ADVERTISEMENT

Heinz field experience

I was actually raving to some of my coworkers today (I live in Philly) about how much fun I had talking to the PSU fans at the tailgate, during the game, and after the game. I will definitely be at the game next year.

I hope Givens is okay - he looked like he got popped.

Reactions: Zenophile
I thought 99% of the Pitt fans were great, but there's always that 1%, and Penn State has them too. We had 1 Pitt fan with a "Fitzgerald" shirt, that kept standing up and turning around to taunt the PSU fans after every play that went Pitt's way. He wasn't obscene, but he was blocking everyone's view. It just went too far. It's amazing that no one threw something at him and started a riot. Security came up to warn him 3 times. He finally stopped turning around, but kept standing up facing forward doing the same taunt, raising his arms to block everyone's view. OK, it wasn't horrible, I get it. But here's the thing, and PSU fans should take note too: It would have only taken 1 other Pitt fan to walk down and ask him to please stop, because he was embarrassing "our University". I saw a handful of badly behaved Pitt fans, but I never saw anyone self-police it. In fact, they laughed at it, took pictures and supported the bad behavior. And this happens at Penn State too. We should all have the courage to step in. After all, they are destroying the reputation of our school's fans. It doesn't have to be an aggressive challenge, a calm suggestion from a fan of the same team can usually do the trick. I've done this, and I've seen others do this at PSU, but we should all do it more.

I sat really close to this idiot too.

I was actually raving to some of my coworkers today (I live in Philly) about how much fun I had talking to the PSU fans at the tailgate, during the game, and after the game. I will definitely be at the game next year.

I hope Givens is okay - he looked like he got popped.

Sadly our best hit of the day - Bowen decked him when the Pitt QB ducked/slid. Ugh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT