Holy Crap. Honest question... Did anyone expect Biden's presidency to be this level of disaster?

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
No question it was a disaster.
You have no idea. I have a good friend who was texting me during that. He had private contractors over there getting people out.
Some were tasked to get a family out but they didn’t to them quickly enough. They raped and killed the women , and killed the men.
It was so much worse than what the media reported .

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Expansion of the centralized government was what I was expecting from the Biden admin. Alignment with the global agenda (Davos). Death to fossil fuels and cheap energy. Increased taxes. Increased regulations. Increased sense of victimhood, less personal responsibility, more dependence on government, more white-washing of American history, more dumbing-down in the classroom. Less feared/respected by our enemies. Expected Biden to give Iran a pathway to nukes, undo all the progress we made in the Middle East and bend over for China. Expected the economy to regress. Expected Biden to open the border and America's treasure chest to open hands all across the world. Expected Biden to make us all apologize for being Americans.

My expectations were very low. But did not expect him to shit the bed this badly.

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
Well Florida stayed open didn't they? It's still a state's rights thing and if you recall the Covid crazies in certain states put positive people in nursing homes.

Yeah, but Florida is unique in that they have a real leader as their governor. No other state has a leader for their governor even close to what Florida does with President DeSantis.

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
You have no idea. I have a good friend who was texting me during that. He had private contractors over there getting people out.
Some were tasked to get a family out but they didn’t to them quickly enough. They raped and killed the women , and killed the men.
It was so much worse than what the media reported .
The worst part is that those that helped the US had a huge target placed on their backs. I wonder what percentage of those we worked with have not suffered horrific deaths.

So now any future US operations overseas comes with a huge deterrent to the population assisting US goals. They will know that if Democrats are in or gain control in the US that the US will turn their backs on foreign allies of those US operations. The botched withdrawal and particularly the image of Afghanistan allies running along a c130 to try to get out anyway possible weakens any future overseas efforts.

junior1

May 29, 2001
This is why the board jester calls DeSantis. DeathSantis. Because he reopened Florida.

Democrats have a short memory.

LdN
During the early pandemic my wife and I were going from Florida through Virginia to Pennsylvania and back. So we got a flavor for all the anti covid policies.
It was as if we were in different worlds. In pa everything was closed...no restaurants, libraries, university women's book sales cancelled, church services cancelled, you couldn't even make donations to charities (they were closed) and on and on.
At the same time in florida, schools open, restaurants open,church on sundays, golf whenever you wanted etc. At the time, the governor, in lwnj circles, was nicknamed deathsantis, yet deaths in Florida were among the lowest per capita in the nation. It took A lot of guts for the governor to buck the "science" per day I and take the route he did. As a result Florida bounced back quickly.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
During the early pandemic my wife and I were going from Florida through Virginia to Pennsylvania and back. So we got a flavor for all the anti covid policies.
It was as if we were in different worlds. In pa everything was closed...no restaurants, libraries, university women's book sales cancelled, church services cancelled, you couldn't even make donations to charities (they were closed) and on and on.
At the same time in florida, schools open, restaurants open,church on sundays, golf whenever you wanted etc. At the time, the governor, in lwnj circles, was nicknamed deathsantis, yet deaths in Florida were among the lowest per capita in the nation. It took A lot of guts for the governor to buck the "science" per day I and take the route he did. As a result Florida bounced back quickly.
Exactly, the President can only do so much , it’s up to the governors to step up.

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
And Florida's Surgeon General has been terrific.

Dr.-Joseph-Ladapo-Gov.-DeSantis.jpeg

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC

A Message From Florida’s New Public Health Chief: The State Will ‘Completely Reject Fear As A Way Of Making Policies In Public Health’​

At a news conference on Tuesday, Ladapo said the Health Department would set an example for other states.

“Florida will completely reject fear as a way of making policies in public health. So we’re done with fear,” he said.

“That’s been something that’s been, unfortunately, a centerpiece of health policy in the United States ever since the beginning of the pandemic. And it’s over here, expiration date, it’s done.”

Ladapo said the state would “really think globally” about future health policy decisions. To that end, the agency’s policymaking will be “very explicit” about the differences between science and opinions.

“What’s been happening over the past year is that people have been taking the science and they’ve been misrepresenting” it, he said.

“We are going to never lose sight of the fact that public health is not one thing … not about a single item. It’s not about how many cases of COVID there are in a location … that’s how public health has been treated over the past year and a half. So that’s over, it’s not going to happen here.”

In some ways, based on past interviews, Ladapo sounds like comedian Bill Maher, who in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel last week scolded the liberal media for “scaring the s–t out of people” over COVID.

Ladapo also seems to reflect DeSantis’ attitude and desire for striking a balance between dealing straightforwardly with COVID and returning to the pre-pandemic normal, and the push to not downplay the effects of COVID therapeutics – including monoclonal antibodies, ivermectin, and hydroxychloroquine.

Writing just last week in The Wall Street Journal, Ladapo noted, “The battle against Covid-19 is entering a new phase, and the choice for society is whether to live with the virus or to live for it.”

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
The worst part is that those that helped the US had a huge target placed on their backs. I wonder what percentage of those we worked with have not suffered horrific deaths.

So now any future US operations overseas comes with a huge deterrent to the population assisting US goals. They will know that if Democrats are in or gain control in the US that the US will turn their backs on foreign allies of those US operations. The botched withdrawal and particularly the image of Afghanistan allies running along a c130 to try to get out anyway possible weakens any future overseas efforts.

I never thought I would see the day when the US acted with such breathtaking incompetence and stupidity, and even worse for a US President to leave Americans behind and then act like nothing like that happened.

Biden is a terrible human being and the Democrat Party is only interested in their own self serving political power and their desire to transform America into Venezuela.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
I expected a Biden presidency to be unspectacular. In fact, I expected it to be pretty bad. That's why I couldn't vote for him.

I honestly pinched my nose and tried to vote for Trump. Couldn't do that either. Threw my vote away because I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night voting for either one, and figured we were looking at a bad next four years with either choice.

Holy f*cking sh*t though! I never thought this was possible. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I should have voted for Trump. I still think Trump is literal scum of the Earth, and honestly his hands are dirty from this mess too - But FFS Biden!?

We're going to be feeling the repercussions of this mess for generations. Many generations. This isn't just a point-in-time recession that we recover from and look back and think, "well that sucked - glad it's over." Massive inflation crushing the poor and middle class - and even many that would be considered "upper class" -- And the only way to stop this bleeding is by tanking the economy into recession.

What is frightening is that our ship is just starting to scrape the iceberg. Find something to grab on to that might float, because this ship is going down - And it's going to sink like a rock.

The wealth transfer over the next 10 years is going to be spectacular.
We need a well thought out comprehensive long term energy policy. It is one thing to say, we are going 100% green, it's another thing to do it completely cold turkey which is punishing the middle and lower classes. This is what you get when hard core ideology at all costs, replaces doing what's best for the American people. In almost every case, ideology wins out with this Administration.

Covid
Election Integrity
China Policy
Ukraine
Border
Energy
Wokism
Massive Social Program Spending
Guns
Abortion

Its the far left's way or the highway.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
I honestly didn’t know what to expect but I knew he would be bad and was a big bag of hot air.

I’m a bit surprised to see just how far left he has gone. He’s like Obama on steroids or Bernie Sanders and I think he fooled a lot of people that voted for him and expected more of a centrist.
Biden is not in control, the question is , who is the man behind the curtain? Obama, Soros?

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
Woke authoritarianism is their only goal. They have totally abandoned their responsibilities to the common American citizen.

Most (not all) liberals lost their connection to reality in the years leading up to Trump. When Trump won in 2016 it sent them into an perpetual state of rage that will not let up until they totally destroy our society. They are the true domestic terrorist threat to this country.

We will survive this as many of these radicals are being voted out of their positions. Whether it be a local state representative, a creepy groomer school board member, or an insanely radical DA of a major city who has deep ties to murderous left wing radical groups, they are all going to fall one way or another and their supporters will be ostracized for their complicity.
I hope your right, but can we trust our election system?
How much damage will be done before they lose power?
Speaking of insurrections, the far left is already talking about violence if the republicans take over in the mid terms.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
Trump allowed the lockdowns - which came from his Covid team (from which he never fired anyone) - that necessitated the printing of the 6'ish TRILLION dollars.

Trump was POTUS when this ball got rolling in the wrong direction. Hell, he helped push it, and never did anything to stop it.

Put anther way, Trump started this dumpster fire. But Biden came in, and all he's done is throw all of our gasoline on the dumpster fire! Like, WTF!?
I agree to a certain extent, however, covid was a wild card, not on anyone's radar. Trumps instincts told him not to shut things down, but he relied way to much on the swamp bureaucrats at the CDC. The press also pounded him and pressured him to do things that went against his instincts.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
I never thought I would see the day when the US acted with such breathtaking incompetence and stupidity, and even worse for a US President to leave Americans behind and then act like nothing like that happened.

Biden is a terrible human being and the Democrat Party is only interested in their own self serving political power and their desire to transform America into Venezuela.
He did far worse than act like nothing happened. He tried to paint his disaster as some of kind of success saying it was the largest airlift in history. Like surrendering really fast is great!

• Love
Reactions: psuted and Sullivan

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
Woke authoritarianism is their only goal. They have totally abandoned their responsibilities to the common American citizen.

Most (not all) liberals lost their connection to reality in the years leading up to Trump. When Trump won in 2016 it sent them into an perpetual state of rage that will not let up until they totally destroy our society. They are the true domestic terrorist threat to this country.

We will survive this as many of these radicals are being voted out of their positions. Whether it be a local state representative, a creepy groomer school board member, or an insanely radical DA of a major city who has deep ties to murderous left wing radical groups, they are all going to fall one way or another and their supporters will be ostracized for their complicity.
++++++

NewEra 2014

Jan 3, 2014
We need a well thought out comprehensive long term energy policy. It is one thing to say, we are going 100% green, it's another thing to do it completely cold turkey which is punishing the middle and lower classes.

Its the far left's way or the highway.
In regard to energy policy, since the Industrial Revolution, mankind has moved from high-carbon fuel (wood and coal), to medium carbon fuel (oil), to low-carbon fuel (natural gas) without the need for government intervention.

The next step in that evolution is hydrogen fuel, which is very expensive at the moment. But there are some interesting projects being developed that will take excess, currently wasted wind and solar power and use electrolysis to make hydrogen. One such project is being developed in Utah that will store the hydrogen in underground salt caverns for use when needed during peak power demand periods. That project is being partially funded by a Department of Energy loan. So hydrogen is on its way, but it will take awhile to become economically viable.

In the meantime, if coal is going to be de-emphasized, then coal's reliable, baseload power supply needs to be replaced. Wind and solar are not reliable, and they are not baseload power supply. They never will be baseload power supply by their very nature.

So in the interim, a well-constructed energy policy would rely on domestic natural gas-fired power facilities and cutting edge nuclear power facilities to fill the void left by coal-fired power. The solution is not difficult. We already have the resources and technology to implement this type of energy policy.

But the left is not interested in practical solutions, so we all end up suffering for no good reason. It is obvious that our government does not care about its people.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
I get that he would have taken a lot of heat, politically.

But you know what? If you're going to ask people to vote you as the leader of their country/state/city/county/whatever - You're asking them to put their trust in you to do what is right, regardless of political pressure.

So, when the people elect you to that position and you're faced with a tough decision, IMO the only obligation you have is to be right.

You can take the more politically expedient path. It's your decision. But that doesn't mean you get to use "but politics!" as an excuse if/when you're wrong.

Right up front it needs to be said: the response to Covid driven by "experts" and elected leaders was an avoidable disaster...and the blame goes overwhelmingly to Dem-Media, which specializes in creating avoidable disasters.

Now that said, it is actually not 20-20 hindsight to fault Trump for not standing up to the Faucis of the world, their Dem-Media sponsors, and their media stooges. I mean, Trump was President, which the last time I checked is still the most powerful office on earth.

Moreover, there were people who very early on saw exactly where things were headed and warned exactly of the immense damage that would be done to the country, to our children...and to Donald Trump...if Dem-Media and its acolytes got their way.

As a matter of fact, if a dumb schmuck on a message board -- no names will be mentioned -- could predict this waaay back in the spring of 2020, then why was it not clear to Trump and his advisers? We're not talking about 20-20 hindsight here but rather 20-20 foresight.

republion

Mar 24, 2009
Yeah... That was my thinking. There would be people around him to help minimize the damage.

But holy shit - The people around him have actually AMPLIFIED his damage.

I think bourbon is a good guy and all but I don't believe him that he thought it would be this bad. No rational person could have expected this. Or perhaps, he doesn't yet actually understand how bad this is (going to get)?
The policy and actions of this administration are what liberal wet dreams are made of. This is what they want. This is a reason to never vote Democratic again. This isn’t one senile and inept old guy doing this damage. This is the entirety of team D using the senile and inept old man as a puppet for their own gain.

republion

Mar 24, 2009
Trump allowed the lockdowns - which came from his Covid team (from which he never fired anyone) - that necessitated the printing of the 6'ish TRILLION dollars.

Trump was POTUS when this ball got rolling in the wrong direction. Hell, he helped push it, and never did anything to stop it.

Put anther way, Trump started this dumpster fire. But Biden came in, and all he's done is throw all of our gasoline on the dumpster fire! Like, WTF!?
And that was all during a time when so much was unknown. Trump would’ve turned things around A LOT sooner instead of doubling down like the current idiots in charge have done time and time again.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Yes, I knew he would be this bad. He’s attempting to do everything he said he would do.
Trust someone when they threaten you. However the other guy tweeted mean stuff and shit himself in front of the pope.
Seriously , FFS, they hid the guy, why? How was this even a decision . I could tell he was compromised mentally .
It was easy to see if you were all offended by the orange guy.

CoastGuard2018

Jul 25, 2017
I expected a Biden presidency to be unspectacular. In fact, I expected it to be pretty bad. That's why I couldn't vote for him.

I honestly pinched my nose and tried to vote for Trump. Couldn't do that either. Threw my vote away because I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night voting for either one, and figured we were looking at a bad next four years with either choice.

Holy f*cking sh*t though! I never thought this was possible. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I should have voted for Trump. I still think Trump is literal scum of the Earth, and honestly his hands are dirty from this mess too - But FFS Biden!?

We're going to be feeling the repercussions of this mess for generations. Many generations. This isn't just a point-in-time recession that we recover from and look back and think, "well that sucked - glad it's over." Massive inflation crushing the poor and middle class - and even many that would be considered "upper class" -- And the only way to stop this bleeding is by tanking the economy into recession.

What is frightening is that our ship is just starting to scrape the iceberg. Find something to grab on to that might float, because this ship is going down - And it's going to sink like a rock.

I thought he would suck but never thought it would be this bad. Never dreamed based on his prior track record he would go so far left. When he and his handlers chose Kamala I started to worry.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

Gotta admit it, didn’t know it would get this bad this quickly. Knew he would screw up the economy. And the Covid response. And the southern border. Knew undoubtedly that energy would skyrocket.... just thought a little slower.

But didn’t expect the total collapse in Afghanistan....thought the Pentagon would stand up to him. Didn’t expect Putin to go full crazy on Ukraine......perhaps should have know he would act with this joker in the WH. And didn’t think he would appoint a cabinetmaker without a single qualified person.

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
Gotta admit it, didn’t know it would get this bad this quickly. Knew he would screw up the economy. And the Covid response. And the southern border. Knew undoubtedly that energy would skyrocket.... just thought a little slower.

But didn’t expect the total collapse in Afghanistan....thought the Pentagon would stand up to him. Didn’t expect Putin to go full crazy on Ukraine......perhaps should have know he would act with this joker in the WH. And didn’t think he would appoint a cabinetmaker without a single qualified person.

Exactly how I felt - what I expected. All of it.

I knew there would be a mess for President DeSantis to clean up, but wow. By the time he takes office, this country is going to be in a low low low place.

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
The policy and actions of this administration are what liberal wet dreams are made of. This is what they want. This is a reason to never vote Democratic again. This isn’t one senile and inept old guy doing this damage. This is the entirety of team D using the senile and inept old man as a puppet for their own gain.
100% on target and Biden was chosen not only as the puppet but as the eventual scapegoat. They will try to pin the results on Biden when the reality is that this is what Democrat policies yield. So those easily mislead will think the next Democrat candidate will be better while wielding the same Democrat policies.

republion

Mar 24, 2009
100% on target and Biden was chosen not only as the puppet but as the eventual scapegoat. They will try to pin the results on Biden when the reality is that this is what Democrat policies yield. So those easily mislead will think the next Democrat candidate will be better while wielding the same Democrat policies.
Yep. Spot on!!!!

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Exactly how I felt - what I expected. All of it.

I knew there would be a mess for President DeSantis to clean up, but wow. By the time he takes office, this country is going to be in a low low low place.
Ever have an idiot of a substitute teacher? Then you have that retired Marine Colonel who got into teaching? Both are place holders, but everyone knew what Biden was all about out their in the real world. The real world, outside of our country.