ADVERTISEMENT

Hildebrandt News!!!

Back to Hildebrant. Will we get a yes or no in December?

Jan. 9th, 2018, is when Carson Kuhn announced on Instagram that he was transferring to PSU for the second semester. The school confirmed it on Jan. 10th.

This is from a Jan. 17th, 2018, story in the Collegian when he transferred:

"Rumors began to circulate in December that Kuhn was working on transferring to Penn State — after Boise State eliminated its wrestling program in April. But, behind the scenes, Kuhn and Sanderson had been working to get him on the team since the summer. They initially hoped he’d join in the fall. But mounds of paperwork and credits that wouldn’t transfer prevented Kuhn from becoming a Nittany Lion until last Tuesday."

So in answer to your question, maybe December, maybe not.

Ad yet you had to comment like it was important lol. Just kidding it's not a big deal.
99%? Where did you get that stat? Can you name me 6 Iowa fans that post here regularly? I bet you get to 3 or 4 and slow way down.

Most of the Iowa related talk (good or bad) on this board starts with PSU posters. It's the truth I'm sticking to it. The few Iowa fans here often react to threads or topics that are or turn into talk about Iowa wrestlers/coaches/ the state/corn you name it. Like i said it's not a big deal and not worth arguing about. I'm moving on.

I think it’s understood he has to finish some world campus classes to get into grad school officially here and until he does, he’s not on the team.

Reactions: Psugo823
I think everyone is paranoid because of what happened with Wick but this situation is different since Drew graduated. Senior transfers are way more complicated than graduate transfers.

I think the bigger concern is how good shape Drew will be in and if he’s going to be super rusty. If he’s not at PSU yet, he’s basically training on his own, which can be tough. 125 is a lot of parity outside the Top 4 and we need him to grab placement points for team race purposes.

I think everyone is paranoid because of what happened with Wick but this situation is different since Drew graduated. Senior transfers are way more complicated than graduate transfers.

I think the bigger concern is how good shape Drew will be in and if he’s going to be super rusty. If he’s not at PSU yet, he’s basically training on his own, which can be tough. 125 is a lot of parity outside the Top 4 and we need him to grab placement points for team race purposes.
Silver lining is that he could be training with his Olympic medalist sister

• Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst69
As of the last home match PSU was "still waiting on transcripts" that may or maynot make it on time for the scuffle due to the limited staff during the holiday break.

Well, we do have Angry Spyker but he's not nearly as forthcoming with room observations. Maybe his secretary ran off to the other board?
And perhaps that is what has caused a shift in demeanor?

Which reminds me . . . @El-Jefe @dunkej01 @dicemen99 : In light of an apparent escalation, what are your thoughts about taking up a resolution at the next Board Meeting to reclassify his title from ‘Angry’ to ‘Pissed’?

As of the last home match PSU was "still waiting on transcripts" that may or maynot make it on time for the scuffle due to the limited staff during the holiday break.
How is he eligible for the scuffle anyway? Scuffle starts the 1st and classes at Penn state don’t start till the 10th. I thought he couldn’t wrestle until the 10th. I figured we could see him at midlands

How is he eligible for the scuffle anyway? Scuffle starts the 1st and classes at Penn state don’t start till the 10th. I thought he couldn’t wrestle until the 10th. I figured we could see him at midlands

Can't he wrestle unattached like Starocci did 2 years ago?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Midlands isnt the first weekend of the year anymore?

Yeah he could go unattached. someone on this board said that it matters more when fall semester ends than when spring begins in terms of eligibility to compete. I forget who, but he sounded like he knew what he was talking about to me. TIFWIW

Never was. Was always around Dec 29-ish. Think of it as Iowa's December Big Ten Title.

Which makes the idea of Yes Midlands But No Scuffle less credible.
Ahhh, indeed it does, but Midlands IS an open, right?

Just not for HSers anymore.

Anyone ( except HS kids) is eligible for the Scuffle.

Did any of the above answer your questions?

If he’s enrolled for the next semester he should be able to compete before the individual schools semester begins. Think of athletics in the fall. Freshman can play soccer and football games in August. Long before classes start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT