ADVERTISEMENT

Hackenberg playing for the Jets.

Approaching halftime, Hackenberg is 9-13 for just 63 yards. No touchdowns, no interceptions. Rating 80.0.

Are the Jets letting him actually throw downfield?

At the half, Hackenberg is 11-15 for 70 yards, no touchdowns, no interceptions, 82.6 rating.

17-24 119 yrd fumbles ball on a nice drive. Next jets possession with 1:00 left in 3rd quarter Bryce petty in at QB

I listened to the game on Sirius XM (couldn't get it on TV). It sounded like he had a solid night. He hit a bunch of shorter type passes and converted on a couple of third and longs. The commentators said he was decisive with the ball (getting it out quick, etc.) and seemed comfortable. Something positive to build off of for him and hopefully get the NY media off his back.

Reactions: step.eng69
I listened to the game on Sirius XM (couldn't get it on TV). It sounded like he had a solid night. He hit a bunch of shorter type passes and converted on a couple of third and longs. The commentators said he was decisive with the ball (getting it out quick, etc.) and seemed comfortable. Something positive to build off of for him and hopefully get the NY media off his back.

He looked very good. Very accurate on short throws. The offense is west coast, so a ton of short throws. He had a lot of zip on the ball.

Two easy drops as well. Solid not spectacular. But a huge step forward for him that he can hopefully build upon.

They really didn't ask hack to do anything difficult. But he did everything asked of him. His WRs dropped 2 perfect passes in the first half.

Now if they'd just get him some time with the 1st string offense. Jets are awful.

According to the blog www.profootballtalk.com he didn't play all that well

I swear since they sold out to NBC the blog takes money from agents to promote their players over other players
I swear Florio takes money from the union his thing about Kap is over the top

Reactions: BBrown
Looked very Hackenberg like to me. Fumbled snaps, late getting team out of huddle, deep passes thrown 6 yards out of bounds, sacked a lot

Looked very Hackenberg like to me. Fumbled snaps, late getting team out of huddle, deep passes thrown 6 yards out of bounds, sacked a lot

Yes, sacked a lot. Once

How many fumbled snaps? I heard about one fumble.

As for late getting out of the huddle, did the Jets have to burn timeouts? How late in the play clock did he get out of the huddle?

How many deep incomplete passes were thrown six yards out of bounds? He had a high completion percentage last night.

Hack did better than expected considering the anti hype against him and the crappy 2ND team offensive line he had to play with

Thanks. I only followed the box score on espn.com last night. There is always going to be some :eek: around here with Hackenberg.

ONE sack, when the OL "simulated" the PSU OL. Deep pass was a trow away. Fumbled snap was the center snapping the ball on the WRONG count.
Do you know ANYTHING about football at all ????

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
How many fumbled snaps? I heard about one fumble.

As for late getting out of the huddle, did the Jets have to burn timeouts? How late in the play clock did he get out of the huddle?

How many deep incomplete passes were thrown six yards out of bounds? He had a high completion percentage last night.

Just 1 fumbled snap. He was pulled after. He was very Hackenberg like. Will never start in the NFL for an entire year.

ONE sack, when the OL "simulated" the PSU OL. Deep pass was a trow away. Fumbled snap was the center snapping the ball on the WRONG count.
Do you know ANYTHING about football at all ????

Sounds like the same excuses you made for him when he was Penn States qb.

Did you watch the game, be honest. Because if you did you would have a different opinion (or maybe not) :) Actually his outs were way better than when he played at PSU (OL gave him just enough time).
I do not know IF he will "make it" but in THIS game he played very well.

According to the blog www.profootballtalk.com he didn't play all that well

I swear since they sold out to NBC the blog takes money from agents to promote their players over other players
I swear Florio takes money from the union his thing about Kap is over the top

I used to love PFT & Florio. Now I can't stand him and I rarely go there anymore. He is so opinionated and so obnoxious about it. Sometimes I agree with his opinions and sometimes I don't but all the time I can't stand how he expresses himself. He's just an a-hole. And he's a sh**-stirrer too. Anytime anyone anywhere does or says anything that can possibly be twisted into a scandal or a fight he tries to do it. It's no surprise that before he did PFT he was a lawyer.

Hackenberg will have a four year NFL career. The final two years will involve lots of bouncing around between teams. Maybe a little longer since QBs are always in demand.

Hackenberg will have a four year NFL career. The final two years will involve lots of bouncing around between teams. Maybe a little longer since QBs are always in demand.

Four years of OUTRAGE. :eek: . Unless you're wrong.

Four years of OUTRAGE. :eek: . Unless you're wrong.
The QBs who last for a long time are the ones like Roethlisberger who come into the league and have a feel for it immediately. Like in year one. Many do not have it and I'm not sure it is teachable. I think that position I the NFL requires some kind of mental gift to process a specific type of information much faster than a normal human. That and a quick release and good fundamentals with feet. Im not sure any other attributes are important at all.

I used to love PFT & Florio. Now I can't stand him and I rarely go there anymore. He is so opinionated and so obnoxious about it. Sometimes I agree with his opinions and sometimes I don't but all the time I can't stand how he expresses himself. He's just an a-hole. And he's a sh**-stirrer too. Anytime anyone anywhere does or says anything that can possibly be twisted into a scandal or a fight he tries to do it. It's no surprise that before he did PFT he was a lawyer.
Lawyer and from WV!!! You know how those guys are!!!
I swear he's a shill for the union

You sort of come across(at least online) as a know it all who knows literally zero.

You can't even get facts straight. Don't even bother with concrete numbers. Just make them up. It's not like there is box scores.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT