ADVERTISEMENT

How about Bama VS PSU in the Orange Bowl?

Who do you see Penn State facing in the upcoming bowl?

• Alabama

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • USC

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • TCU

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Georgia

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Mid Major

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • 2nd tier bowl - A loser of a conference title

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
If BAMA gets left out, which is a serious possibility, a PSU Bama Orange Bowl or a USC Penn State rematch in the Fiesta would be a testament that the pageantry and tradition of college football hasn't been lost.

I'd gladly jump at either of those, or Georgia as well.

Please no MidMajors...

I really, really like this ^^^^ post.

Reactions: TheGLOV
If BAMA gets left out, which is a serious possibility, a PSU Bama Orange Bowl or a USC Penn State rematch in the Fiesta would be a testament that the pageantry and tradition of college football hasn't been lost.

I'd gladly jump at either of those, or Georgia as well.

Please no MidMajors...
It isn’t a serious possibility because the orange bowl is contractually obligated to take an ACC team.

Reactions: Art and Samurailion
PSU isn't going to the Orange (without some chaos next weekend). Fiesta or Cotton seem the likely destinations

If Wisconsin beats OSU they will be in the college football playoffs guaranteed. I have a feeling Auburn will beat Georgia in the SEC Championship game. However, I do believe Georgia will give them a game. I have a strong feeling Clemson will beat Miami. Yes, Oklahoma will beat TCU in a much closer game. There are your playoff spots. Who will a 10-2 Penn State team play when they jump up to number 7 or 6? Unfortunately it may be a really pissed off Alabama team. Personally speaking I was hoping for either Georgia or Miami.

I really want a measuring stick bowl game. Where are we? How good are we? Are we not as good as we think? Let's answer these questions in the bowl game against the Crimson Tide.

Reactions: NittanyLion15
Pretty sure it's impossible for us to play Bama in any bowl game. It definitely can't happen in the Orange. They're stuck with an ACC team no matter where they're ranked

I’d love to see them play Bama. Game doesn’t mean anything so might as well get a good test and look at what could be in store next year.

The ultimate slap in the face would be getting matched up with UCF/Memphis winner.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
This is the year we get 2 from the SEC (Champ & Alabama), 1 from ACC (Clemson) and 1 from either the Big ten (Wisky) or Big 12 (OU). The committee will not leave out a 1 loss Alabama because, well, Alabama and they're sure as heck not going to put OSU in over them either.

Pretty sure it's impossible for us to play Bama in any bowl game. It definitely can't happen in the Orange. They're stuck with an ACC team no matter where they're ranked

Not impossible, but it would require only one SEC team in the playoffs and Bama ranked below another SEC team outside the playoffs.

Not impossible, but it would require only one SEC team in the playoffs and Bama ranked below another SEC team outside the playoffs.

I can't see a 2-loss Georgia or a 3-loss Auburn ahead of them but, you're right, you never know. I don't think there's any chance Bama falls below 5

I think we're a year or two away from line strength/depth to compete favorably with Alabama. I want a bowl win!

That’s one interpretation of the data.
Like I said, you're allowed to disagree. Would you agree that Alabama and OSU have had better recruiting that PSU over the last five years and would you concede that that makes a difference. Remember "It's the jimmys and joes; not the X's and O's"

You're allowed to disagree but the last three games we lost, we lost in the last few minutes - that's a sign of fatigue.
yes... missing bates and buchholz. If they are back and at full strength, I'd submit we've covered the fatigue thing. [Yes, I'd love to add Cam Brown but I'm happy to have the other 2... rather than none.]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT