ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone seen Obliviax lately?

This is Obliviax. Thanks for the well wishes. I am just fine; in fact never better.

As a poster, I am out. I will still continue to lurk from time to time. But as a poster I am out.

A year ago, I quit watching the news and reading the newspaper. I now get my news by searching for direct quotes and making up my own mind. I got tired of people telling me the news (which was often, perhaps usually, wrong) and what I should think. It started with the press and Paterno during the JS affair. Basically, a total and complete disgust with "the system". I found myself in a much better place.

I decided to seek positivity. I stopped watching gloomy movies, TV shows, and (for the most part) avoid whiners.

It got to the point where this board was the source of, or what was left of, my aggravation. If someone talks about a weakness on the team that needs to be overcome, they are personally hammered. I've learned that every team member and coach is simultaneously a genius and a fool. I learned PSU is the best and worst university in the nation. I learned that everyone must be of a single mind in matters such as gun control, abortion, religion and police brutality. And, God (whomever that is) forbid someone try to make a joke or light of any situation (most pointedly, eagle and steeler fans).

I simply no longer enjoy it and I certainly I don't need it.

I've got a few years left to make a difference and leave a legacy. The negativity doesn't help. I am trying to maintain my energy and effectiveness as I enter the autumn of my life.

No bitterness. This is what happens, I guess, in every forum and social media outlet. Frankly, it simply isn't helpful. And I've spent far too many hours posting.

So I am done. Go PSU, For the Glory and "May No Act of Ours Bring Shame".

giphy.gif

Glad to hear you are ok and happy you are cutting any negativity out of your life! Good luck on everything.

Come back for a post when we win the national championship

This is Obliviax. Thanks for the well wishes. I am just fine; in fact never better.

As a poster, I am out. I will still continue to lurk from time to time. But as a poster I am out.
……...

No bitterness. This is what happens, I guess, in every forum and social media outlet. Frankly, it simply isn't helpful. And I've spent far too many hours posting.

giphy.gif
Too bad you had to out your alternative ID apparently used for lurking to post this message. Good luck with living cyberlife in the shadows.

A year ago, I quit watching the news and reading the newspaper. I now get my news by searching for direct quotes and making up my own mind. I got tired of people telling me the news (which was often, perhaps usually, wrong) and what I should think. It started with the press and Paterno during the JS affair. Basically, a total and complete disgust with "the system". I found myself in a much better place.

I decided to seek positivity. I stopped watching gloomy movies, TV shows, and (for the most part) avoid whiners.

It got to the point where this board was the source of, or what was left of, my aggravation. If someone talks about a weakness on the team that needs to be overcome, they are personally hammered. I've learned that every team member and coach is simultaneously a genius and a fool. I learned PSU is the best and worst university in the nation. I learned that everyone must be of a single mind in matters such as gun control, abortion, religion and police brutality. And, God (whomever that is) forbid someone try to make a joke or light of any situation (most pointedly, eagle and steeler fans).

I've got a few years left to make a difference and leave a legacy. The negativity doesn't help. I am trying to maintain my energy and effectiveness as I enter the autumn of my life.

giphy.gif
Jeez, am I the only one who noticed that President Obama posted this?

IMPOSTER!

Wait, he's only posing? And here I thought ... never mind.
Yes, the numbskull has told so many lies he can't keep track of them. He said he was Andrea DiMaggio, then he was her grandson, then daughter, then he was transgender. He made up fake Facebook accounts, but used the names of towns from movies like he did with his crap for brains Shuttlesworth account. He even made up fake Bernie McCue page.

Stupid Pitt asswipe.

giphy.gif

Glad to hear that you are OK, Obli. Best wishes to you.

Really you?? - then why not post under your Obliviax name?

Reactions: PSUfiji

giphy.gif
Obli Observation: he’s doing more of what makes him happy and less of what doesn’t!
good perspective! Good on ya, mate!

Reactions: Zenophile

giphy.gif
I know your frustration. I walked away for 5 months and came back on a much more limited basis. Perhaps you will as well, but if not, I wish you well. You are a valued member of this board community and will be missed. Godspeed.

I know your frustration. I walked away for 5 months and came back on a much more limited basis. Perhaps you will as well, but if not, I wish you well. You are a valued member of this board community and will be missed. Godspeed.

Fonzie knew EXACTLY where you were for those five months.....just saying! :rolleyes:

Reactions: fairgambit

giphy.gif

Enjoy BWI-retirement! If you still have my email, feel free to hit me up. Take care and best to the family!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT