditional rivalry game. It has two teams ranked in the top 4, either or both of which could ultimately end up in the playoffs depending on how things play out. The teams are coached by two of the most respected coaches in the game (even if one is a kook at times). The talking heads job is to promote their biggest games. ABC/ESPN is one big corporate family. This is not some serious news analysis.

If and when we win the division, we will get all the attention we want. But to ignore the fact that OSU/Meatchicken is a big game that's going to get major hype for all the reasons I listed... like I said, you're just jealous they're not slobbering all over us.

Much of the media isn't sold on our team as a Top 4 team. So what? I'm not completely sold either, for reasons I stated. But they've played well enough to get themselves into the conversation, and the playoff committee is giving them enough love so that they're in striking distance if they win out.

Yeah we should suck like that every year.....

As a Spartan fan i hate UM as much as anyone. Nevertheless as a Big Ten & college football fan... #2 vs. #3...rivalry game...two great coaches...is as big as it gets so I'm excited for the game. As far as PSU goes handle your biz against us and if things go as expected (OSU beating Michigan) you'll get the lions share of the spotlight next week. And you'll own BTN.

Lot of Hater-ade here. UM crushed PSU so saying they are "not that great" is sour grapes. Yes, they are not great now since their best player on offense (who plays QB) is out. See how any team would do if their starting QB was lost for the season. Guy was having a monster year. With him, UM has a chance against OSU in CBus. Without him they have no chance. PSU will win the B10 East and you guys can all say how great your team is. But I suspect Wisconsin will handle you in the title game and your run will be over quick. You better look to MSU this week and stop scoreboard watrching. That dog can bite you. Look at how well they played OSU this week.

Lot of Hater-ade here. UM crushed PSU so saying they are "not that great" is sour grapes. Yes, they are not great now since their best player on offense (who plays QB) is out. See how any team would do if their starting QB was lost for the season. Guy was having a monster year. With him, UM has a chance against OSU in CBus. Without him they have no chance. PSU will win the B10 East and you guys can all say how great your team is. But I suspect Wisconsin will handle you in the title game and your run will be over quick. You better look to MSU this week and stop scoreboard watrching. That dog can bite you. Look at how well they played OSU this week.
Yeah unreal how you guys have been decimated by injuries - especially losing all your starting linebackers early in the season and several starting O-Lineman - oh that's right that was us. Stop your whining pal and keep an eye on your game and make sure your coach gets his daily thorazine dose in before the game.

I'm not arguing both sides of anything. And we haven't won the division yet either.

The OP was whining that we weren't getting any attention when the talking heads blather on about the OSU/Meatchicken. I merely pointed out that we aren't playing in that game, sooooo... gee, why would they be taking about us? If they did a preview of the PSU/MSU game and did more than a cursory mention of OSU/UM, you'd be pissed off. So, what's the difference?

They're promoting the OSU/Meatchicken game. It's a huge traditional rivalry game. It has two teams ranked in the top 4, either or both of which could ultimately end up in the playoffs depending on how things play out. The teams are coached by two of the most respected coaches in the game (even if one is a kook at times). The talking heads job is to promote their biggest games. ABC/ESPN is one big corporate family. This is not some serious news analysis.

If and when we win the division, we will get all the attention we want. But to ignore the fact that OSU/Meatchicken is a big game that's going to get major hype for all the reasons I listed... like I said, you're just jealous they're not slobbering all over us.

Much of the media isn't sold on our team as a Top 4 team. So what? I'm not completely sold either, for reasons I stated. But they've played well enough to get themselves into the conversation, and the playoff committee is giving them enough love so that they're in striking distance if they win out.

And yet PSU has the IDENTICAL 1st PLACE RECORD IN B1G EAST DIVISION & CONFERNCE PLAY -- 7-1 -- that both daO$U and scUM have and the Shizolian homer "slobber monsters" are slobbering over....IOW, PSU is playing for the B1G East Division Title if daO$U wins NOT daO$U!!! Gee, you would think that the "slobber monsters" might mention that, no? (i.e., that THREE TEAMS ARE TIED FOR 1st PLACE in B1G East Division race and if daO$U wins, as they are fairly heavily favored to do, PSU will likely win the B1G East Division Title, not daO$U, if they beat MSU playing @HOME as they are heavily favored to do). Ony a true homer Shizholian douche could find it perfectly "normal" that they don't even bother to mention that there are THREE TEAMS TIED FOR FIRST and even if daO$U wins, as they are favored to do, they likely still will not win the B1G East Division Title due to PSU BEATING THEM HEAD-TO-HEAD and sharing the same "sparkling" B1G East Division 8-1 record as daO$U if they beat MSU as they are a heavy favorite to accomplish playing @HOME in Beaver Stadium where nobody has been able to beat PSU including the supposedly awesomely-incredible, #2 ranked daO$U Suckeyes!!!

LOL!!! I love how you leave out that scUM lost to Iowa WITH THE SUPPOSEDLY INCREDIBLY AWESOME QB YOU BLATHER ON ABOUT a week after PSU completely demolished and utterly destroyed the same Iowa team by a score of 41-14, and the game wasn't even half as close as the lopsided final score would suggest!!! Neat-o how you left that part of the story out! Classic Shizholian homer "slobber monkey" nonsense as usual.....especially the part about PSU having no chance against Wisconsin.....LMFAO at you loser, homer twits.... btw, every wonder why your bowl record sucks @ss? Wouldn't have anything to do with having to play the games outside the warm-&-fuzzy Linus "security blanket" of the legendary referines, would it?

If it makes you sick to your stomach, maybe you should stop watching all the hype. I'm going to check scores of "the game" on Saturday and then I'll tune in at 3:30. Couldn't care less what a bunch of talking heads say between now and then. Life is so much better once you stop caring who is hyping what and how often.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT