Holy Crap. Honest question... Did anyone expect Biden's presidency to be this level of disaster?

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
I expected a Biden presidency to be unspectacular. In fact, I expected it to be pretty bad. That's why I couldn't vote for him.

I honestly pinched my nose and tried to vote for Trump. Couldn't do that either. Threw my vote away because I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night voting for either one, and figured we were looking at a bad next four years with either choice.

Holy f*cking sh*t though! I never thought this was possible. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I should have voted for Trump. I still think Trump is literal scum of the Earth, and honestly his hands are dirty from this mess too - But FFS Biden!?

We're going to be feeling the repercussions of this mess for generations. Many generations. This isn't just a point-in-time recession that we recover from and look back and think, "well that sucked - glad it's over." Massive inflation crushing the poor and middle class - and even many that would be considered "upper class" -- And the only way to stop this bleeding is by tanking the economy into recession.

What is frightening is that our ship is just starting to scrape the iceberg. Find something to grab on to that might float, because this ship is going down - And it's going to sink like a rock.

The wealth transfer over the next 10 years is going to be spectacular.

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
Yes. I new it would be this bad. Imagine what it could be like if BBB was passed, the Supreme Court was packed, and DC and Peurto Rico were states. An early hint was an elderly dementia patient campaigning for president of the United States from his basement. He was an incapable candidate from the start.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I expected a Biden presidency to be unspectacular. In fact, I expected it to be pretty bad. That's why I couldn't vote for him.

I honestly pinched my nose and tried to vote for Trump. Couldn't do that either. Threw my vote away because I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night voting for either one, and figured we were looking at a bad next four years with either choice.

Holy f*cking sh*t though! I never thought this was possible. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I should have voted for Trump. I still think Trump is literal scum of the Earth, and honestly his hands are dirty from this mess too - But FFS Biden!?

We're going to be feeling the repercussions of this mess for generations. Many generations. This isn't just a point-in-time recession that we recover from and look back and think, "well that sucked - glad it's over." Massive inflation crushing the poor and middle class - and even many that would be considered "upper class" -- And the only way to stop this bleeding is by tanking the economy into recession.

What is frightening is that our ship is just starting to scrape the iceberg. Find something to grab on to that might float, because this ship is going down - And it's going to sink like a rock.

Yes I did believe he was this bad, I cannot see how others did not see it. He was obviously not all there mentally meaning we would not get any kind of leadership from him. It's whoever is running the show.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I did not expect this at all.

I knew he was old, frail, and partially senile, but that someone would have his back. No one does. This administration is managed by the liberalist of liberals. They are not interested in inflation crushing the poor and middle class. They really aren't. They are interested in DEI. Anti-racism, CRT, Queer theory..... They want to shape society into their vision. Jobs? Who cares. Economy? Who cares. Advancement? Who cares. It's all secondary.

Nbergbuck

Mar 31, 2004

Any presidential term is, in part, colored by events. The war in Ukraine has hurt Biden. However, the biggest problem is he is simply too old. A good VP would have helped, but he does not have that either.

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016

I knew he was old, frail, and partially senile, but that someone would have his back. No one does. This administration is managed by the liberalist of liberals. They are not interested in inflation crushing the poor and middle class. They really aren't. They are interested in DEI. Anti-racism, CRT, Queer theory..... They want to shape society into their vision. Jobs? Who cares. Economy? Who cares. Advancement? Who cares. It's all secondary.

Yeah... That was my thinking. There would be people around him to help minimize the damage.

But holy shit - The people around him have actually AMPLIFIED his damage.

I think bourbon is a good guy and all but I don't believe him that he thought it would be this bad. No rational person could have expected this. Or perhaps, he doesn't yet actually understand how bad this is (going to get)?

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010

I don't know where you get your information to conclude that this is "crushing" but that is one of the biggest problems we face. I don't think most people are like you, but they should be. Why? Because they are simply uninformed. They are stupid enough to believe the Democrat Party line that high prices are the result of corporate greed. They don't understand money supply. They don't understand the cost of regulations. They don't understand much of anything. Probably could not point to Washington DC on a map.

The big worry is that, as you have indicated, we cannot reverse this mess easily. We can't even start until 2025, because the Senate would never vote for impeachment.

It's this bad: Biden makes a gaffe during his primary campaign by saying in Pennsylvania that he will end fracking. Realizing afterwards that he said it in PA, his campaign has him walk that back to say only on federal lands. That becomes policy even though there is no logic to it.

Yes it's that bad, when everything is merely driven by politics and not the good of the nation. We have evidence that this administration will never change course even if the entire country is driven over a cliff. They are in an entrenched ideology. Biden is surrounded by people that are well off and care only about ideology.

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002

Pretty sure Trump predicted it all. It's amazing how often he's been right and continues to be. Take away what the media wants you to think about Trump and you have on of the Greatest Presidents ever!

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Any presidential term is, in part, colored by events. The war in Ukraine has hurt Biden. However, the biggest problem is he is simply too old. A good VP would have helped, but he does not have that either.
Except, VP's don't do sh&t in most administrations.

Reactions: jjw165

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Yeah... That was my thinking. There would be people around him to help minimize the damage.

I think bourbon is a good guy and all but I don't believe him that he thought it would be this bad. No rational person could have expected this. Or perhaps, he doesn't yet actually understand how bad this is (going to get)?
I lived through Carter, I was young so yeah. I have an idea. The trouble is the ideologues that were nowhere near competent finally rose up the ranks .

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005

Well, he has referred to it as an unconventional civil war that has already started. I think he gets it.

Biden hid in the basement, but when they let him out, he talked about being the most progressive president in history; shutting down fossil fuels, transitioning to green energy when politicians shutdown cities for Covid(a drastic and harmful measure in and of itself). Drastic policies to be enacted when coming out of some drastic lockdowns and business closures. The policies he ran on were about as untimely and bizarre as you could get.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

I think Trump can be an ass at times, however I liked the results. I was skeptical about him until I saw Scott Adams explain about how he communicates. Then I ignored most media pundits and watched him through that filter.
I said this before, my brother in law was offered a cabinet post by Trump. He's currently an executive at an Aerospace company, and prior to that he was a Naval officer, teacher at the academy, former pilot and was second in command of a cabinet post under GWB. Among other things. He met with trump, liked him, but could not leave the private sector at that time.
He also knew Obama at Harvard and thinks Trump was the best out of the last three Presidents. Many criticize Presidents, but he actually knew the last three fairly well.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Well, he has referred to it as an unconventional civil war that has already started. I think he gets it.

Biden hid in the basement, but when they let him out, he talked about being the most progressive president in history; shutting down fossil fuels, transitioning to green energy when politicians shutdown cities for Covid(a drastic and harmful measure in and of itself). Drastic policies to be enacted when coming out of some drastic lockdowns and business closures. The policies he ran on were about as untimely and bizarre as you could get.
Well Trump was an asshole so that justifies getting pissed off and destroying the country. When someone tells me what they will do I believe them and either agree or disagree. If I do not agree I won't do it or in this case vote for the other guy.
Again, how did you not see this coming?

Reactions: psuted and jjw165

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

I honestly didn’t know what to expect but I knew he would be bad and was a big bag of hot air.

I’m a bit surprised to see just how far left he has gone. He’s like Obama on steroids or Bernie Sanders and I think he fooled a lot of people that voted for him and expected more of a centrist.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I honestly didn’t know what to expect but I knew he would be bad and was a big bag of hot air.

I’m a bit surprised to see just how far left he has gone. He’s like Obama on steroids or Bernie Sanders and I think he fooled a lot of people that voted for him and expected more of a centrist.
Well they were morons.

Reactions: GSPMax and psuted

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

Trump and the stimulus was something I did not like, but we weren't sure of certain things back then. However the disastrous state policies in blue states and certain policies there as opposed to say Florida helped get us this mess more than Trump.
Want to help? This administration needs to do exactly what trump did on energy and push nuclear power. And other silly ass woke shit that costs money, no.

Reactions: psuted

I am Ironman

May 29, 2001

Woke authoritarianism is their only goal. They have totally abandoned their responsibilities to the common American citizen.

Most (not all) liberals lost their connection to reality in the years leading up to Trump. When Trump won in 2016 it sent them into an perpetual state of rage that will not let up until they totally destroy our society. They are the true domestic terrorist threat to this country.

We will survive this as many of these radicals are being voted out of their positions. Whether it be a local state representative, a creepy groomer school board member, or an insanely radical DA of a major city who has deep ties to murderous left wing radical groups, they are all going to fall one way or another and their supporters will be ostracized for their complicity.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Woke authoritarianism is their only goal. They have totally abandoned their responsibilities to the common American citizen.

Most (not all) liberals lost their connection to reality in the years leading up to Trump. When Trump won in 2016 it sent them into an perpetual state of rage that will not let up until they totally destroy our society. They are the true domestic terrorist threat to this country.

We will survive this as many of these radicals are being voted out of their positions. Whether it be a local state representative, a creepy groomer school board member, or an insanely radical DA of a major city who has deep ties to murderous left wing radical groups, they are all going to fall one way or another and their supporters will be ostracized for their complicity.
I like your attitude , I’d buy you a beer if I could .

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012

How did y'all not know? He's not intelligent. His foreign policy history is an absolute disaster. He's also a liar and a racist. He told everyone what he was going to do on day one. From undoing everything Trump did to energy. And here we are, living under a foreign compromised dolt.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
How did y'all not know? He's not intelligent. His foreign policy history is an absolute disaster. He's also a liar and a racist. He told everyone what he was going to do on day one. From undoing everything Trump did to energy. And here we are, living under a foreign compromised dolt.
That nails it.

Reactions: psuted and Hotshoe

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002

I don't think most people understood the swamp wasn't elected officals, that is where the true issues are. Trump was starting to drain it.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Excellent post.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
I think Trump can be an ass at times, however I liked the results. I was skeptical about him until I saw Scott Adams explain about how he communicates. Then I ignored most media pundits and watched him through that filter.
I said this before, my brother in law was offered a cabinet post by Trump. He's currently an executive at an Aerospace company, and prior to that he was a Naval officer, teacher at the academy, former pilot and was second in command of a cabinet post under GWB. Among other things. He met with trump, liked him, but could not leave the private sector at that time.
He also knew Obama at Harvard and thinks Trump was the best out of the last three Presidents. Many criticize Presidents, but he actually knew the last three fairly well.

I really think Trump is ok and is not necessarily the monster that the left makes out. I just think he’s driven and because of his “big abrasive” and narcissistic type personality, he often comes across as a real ass hole. I think he’s real demanding to work with and work for, and would likely be hard to get along with if you’re thin skinned and not focused, driven, and marching in the same direction.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I really think Trump is ok and is not necessarily the monster that the left makes out. I just think he’s driven and because of his “big abrasive” and narcissistic type personality, he often comes across as a real ass hole. I think he’s real demanding to work with and work for, and would likely be hard to get along with if you’re thin skinned and not focused, driven, and marching in the same direction.
That's why I say an ass. My brother in law has been around and could take a tough but fair boss.

Reactions: Sullivan and psuted

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

No doubt. I have been pointing that out for a long while. That said, I still didn't think it would be this bad. I mean, have you been grocery shopping lately? You can't walk out of there < $100 and missing several items on your list because they can't fill the shelves....

Last edited:

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
Trump and the stimulus was something I did not like, but we weren't sure of certain things back then. However the disastrous state policies in blue states and certain policies there as opposed to say Florida helped get us this mess more than Trump.
Want to help? This administration needs to do exactly what trump did on energy and push nuclear power. And other silly ass woke shit that costs money, no.

Trump allowed the lockdowns - which came from his Covid team (from which he never fired anyone) - that necessitated the printing of the 6'ish TRILLION dollars.

Trump was POTUS when this ball got rolling in the wrong direction. Hell, he helped push it, and never did anything to stop it.

Put anther way, Trump started this dumpster fire. But Biden came in, and all he's done is throw all of our gasoline on the dumpster fire! Like, WTF!?

ram2020

Jul 29, 2013

Yes, and I did my civic duty warning friends and family not to vote for him. All I ever heard were platitudes about Trump not being a good leader, or "I don't like the way he comports himself" or, he foments hate. I said whatever things you think are bad about Trump, they will pale in comparison to the whirlwind of a Joe/Kamala administration.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

Yeah, but he’s “lunch pail Joe” from Scranton and he cares.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Trump allowed the lockdowns - which came from his Covid team (from which he never fired anyone) - that necessitated the printing of the 6'ish TRILLION dollars.

Trump was POTUS when this ball got rolling in the wrong direction. Hell, he helped push it, and never did anything to stop it.

Put anther way, Trump started this dumpster fire. But Biden came in, and all he's done is throw all of our gasoline on the dumpster fire! Like, WTF!?
You make a great point there, but who would’ve listened ? He was constantly savaged for not doing enough. The media wasn’t attacking him for doing too much of you recall.
However if he was re elected our nature would be cheaper at a minimum. We might be grumbling over $3.25 gas.
But it wasn’t only the COVID stuff which I agree in theory with you, it’s that everything Biden does is wrong. He can’t speak , you know he’s not negotiating with foreign powers nor is he respected .
I saw this because I did not believe he was mentally up to this job. They hid him. They knew he was incompetent.

psu skp

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2016
50 yard line after dark

Not sure you can lay all this at Trump's feet. He was listening to all the so-called experts who were all advising him to shut things down to "stop the spread". It's easy to play Monday morning QB, but all I remember from 2020 was Trump being ripped mercilessly for not doing ENOUGH... of actually being responsible for killing thousands of people with his Administration's inaction.

And now all we hear is it's Trump's fault for his role in shutting down the economy in reaction to "the greatest public health crisis in history". So it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. When faced with such a choice, good leaders err on the side a prudence and follow the advise of public health officials rather than what will be best for your short-term political prospects. And that's what Trump did.