ADVERTISEMENT

I’m not a fan of the music selection

Some of that music was good years ago, but get something new. Miss the original Zombie Nation, I like Sweet Caroline, but get some good rock and rap to build the excitement.

I was just frustrated with the distortion.....either play it at lower volume or fix /change the speakers to handle the volume. Any song sounds horrible when distorted like it was.

Never understood the reason. Pay good money to see a game only to get your ears blown out listening to something you can listen to at home or in the car. But if it means someone loses his job by stopping it then nothing will change. So rock on.

200w.gif

Wow, such a different perspective that I and the people sitting near me had, especially during the first half. Many comments about how they haven't heard the blue band play so much in a long time.

Someone above said Rap? You've got to kidding.

I noticed a couple changes from 2019 and earlier. When we are on D, they cut the music a little earlier than in previous years. I always thought they were over the limit by playing music as the opposing QB is under center. Also, they used to fade the volume our during the chorus of songs like Livin' on a Prayer and Sweet Caroline so you could hear the crowd sing. They did not fade it out this week.

And I agree, the sound quality if very bad.

Reactions: psu1969a
I was just frustrated with the distortion.....either play it at lower volume or fix /change the speakers to handle the volume. Any song sounds horrible when distorted like it was.
Yea I'm not a fan of a lot of the music they play but its the sound quality and system that I have a far bigger issue with.
And speaking of upgrades I hope everyone was happy with the new and improved ribbon boards. 🤣

Although I wouldn’t be upset if the sound cuts out when the mike man is doing his thing. Why do they always pick someone who sounds lame?
OMG, they still do that mic man thing? It's the worst part of the pregame entrance, it was never good to begin with regardless of who's on the mic. I've also thought song just before the team runs out (the Gary Glitter song with 3 notes changed so they can say it's not Gary Glitter, lol) and Lion King are getting really stale. On TV this week it felt like I heard more Blue Band than in recent years.

The Lion King thing is getting really long in the tooth. It seems they played it 20 times.

even the wife said the music selection was horrible.
The offense kept scoring and creating kickoff opportunities. I hope we keep hearing the Lion King on a non-stop basis all season.

It's the same songs for the past 20 years. I thought when PJ left they would mix it up a bit, but jesus, no. They are decent songs in moderation but holy shit. Mix it up a little bit.

It's the same songs for the past 20 years. I thought when PJ left they would mix it up a bit, but jesus, no. They are decent songs in moderation but holy shit. Mix it up a little bit.
They need to add this.

So was Sat's game a tryout for the big tunnel entrance next week? Cause outside of some disco lights. ehhh.
Was is ever mentioned as to why the captains went out on the field first without the rest of the team?

I hear the Lion King everywhere, so have grown tired of it. My favs are the big D stops. Years ago, I recall the fun of a small group starting a cheer and seeing if it caught on. Great when it did, especially when a "We Are" cheer grew to include the entire stadium. Silence is completely engineered out now. Not sure when the entire game became sound scripted - may have been just after the scandal to silence the spontaneous "Joe-pa-ter-no" chants.

If I hear “Click Click Boom” one more time I think I’ll scream. Although I’m not a big fan of Saliva, it’s an OK song. They played it once in awhile in the past, but it was non stop on Saturday, plus they doubled down on it. I’m afraid that substituting “Fancy Like” for “Wagon Wheel” as the token country song is their idea of changing things up.

While the refs stood around discussing one of the calls, they played "What's Going On?" by 4 non-Blondes. That was kind of funny.

(Actually, the song's name is "What's Up?", but you get the idea.)

Reactions: BBrown and Shadow99
If I hear “Click Click Boom” one more time I think I’ll scream. Although I’m not a big fan of Saliva, it’s an OK song. They played it once in awhile in the past, but it was non stop on Saturday, plus they doubled down on it. I’m afraid that substituting “Fancy Like” for “Wagon Wheel” as the token country song is their idea of changing things up.
Saliva? Seriously, a band named Saliva? Boy, am I glad I’m a Boomer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT