ADVERTISEMENT

Haha...Chris Peak during his Pantherlair podcast says PSU fighting for Pinstripe bowl at best...

Could say the same about PSU. THe 2012 and 2013 recruiting classes were sub 50 and those are the juniors and seniors.

The majority of posts I read on here have us getting somewhere around 8 wins...not division and conference champiosnhip predictions. Some of our fans may be a little disappointed with 6 or 7 wins but that's not far off the expectations. We also don't have sports writers picking us to go to the Big championship game. There is way more hype around Pitt and when they come in around 6-6 it will be a meltdown of epic proportions.

Cool. Is Tom McA going to tweet back his expectations for Pitt?

(Asked tongue firmly planted in cheek.)

The majority of posts I read on here have us getting somewhere around 8 wins...not division and conference champiosnhip predictions. Some of our fans may be a little disappointed with 6 or 7 wins but that's not far off the expectations. We also don't have sports writers picking us to go to the Big championship game. There is way more hype around Pitt and when they come in around 6-6 it will be a meltdown of epic proportions.

The have that meltdown at the end of every year and then by the next year they are suddenly world beaters again. At least Rutgers knows their role now.

Reactions: john4psu
I am not sure why you would pick more. The 5th and 4th year players were sub 50 recruiting classes. Only 6 and 8 players even left from those classes compared to the 30+ that Bob had in 2012. New OC, new DC, questionable STC, new QB, and so on.

If PSU wins 8 or more then the staff did a great job. Next year is the year we take the big jump.

Where does he predict for Pitt? Let's compare recruiting classes:

2012: Pitt 47th, PSU 51st
2013: Pitt 35th, PSU 43rd
2014: Pitt 44th, PSU 24th
2015: Pitt 66th, PSU 15th
2016: Pitt 30th, PSU 22nd

Penn State has very little left from the 2012 class.

I didn't hear his podcast but I dont think thats too ridiculous.
I probably wouldn't have said "at best" but I think most of us believe
8 wins seems about right.

Have to agree with you. So PSU at 4th on our side and at least 1 team but probably 2or 3 teams on other side ahead of us. That puts us at like 6 or 7 slot. what Bowl game is that?

7 or 8 wins tops, says Peak.

8 seems about right. What are you thinking judge? You think we make our move past OSU, UM or MSU this year? I would love for one upset this year but there are probably the big 3 ahead of us for one more year. Then throw in a couple teams from the other side and looks like a middle Bowl game again minus a couple upsets.

The context was "Penn State won't be a very good team." With the assumption that Pitt will be.

I doubt anyone would realistically rate Pitt highly coming off that Navy game. But hey you may be firing up the troops.

8 seems about right. What are you thinking judge? You think we make our move past OSU, UM or MSU this year? I would love for one upset this year but there are probably the big 3 ahead of us for one more year. Then throw in a couple teams from the other side and looks like a middle Bowl game again minus a couple upsets.

I don't make predictions. No idea. I can see the team is getting more talented and gradually Franklin's excellent recruiting classes are filtering to the upper classes. I'd like to see the team peaking by the end of the year like the 93 team came together in beating MSU the last game of the season and then whooping Tennessee in the bowl game. 2017 team should be loaded for bear. Lose only replacement level players except for Bell (assuming Wartman-White gets his 6th year). Gaia is being pushed by McGovern this camp, Schwan might have a nice year but is holding off more talented youngsters, Golden is ok at safety. Give McGovern and Menet some seasoning this year at center and guard, and next year you have Nelson - Menet - McGovern - Bates - Mahon. That will be a kick ass line. Surround that with ALL of your elite wide receivers, a Jr. Barkley and a soph Sanders, and a experienced McSorley and Stevens.

giphy.gif

Can you dispute my points? Do you think the 2012 and 2013 recruiting classes were top 10 classes? Those are the 4th and 5th year players. PSU is a year away.

Yes, PSU is a "year away" from being very very good.

However, they're not a "year away" from being much better than Pitt though -- And that's (kinda) what we're discussing here.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Let me guess, ASWP has a good shot at registering another DNC (Delusional National Championship)..... Mmmmmhhhhhmmmm, who could hope to keep up with that team from the Military Bowl last year? LMFAO!

Amazing how delusional Peak is regarding Pitt. They have a 6 win roster tops this year with their schedule. No depth. Hoping freshman play like 3 year veterans. My guess is they spent the whole offseason talking about the doom what a Pitt loss will do For penn state. Pitt's season will be an absolute disaster when they lose to penn state

I just think its hilarious that on the PITT podcast they are asking for PSU predictions. lol They cant drum up enough on their own so they have to include PSU

Reactions: john4psu
Amazing how delusional Peak is regarding Pitt. They have a 6 win roster tops this year with their schedule. No depth. Hoping freshman play like 3 year veterans. My guess is they spent the whole offseason talking about the doom what a Pitt loss will do For penn state. Pitt's season will be an absolute disaster when they lose to penn state

The only top 20 team Pitt plays #2 Clemson. PSU plays #6 OSU, #7 UM, #12 MSU, and #17 Iowa.

Pitt does play Ok St & NC that are just outside the top 20 but I expect them to win more than 6 games based on their schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT