ADVERTISEMENT

How effective will Allar really be?

-PSU has ALREADY had a number 1 qb recruit Plat, his name was Hackenberg and he went 21-18 in 3 years as starter.

-Allars game is basically the same as Hackenberg...drop back quarterback and no threat to run. Unlike their Ohio State counterparts like Barrett and Fields and their current qb.

-Allar will have the Big Tens worst offensive line in front of him. Even Hackenberg had a superior offensive line compared to this soft bunch of Fraud Franklin.

Frankly it's no big deal if, and hopefully when, Fraud Franklin leaves at season end this year. Penn State needs a new head coach who is offensive line centric, to restore the pride back to Penn State football and build a good offensive line, that can win football games in the Big Ten in October and November by running the ball and playing top shelf defense.
Really disappointed with you. You only called Franklin a fraud twice in your post. Your claim that Allar is no threat to run confirms your stupidity. Take a look at his highlights. Then again you are not interested in facts, just mindless criticism.

Good post. Could you get that list? Seriously, I enjoy a quality rebuttal rather than these coach worshippers with 8th grade insults...
Takes a lot of gall to talk about others allegedly making 8th grade insults. Have you ever made a post without calling Franklin a fraud? Time to put away the crayons and try something different.

Takes a lot of gall to talk about others allegedly making 8th grade insults. Have you ever made a post without calling Franklin a fraud? Time to put away the crayons and try something different.
Talk about an obsessed compulsive medical disorder? Lmao, Three, count em THREE juvenile insult posts in a ROW lmso....I think you are off your meds again.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
-PSU has ALREADY had a number 1 qb recruit Plat, his name was Hackenberg and he went 21-18 in 3 years as starter.

-Allars game is basically the same as Hackenberg...drop back quarterback and no threat to run. Unlike their Ohio State counterparts like Barrett and Fields and their current qb.

-Allar will have the Big Tens worst offensive line in front of him. Even Hackenberg had a superior offensive line compared to this soft bunch of Fraud Franklin.

Frankly it's no big deal if, and hopefully when, Fraud Franklin leaves at season end this year. Penn State needs a new head coach who is offensive line centric, to restore the pride back to Penn State football and build a good offensive line, that can win football games in the Big Ten in October and November by running the ball and playing top shelf defense.
You’re such a clueless moron. For starters the kid had over 100 yards rushing in the first game along with 250 passing. He has 9 rushing tds. Maybe watch him play before you embarrass yourself again

Um...Allar can run. And he run's well. If you watch his film. Not only that, he can run moving to his left and right. He made a throw, on a rope, running to his left, to a guy 25 yards deep (in the end zone) on a dime.

A couple of other things: He is the number 1 rated QB in the nation last time I looked. he is also now 6-5 235 lbs. he also was considered a "good QB" when his team started the season at ~ #20 in the state. They are now deep in the playoffs, undefeated, and ranked #1 in the nation. He is a shoo-in for "Mr Ohio" football. They have not had a game where they've scored under 31 and in the payoffs have scored 54 and 45.

Kid is a true stud.
Allar will be very good in college. You are lucky if you get him. His team (Medina) is very good. However they are not the #1 team in the U.S. nor even in Ohio. In Ohio the best teams are generally from private schools, usually Saint something. Medina is a public high school. I believe that Medina is currently #3 in Ohio.

Allar will be very good in college. You are lucky if you get him. His team (Medina) is very good. However they are not the #1 team in the U.S. nor even in Ohio. In Ohio the best teams are generally from private schools, usually Saint something. Medina is a public high school. I believe that Medina is currently #3 in Ohio.
Region 1 – 1. Medina (9-0) 27.5833, 2. Lakewood St. Edward (7-1) 27.5625, 3. Canton McKinley (6-3) 22.5687, 4. Stow-Munroe Falls (7-2) 21.9722, 5. Massillon Jackson (8-1) 21.3998, 6. Cle. St. Ignatius (5-4) 18.2283, 7. Berea-Midpark (6-3) 16.95, 8. Cleveland Heights (7-2) 16.3788, 9. Brunswick (5-4) 14.6224, 10. Mentor (4-5) 14.0544, 11. Strongsville (5-4) 13.298, 12. Elyria (5-4) 11.8586, 13. Solon (4-5) 7.7818, 14. Shaker Hts. (3-5) 5.2909, 15. Canton GlenOak (2-6) 4.1136, 16. Euclid (0-9) 0, 16. Lorain (0-9) 0

Ain't denigrating anybody. Calling it like it is: Hack was a great drop back passer and so is Allar. Hack was no to run and neither is Allar at the D1 College level. Hack had a poor o line and right now it's even worse. All facts.

Hack's best OL was his freshman year. I don't think our current OL is worse than the one that had DL converted to OL. They just aren't 12-0 good. And that upsets some.

His HS numbers didn't reflect a #1 rated HS QB. He was tall, and threw hard in mesh shorts.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
Region 1 – 1. Medina (9-0) 27.5833, 2. Lakewood St. Edward (7-1) 27.5625, 3. Canton McKinley (6-3) 22.5687, 4. Stow-Munroe Falls (7-2) 21.9722, 5. Massillon Jackson (8-1) 21.3998, 6. Cle. St. Ignatius (5-4) 18.2283, 7. Berea-Midpark (6-3) 16.95, 8. Cleveland Heights (7-2) 16.3788, 9. Brunswick (5-4) 14.6224, 10. Mentor (4-5) 14.0544, 11. Strongsville (5-4) 13.298, 12. Elyria (5-4) 11.8586, 13. Solon (4-5) 7.7818, 14. Shaker Hts. (3-5) 5.2909, 15. Canton GlenOak (2-6) 4.1136, 16. Euclid (0-9) 0, 16. Lorain (0-9) 0
There are 4 regions in Ohio. This one is just northeastern Ohio. That said, Medina has made it deep into the playoffs. Medina vs. St. Ed's will be a good game. The winner is in the final 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliviax
Hack's best OL was his freshman year. I don't think our current OL is worse than the one that had DL converted to OL. They just aren't 12-0 good. And that upsets some.

His HS numbers didn't reflect a #1 rated HS QB. He was tall, and threw hard in mesh shorts.
Which o lineman on the current line is as good as John urshel?? Go you 1 further, which one is as good as Donovan Smith?

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Which o lineman on the current line is as good as John urshel?? Go you 1 further, which one is as good as Donovan Smith?

Urschel didn't play on the OL with any converted DL in '13.

Smith did in '14.

I didn't say that any of our current linemen are better than Smith.

I said I don't think our current OL is worse than '14-'15 versions. OL equal offensive line, group of 5.

Strange enough, as bad as our rushing offense is this year, '21 still averages more yards per game than the '14 team. Better passing as well.

Difference: nobody expected '14 to be a great year while expectations rose for this team after 5-0 start.

Frankly it's no big deal if, and hopefully when, Fraud Franklin leaves at season end this year. Penn State needs a new head coach who is offensive line centric, to restore the pride back to Penn State football and build a good offensive line, that can win football games in the Big Ten in October and November by running the ball and playing top shelf defense
Well....thanks for THAT golden ray of sunshine!! Do you write Hallmark cards for a living?

Get a grip. You aren’t s victim either.

MY scheme is light years ahead of the Donavan/Franklin scheme. For a true FR Hack wasn't that bad with BOB's scheme and we really didn't have a true RB behind him. Is Allars going to take us to the CFP, some other things need to get fixed if Franklin stays. Top of the list is our piss poor play on the road and after a bye week.
He was bad under BOB. It just that eh was a freshmen and everyone excused the mistakes because eh was a true freshmen.

Seriously, you must be a real miserable’. You’re denigrating a kid who hasn’t even signed a letter of intent yet.
I really question whether you’re a Penn State fan OR just another TROLL.
Most likely a troll trying to turn him to Michigan. We have no idea how successful he will be, but he has the potential to be great.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Good post. Could you get that list? Seriously, I enjoy a quality rebuttal rather than these coach worshippers with 8th grade insults...
From what I see here, you are the one throwing the insults. And sadly to a high school player that PSU is interested in being a key player in improving the PSU football team..... :(

Most likely a troll trying to turn him to Michigan. We have no idea how successful he will be, but he has the potential to be great.
Of course (or OSU).

He said he wants a good debate, but when confronted with why any PSU fan would try to discourage and point out the negatives of Allar coming here, he ignores it.

Hopefully, whether he's a Buckeye or Wolverine, he will go back.

He can run against high school competition. Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Wisconsin are not Stow, St. Ignatius, Cardinal Mooney, and McKinley.
Please ask Dabo how easy it is to predict D1 QB play, even against the dregs of the P5. How's that consensus #1 NFL pick out of Oklahoma doing this season? None of us have any idea how a kid will pan out. Morelli was "can't miss." Hack was can't miss and now so is Allar. McGloin wasn't good enough in HS for a schollie and wound up in the NFL.
We are all dumber for having read this thread.

H
Of course (or OSU).

He said he wants a good debate, but when confronted with why any PSU fan would try to discourage and point out the negatives of Allar coming here, he ignores it.

Hopefully, whether he's a Buckeye or Wolverine, he will go back.
put him on ignore. He is always like this and serves no purpose. And when people respond they encourage him more and keep his threads alive.

Just be done with him!🤬

Reactions: PSUEngineer89
Not a coach worshipper, but give both incoming QBs A chance before you cry wolf.

Seriously, you must be a real miserable’. You’re denigrating a kid who hasn’t even signed a letter of intent yet.
I really question whether you’re a Penn State fan OR just another TROLL.

I think he's a Penn State fan but also a case study in how obsessive hatred can warp a person's judgment and turn every post into a repetitive diatribe on the same subject.

It's to the point where the guy is even rooting for us to lose...against Michigan no less. Sad.

On the other hand, it takes an unusual quality of character to keep saying the same thing over and over...even as it's unanimously rebutted, rejected, and ridiculed.

Reactions: royboy
I think he's a Penn State fan but also a case study in how obsessive hatred can warp a person's judgment and turn every post into a repetitive diatribe on the same subject.

It's to the point where the guy is even rooting for us to lose...against Michigan no less. Sad.

On the other hand, it takes an unusual quality of character to keep saying the same thing over and over...even as it's unanimously rebutted, rejected, and ridiculed.
Well said. Probably a PSU fan but a miserable, dimented one who prioritizes his passion for Franklin losing over the team winning. Oh, and apparently Hack was a stud runner in HS who then turned into a statue in college so that is what will happen to Allar. At least he hopes so....wait but if he is a PSU fan he doesn't hope so? I'm so confused.

Well said. Probably a PSU fan but a miserable, dimented one who prioritizes his passion for Franklin losing over the team winning. Oh, and apparently Hack was a stud runner in HS who then turned into a statue in college so that is what will happen to Allar. At least he hopes so....wait but if he is a PSU fan he doesn't hope so? I'm so confused.
The guy is a moron!

Also, re the complaint that Allar can't run...the last thing I want is for the guy to be one of the main features of our running attack...as Clifford was last year. That was crazy.

Escapability is good. The ability to change up on the D with the QB taking off every now and then is good. That's it and no more.

Unless you've got a guy who has the quickness to excel in that department, and your offense is built to feature it, I don't want a skilled passing QB getting beat up as one of the main weapons in the running game. Over the course of the Big-10 grind, that's a good way to lose your QB. Dumb.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Also, re the complaint that Allar can't run...the last thing I want is for the guy to be one of the main features of our running attack...as Clifford was last year. That was crazy.

Escapability is good. The ability to change up on the D with the QB taking off every now and then is good. That's it and no more.

Unless you've got a guy who has the quickness to excel in that department, and your offense is built to feature it, I don't want a skilled passing QB getting beat up as one of the main weapons in the running game. Over the course of the Big-10 grind, that's a good way to lose your QB. Dumb.
Good post.

Allar is going to be great at PSU.

let us know how your class shapes up, OK?

it’s far better to come here and play, unlike Fleming, who was lied to by OSU.

Fleming now has 2 years in at OSU with little playing time. With as little as he’s playing I’m not sure he starts next year. I look for him to hit the portal this year.

Allar wouldn’t start at OSU for a least 3 years. The original post said Allar can’t run. It’s obvious the poster hasn’t watched Allar play this year. He gets yards when needed or a play breaks down. He’s the perfect MY QB. He’s good enough MY will design running plays for him.

Fleming now has 2 years in at OSU with little playing time. With as little as he’s playing I’m not sure he starts next year. I look for him to hit the portal this year.

Allar wouldn’t start at OSU for a least 3 years. The original post said Allar can’t run. It’s obvious the poster hasn’t watched Allar play this year. He gets yards when needed or a play breaks down. He’s the perfect MY QB. He’s good enough MY will design running plays for him.
Can't believe how OSU lied to Fleming about playing time.

A couple of things. I don't believe OSU guarantees anyone playing time. They guarantee the chance to compete for it. OSU has perhaps the best receiver group in college football. Playing time is tough. Fleming also has battled injuries.

A couple of things. I don't believe OSU guarantees anyone playing time. They guarantee the chance to compete for it. OSU has perhaps the best receiver group in college football. Playing time is tough. Fleming also has battled injuries.

I agree with you. I don’t think he was guaranteed playing time. But I do think OSU strongly suggested he’d get a fair share of snaps as a true freshman. I know he’s delt with some injuries. But he appears to be a long way from seeing significant playing time next year. Aren’t true freshmen getting playing time over Fleming? OSU WR are extremely gifted. I was surprised to see Miller going ahead of Olave in mock drafts.

I agree with you. I don’t think he was guaranteed playing time. But I do think OSU strongly suggested he’d get a fair share of snaps as a true freshman. I know he’s delt with some injuries. But he appears to be a long way from seeing significant playing time next year. Aren’t true freshmen getting playing time over Fleming? OSU WR are extremely gifted. I was surprised to see Miller going ahead of Olave in mock drafts.

I think Fleming was told "we'll get you drafted."

Wilson (Miller is qb) is fast. Olave seems to project as a possession type. Wilson is just outstanding in all regards. Likely first WR taken if I were projecting.

Reactions: tlbakernc
I think Fleming was told "we'll get you drafted."

Wilson (Miller is qb) is fast. Olave seems to project as a possession type. Wilson is just outstanding in all regards. Likely first WR taken if I were projecting.
First receiver taken is Dotson

Telling kids they can compete for playing time is something every coach says. I really cannot believe people think that PSU doesn't tell kids the same GD thing.

He was bad under BOB. It just that eh was a freshmen and everyone excused the mistakes because eh was a true freshmen.

I guess if we could only find another bad QB that set a ton of passing records at PSU then most people would be satisfied with that. People forget we were a one dimensional passing offense with a lousy OL when Hack was here. It looked like we were setting up a screen play the way the DL was always in the QB's face just about every other time the kid dropped back.

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
I guess if we could only find another bad QB that set a ton of passing records at PSU then most people would be satisfied with that. People forget we were a one dimensional passing offense with a lousy OL when Hack was here. It looked like we were setting up a screen play the way the DL was always in the QB's face just about every other time the kid dropped back.
LOL...great point. And the OL was the worst in PSU history. Go back and review the Temple game tape. They got a sack rushing two (2) DL.

LOL...great point. And the OL was the worst in PSU history. Go back and review the Temple game tape. They got a sack rushing two (2) DL.
No it wasn't. You are looking at the worst o line in penn state history this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT