ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey Tickets and Game Day Experience

PSU IE 97

Aug 23, 2010
Mountain Top, PA
www.gopsusports.com
All knowing board,

I'm planning a trip to see the PSU hockey team defeat OSU on 2/20. Any good places to look for tickets besides StubHub and Ticketmaster? Did the Ticket Exchange page disappear from here?

Also, this will be my first trip to the Pegula Ice Arena. What's the parking situation? Do I need a pass in hand to avoid paying $40 the day of the game? Any other tips to maximize game day experience would be great.

Thanks in advance!

All knowing board,

I'm planning a trip to see the PSU hockey team defeat OSU on 2/20. Any good places to look for tickets besides StubHub and Ticketmaster? Did the Ticket Exchange page disappear from here?

Also, this will be my first trip to the Pegula Ice Arena. What's the parking situation? Do I need a pass in hand to avoid paying $40 the day of the game? Any other tips to maximize game day experience would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Parking is definitely not $40. It's like $5 or free if you want to walk 100 feet further. You can park in the "green" lot for football for a small fee, or at the spikes stadium for free.

Ticketmaster has taken over what the old ticket exchange used to do. Most tickets you see on Ticketmaster have been listed for resale by season ticket holders.

I love the atmosphere at Pegula. The student section is awesome and they really add to the experience. My wife and I parked over by holuba hall for free and walked to the rink. It's a great experience, you're going to love it. We got tix first row on glass for cheap on stub hub....hate the fees that stub hub now includes on tix tho

I love the atmosphere at Pegula. The student section is awesome and they really add to the experience. My wife and I parked over by holuba hall for free and walked to the rink. It's a great experience, you're going to love it. We got tix first row on glass for cheap on stub hub....hate the fees that stub hub now includes on tix tho

I was going to pull the trigger on buying tickets last week on stubhub when they were plentiful and cheaper but I had to make sure my schedule was free the day of the game. Now, tickets have doubled in cost. At least now I know parking is cheap!

Thanks for all the feedback.

As it's a Saturday conference game and the last game of the season/Senior Day, I would imagine that tickets will remain highly priced until Friday (for whatever is left). The old Rivals BWI ticket board is still there - there are three or so posts looking for the same game (none offering). Others have commented on parking - easy in and out, unlike a football gameday. I have a few extra parking passes (they aren't event specific) and could send one your way if you want one.

Tickets have been hard to come by in general. I was going to add two season tickets this year, but could only find singles scattered around the arena during the purchase window (wish I had grabbed the single next to my two... shouldn't have waited an extra day!). As for sales, I stopped using StubHub and started using TicketMaster exclusively thus season (football and hockey) - those StubHub fees are insane! The downside is that I get stuck with parking passes that I can't sell/use (hence the extra hockey parking).

Best of luck with tickets and Go State!

As it's a Saturday conference game and the last game of the season/Senior Day, I would imagine that tickets will remain highly priced until Friday (for whatever is left). The old Rivals BWI ticket board is still there - there are three or so posts looking for the same game (none offering). Others have commented on parking - easy in and out, unlike a football gameday. I have a few extra parking passes (they aren't event specific) and could send one your way if you want one.

Tickets have been hard to come by in general. I was going to add two season tickets this year, but could only find singles scattered around the arena during the purchase window (wish I had grabbed the single next to my two... shouldn't have waited an extra day!). As for sales, I stopped using StubHub and started using TicketMaster exclusively thus season (football and hockey) - those StubHub fees are insane! The downside is that I get stuck with parking passes that I can't sell/use (hence the extra hockey parking).

Best of luck with tickets and Go State!

FYI, the stubhub fees were always there, they just use to show "all in" pricing. The price you see was the price you pay. They just now switched to suckering you in with low looking tickets and then adding the 25% when you add the tickets to your cart. Stubhub always got their cut.

All knowing board,

Thanks in advance!

Go to the PSU Ticket Exchange site and you should find some for sale. I live a little north of you and my friend, who shares the tix, lives in your area. I can't make many games so we usually sell them on the site. I have sold quite a few this year but will go to the last game. I only made one game this year. I have an entire packet of parking passes so I can get you one for free. FYI, getting season tix for hockey was a great investment because all of the tix we sell get credited to the account so it really lowers our payment for football season tix. We usually hit up Happy Valley Brewing pre-game for some great brews and food.

Was just there this past Saturday for the Wisconsin game. Parking is $5, just on the other side of BJC (football stadium side). Some people where selling tickets around Pegula, but would imagine the OSU game will be harder to come by and more expensive. Best bet may be to try and get single seat tickets if that works for you?

Anybody know which section(s) is the student section?

49850s.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT