ADVERTISEMENT

What bowl game do you want to see PSU in this year?

Which bowl game do you want PSU to go to?

• Pinstripe Bowl

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Music City Bowl

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Las Vegas Bowl

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Other...

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters

johnrclark12

Gold Member
Sep 11, 2018
The title says it all. The 3 most realistic options according to experts and seeding protocols are as follows:

Pinstripe Bowl vs. ACC team (Miami FL or Louisville likely) on December 29th at 2:15pm in New York City
Music City Bowl vs. SEC team (Tennessee or Auburn likely) on December 30th at 3:00pm in Nashville
Las Vegas Bowl vs. PAC-12 team (UCLA or Arizona State likely) on December 30th at 10:30pm in Las Vegas

There have been a few other miscellaneous projections I have seen like someone suggesting a Gator Bowl appearance. Vote on which bowl game you most want to see PSU play in this year.

The title says it all. The 3 most realistic options according to experts and seeding protocols are as follows:

Pinstripe Bowl vs. ACC team (Miami FL or Louisville likely) on December 29th at 2:15pm in New York City
Music City Bowl vs. SEC team (Tennessee or Auburn likely) on December 30th at 3:00pm in Nashville
Las Vegas Bowl vs. PAC-12 team (UCLA or Arizona State likely) on December 30th at 10:30pm in Las Vegas

There have been a few other miscellaneous projections I have seen like someone suggesting a Gator Bowl appearance. Vote on which bowl game you most want to see PSU play in this year.
they should pass up any bowl as they don't deserve it. tho i'm sure the ad won't pass up the $$$. gotta pay for the contract somehow.

Lots of competition this year apparently in CF. All kinds of movement through the polls , teams facing off in the BIG2 ? Alabama has a chink in the armor... ....? Clemson ?

I am OK with this team going to the best bowl they can . Heads need to get out of asses for next year. ASU vs. PSU in Vegas . Rollcall

I’ll be the lone pinstripe voter.

live in NY so easy for me to attend . For whatever dumb reason I like this bowl and watch it every year ... I’m not even a yankee fan

I think I just like cold weather bowl game novelty.

I want to see us in the CFP. The rest, including the NY6, have become nothing more than glorified exhibition games. Who gives a crap. The best players now find some excuse to bail out.

I WILL take the extra practices though. We certainly need them. Maybe a month will allow Yurcich time to figure out how to run an offense.

I just hope we don’t have to play Kentucky. That could be embarrassing.

UK secondary is probably on par with Sparty. Bowl game is likely in warm weather and not snow. Dotson could have a career day if we keep throwing.

We lost 5 games this year. Losing to a 9-3 UK team would not be embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst69

A better question might be how many on the team will opt out. My guess is that most who are expected to be drafted will opt out.

A better question might be how many on the team will opt out. My guess is that most who are expected to be drafted will opt out.
I know this would be hard to do but Franklin needs to tell the guys that are going to the NFL thank you and you can work out with the team but we need to see the younger players play this game. I know that’s sounds assholeish but we have already seen what a Rasheed Walker can do on a weekly basis and it isn’t pretty.

They seemed to shirk that by holding off Wisconsin and beating Auburn, but they never recovered the confidence from SC getting hurt at Iowa. Every game after that (and including iowa) was 1-2 plays from the opposite outcome save for Rutgers.
Yep , 1,2 plays away like the 6-4 game was close imo.

UK secondary is probably on par with Sparty. Bowl game is likely in warm weather and not snow. Dotson could have a career day if we keep throwing.

We lost 5 games this year. Losing to a 9-3 UK team would not be embarrassing.

“Losing to a 9-3 UK team” that has a QB that can run for first downs in key short yardage situations when our stable of 4 and 5 star slow, dancing RBs can’t WOULD be embarrassing.

i don’t want to get beat by a kid that may have cost us a chance at a CFP berth.

I'd like us to be in a meaningful bowl game, not these also ran (limped) games. I mean for the first time ever I just don't care about the post season.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Most of the predictions I've seen point to the Pinstripe Bowl, which happens also to have been Penn State's first bowl under Franklin in 2014. So it would kind of symbolically be back to Square One, which, let's face it, is about where we are now.

Personally, I've seen enough frozen football the last couple weeks and would prefer either the Nashville or Las Vegas locations. Neither are toasty warm in December, but the chances of decent weather are better.

That said, I definitely don't want a rematch with Auburn and don't think that's in the cards. It would give Auburn an unfair edge and besides, we've already seen that movie.

Wouldn't blame guys like Dotson or any other potential high draft picks (Brisker for example...probable 2nd or 3rd round) if they chose to sit out. But I do think it would be nice to play well and close a disappointing season on a good note with a bowl win.

I can imagine the people on the east coast complaining about a 10:15pm game on a Thursday night though (not that anyone going would care).

I would prefer whichever bowl would provide the most interesting/new (to me) matchup. Do not want to see someone recently played (especially this season), played multiple times, or doesn’t move the needle with “name” recognition.
ACC: VT
Pac-12: UCLA
SEC: nobody really

I prefer the Las Vegas Bowl for purely selfish reasons. We live in Pasadena so its a easy road trip. We get to see the new Raiders stadium and we were already planning to go to Vegas after Xmas for a few days and then come back home for the craziness of the Rose Parade/game.

A game vs UCLA or even ASU would be fun.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
I'm hoping that Iowa beats Michigan to knock the B1G out of the CFP. Then, if the order holds, there's a chance PSU ends up in Phoenix for the Guaranteed Rate bowl against West Virginia. It would be a preview to 2023/24 and It would be a home game for me :). If not here, Vegas against ASU would be the next best option for me.

I'm hoping that Iowa beats Michigan to knock the B1G out of the CFP. Then, if the order holds, there's a chance PSU ends up in Phoenix for the Guaranteed Rate bowl against West Virginia. It would be a preview to 2023/24 and It would be a home game for me :). If not here, Vegas against ASU would be the next best option for me.
If Iowa beats Michigan, Iowa goes to Rose as B10 champ but Michigan and Ohio State go to other NY6 but there is a good chance that MSU also goes to NY6 if they can move up in the top 12 of CFP rankings. That would mean 4 B10 teams in the NY6 so the 5th best team (Wisc?) in the Citrus and so on.

Of course, that may not happen since MSU would have to likely jump Ole Miss to get that last at-large spot.

As for your preferences, I would take the Guaranteed Rate Bowl as well as I could drive there from Pasadena though the Vegas Bowl is first choice (shorter drive and more to do there).

Any bowl has importance due to the additional practices. All coaches want the practice time.

What bowl game do you want to see PSU in this year?​

ORANGE BOWL 2021!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT