ADVERTISEMENT

Howard over Colaiocco

Down late against the #1 guy in the country, has the leg ... and instead of merely securing the winning takedown is thinking big move and pin. Nobody does a suicide roll in that situation.

Not quite a duck under when down by 1, but we'll take it.

Down late against the #1 guy in the country, has the leg ... and instead of merely securing the winning takedown is thinking big move and pin. Nobody does a suicide roll in that situation.

Agreed, but it looked to be 1-1, right? TD Howard made it 3-1 then a late escape for a 3-2 final?

LOVE IT

Reactions: diggerpup
Man, everybody has to give their opponent something extra after a match, it seems.

That cradle will get tightened up in the Penn State room.

This is a exactly the move that I'm perplexed that we don't see more often. You see kids deep with a single leg, the opponent throws in the whizzer, and the head is just hanging right there. too many good shots are easily defended with just a nice hard whizzer, and the wrestlers battle for the inevitable stalemate. You got to love this Howard kid.

This is a exactly the move that I'm perplexed that we don't see more often. You see kids deep with a single leg, the opponent throws in the whizzer, and the head is just hanging right there. too many good shots are easily defended with just a nice hard whizzer, and the wrestlers battle for the inevitable stalemate. You got to love this Howard kid.
This kid is going to be one of those really good, special types. At least that is what see everytime I watch him wrestle.

That cradle will get tightened up in the Penn State room.

In his last loss, he had Schwartz cradled up for 45 seconds but couldn’t take him over for backs or the pin. Hitting those big moves on quality competition is a great sign, just a couple adjustments and he’s turning those into pins.

Not to worried bout this, its not like he shoved him, or tried a kimura on him....
We gotta remember, he is a HS senior, he’ll get that after match swagger pounded out of him in Lorenzo.

Not to worried bout this, its not like he shoved him, or tried a kimura on him....
We gotta remember, he is a HS senior, he’ll get that after match swagger pounded out of him in Lorenzo.
Junior...

I disagree...confidence, and "swagger" isn't necessarily mean-spirited and degrading to one's opponent. There is a classy way...

th

Keep the swagger...just redirect it into something more respectful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT