ADVERTISEMENT

Helton is toast.....

USC's AD Bohn was the AD at Colorado when Bieniemy was the OC there. Those Colorado teams were really bad, but Bohn might have attributed the problems to the HC Embree and not Bieniemy. Though in my view, Bieniemy was a big part of the problem. Maybe he has gotten better since that time.
I've heard they do not belong to a mutual admiration society.

That is BS. Penn State was good enough at least once per decade. 94, 04, 08 and had Bill O'Brien stayed 14. If we could I would drive Franklin to USC in the off season and bring O'Brien back in a heart beat. So would you if you are being honest.
14 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
O'Brien took a future NFL player laden, experienced roster in 2012 and promptly lost to Ohio U. LOL

Reactions: nits74
Housing is the major difference, but keep in mind that a house is an asset that ordinarily retains value. Other living costs are higher, but "exponentially." Nah.
Ask Dan Patrick. That's where he lives. 😏

one thing to look at is cost of living between USC and PSU. I grew up in State College. A 2 million $ house in state college is pretty freaking nice. I live in San Diego now. A 2 million dollar house in a nice area of southern cal isn’t all that special. Frankly in some of the nicer beach areas in LA, a 2 million $ house is a nice 1800 sq ft condo.

guessing Franklin has plenty of money to have a nice life in either place. But the cost of living in LA is exponentially higher than it is in State College.

with the state of Penn St. we could get just about any other coach we wanted - minus a few like Saban or Dabo.
That is where I am right now.....between taxes and cost of living he is going to have to get an offer of about 13-14 million and if USC thinks he is worth 4 million more than saban, then they can have him.

Like you said, PSU will have everyone but a select few lining up to take the job.

That is where I am right now.....between taxes and cost of living he is going to have to get an offer of about 13-14 million and if USC thinks he is worth 4 million more than saban, then they can have him.

Like you said, PSU will have everyone but a select few lining up to take the job.
How are you coming up with that number?

Last edited:
Agree if Franklins' interested then its time to tell him to leave. School cant keep negotiating every time USC shows interest.

Agree if Franklins' interested then its time to tell him to leave. School cant keep negotiating every time USC shows interest.

Sure, and then Ms Excellence has to go out and hire a new coach who is at least as good. You have more confidence in her than I do.

Reactions: nits74
For those that are worried that JF is leaving.....we have done pretty well on the coaches we have hired in the past years.

Franklin's always coy about the most recent high-profile opening, then he stays. But I think that's because the deals just didn't work out. One of these times it will. If PSU were his ultimate job, it would be clear to all suiters. But he intentionally lets his name be floated. And I don't think he needs more leverage with PSU brass. The other question is whether the coordinators would want to go with him.

Franklin's always coy about the most recent high-profile opening, then he stays. But I think that's because the deals just didn't work out. One of these times it will. If PSU were his ultimate job, it would be clear to all suiters. But he intentionally lets his name be floated. And I don't think he needs more leverage with PSU brass. The other question is whether the coordinators would want to go with him.

He needs all of the leverage he can get. Nothing ever comes easy with hose folks, unless it's money for an art museum.

We don’t even know if there were any deals. Talk about speculation at its finest.

So funny. People on here work themselves into a frenzy about nothing. There is absolutely no indication he is interested in leaving just like every other year
And do we know if he’s ever even received an offer from another program?

Klatt saying Deion Sanders? Guy is nuts.

Now they are saying BOB is a prime candidate

OB is a good candidate but again, eyes will be on the NFL. Ideally you try to sway someone with success at a big time college program, but that takes a lot of money. Handing the keys to a guy with some success at a lower level is a mixed bag - worked well for Urban Meyer and Matt Rhule, not so much for Tom Herman and Scott Frost. I think Fickell would be smart but still not without risk. Need someone with the personality and ideally the west coast connections to elevate the program. Someone like Tee Martin but with more experience.

Well if O’Brien did go to USC, he is a stone’s throw away from the 2 LA NFL teams if either decide to shit can their coach next few seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT