ADVERTISEMENT

Herby’s Got The Virus / Calling tOSU-Clemson From Home! *

I could care less if he calls a game where his son is playing. I do however think he should sit this one out if he's sick and at home. However, more important than all of that, I hope he recovers completely.

Having just dealt with COVID, I was coughing extensively, especially when I was talking a lot. Not sure if Herbie will have the same issue but it will be interesting to see.

Yeah, I don't find him particularly interesting or charismatic but few are. He is super politically correct and vanilla as they all are. He certainly could be subsituted for without missing a beat in my opinion. Clearly the ESPN brain trust think he is a must have on the call. There may actually may not be a great replacement available since all the games are happening now so that could be the issue plus it is not a huge deal to have a person call the game from home.

Soccer?? Have you ever watched our National teams?

No. Who watches soccer in America outside of maybe the World Cup or Olympics? 😜

I’m sure the Big Ten conference would be open to pushing for changing the rules for Herby. He is from Ohio State after all.

• Haha
Reactions: BBrown
I could care less if he calls a game where his son is playing. I do however think he should sit this one out if he's sick and at home. However, more important than all of that, I hope he recovers completely.
Given there was just a 41-year-old congressman-elect with no pre-existing conditions who died from COVID-19 I hope that the 51-year-old Herbstreit remains asymptomatic and recovers quickly.

Reactions: MtNittany
Given there was just a 41-year-old congressman-elect with no pre-existing conditions who died from COVID-19 I hope that the 51-year-old Herbstreit remains asymptomatic and recovers quickly.
You mean the heart attack victim? Go put a sock over your head for the next year because the media tells you to. Maybe that will help heart disease research somehow.

You mean the heart attack victim? Go put a sock over your head for the next year because the media tells you to. Maybe that will help heart disease research somehow.
He had no pre-existing conditions. He wouldn't have been receiving the procedure that caused the heart attack if he didn't have worsening COVID symptoms. If you want to be obtuse and say that's not somehow COVID related then knock yourself out.

He got COVID to get attention? Your reaction tells me a lot about you.

Yes...that’s EXACTLY what I thought. That he went out and got COVID to get attention.

Your inability to detect sarcasm tell me me a lot about you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT