ADVERTISEMENT

Help for all the negative posters

People have forgotten that Iowa owned us with far inferior talent when Joe was coach. That did not make him a bad coach.
Would love to hear your definition of "owned" considering that we won the series under Joe 12 to 11. Or was it you who forgot?

Reactions: nits74
I get tired of the "I'm a better fan than you are" threads and posts, as if the team and coaching staff should be immune to any criticism. Nobody "expected" an undefeated season, and nobody "expected" to make the playoffs. However, the team had fourth quarter leads in both of its losses and basically crapped the bed -- as it did in its losses last year, and in the loss to USC before that. The common theme is frustrating to me and many other fans, especially as the game is happening and for a day or so after that.

Tell me which category I belong to, o ye bestest fans of all . . .
Bingo, Omar. The OP, along with a few others, absolutely love to grandstand and have the chance to direct sanctimonious comments at others whom they, in their self-proclaimed preeminence, deem unfit to be Penn State fans. Take the self-righteous crap somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: fastlax16
To me these people fall into a few categories

1) Fans of other programs throwing shade (there are quite a few)
2) Weak PSU fans with an agenda (can the coach whose brought us back to prominence)
3) People who live their lives hopelessly negatively. I can only imagine the self-fulfilling prophacies of some of these poor souls in their everyday lives.
4) PSU fans who bought into playoff expectations in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year and now are having an emotional reaction.

I say ignore them. The problem is actually themselves. This team will grow and compete and next year look out!
So if a recruit decides that PSU can't win big games against the "great" teams in the Big 10, and goes elsewhere, I assume he is also somehow defective, right?

Sorry, you are right but it is silly for people not to realize tha players can have a bad game. Trace stays in bounds we win. #21 makes an easy interception we win, so many other things went wrong. Hopefully the staff has finally learned that playing not to lose when you get the ball is a bad strategy. We lost. I can live with that and not be bitter. The rancor toward 19-22 year old kids is uncalled for.
It did get rancorous with regard to some of the kids and that is unfortunate. Posters can be critical without getting ugly. I was especially appalled by posts like "player X sucks".

Bingo, Omar. The OP, along with a few others, absolutely love to grandstand and have the chance to direct sanctimonious comments at others whom they, in their self-proclaimed preeminence, deem unfit to be Penn State fans. Take the self-righteous crap somewhere else.

nits74 and Omar, two of the dimmer bulbs. Same posters who cry all over the board whenever the steelers lose.

nits74 and Omar, two of the dimmer bulbs. Same posters who cry all over the board whenever the steelers lose.
Yep. I'm a dim bulb. Just ask anyone.

Really, it's an honor to be castgiated by someone like you.

Hoping that you're feeling better about yourself after posting a "PTSD crisis line" to start this absurd thread and now making personal attacks on the internet regarding someone you don't even know. I'll skip posting my resume to counter your "have not accomplished dip spit in your life" comment.

Carry on.

Careful - someone else might leave because of being mean to Mary.

I
Would love to hear your definition of "owned" considering that we won the series under Joe 12 to 11. Or was it you who forgot?
stand corrected. I should have left it that most losses were games in which Ed had the best athletes. We should have won all but 3-4. They were unusually successful.

LOL. I read very few posts or comments after the game. The ptsd and entire thread were meant to say that too many people take a loss way too seriously. It seems so childish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT