ADVERTISEMENT

Gruden is done

SLion

May 29, 2001
Racist emails found by org and fired tonight. Career over.

Lets look through your email, social media posts, tweets, etc. and see how perfect you are. These are private conversations that were leaked to the media. I have a problem with that.

I don’t know how or why the e-mail messages surfaced, but they did. Once they did, there’s no going back and no ignoring what he wrote, for seven years.

I don’t know how or why the e-mail messages surfaced, but they did. Once they did, there’s no going back and no ignoring what he wrote, for seven years.
They were investigating WFT for what the owner was doing. Bruce Allen as GM was part of the investigation, that’s who Gruden was emailing

Reactions: BobPSU92
I wouldn't doubt the Raiders were the ones who leaked it. 10 years for $100 million for mediocrity?
Well… could be. But they are playing well with a new stadium and flush with cash. And, he clearly did and said those things. No brainier

I won't state an opinion on whether he deserved to be fired or not, but in this current climate, he was always going to be gone.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
Racist emails found by org and fired tonight. Career over.
In this day and age that is what happens. That said, perhaps the gov't should give a huge contract to Google or someone to do an comprehensive email check. All the emails of politicians, media personalities etc. should be scrutinized. Once that is done, let the firing and cancelling begin.

In this day and age that is what happens. That said, perhaps the gov't should give a huge contract to Google or someone to do an comprehensive email check. All the emails of politicians, media personalities etc. should be scrutinized. Once that is done, let the firing and cancelling begin.
Nobody is actively searching out these kinds of things. Stupid people are stupid enough to say/do things that are easily discoverable.

its bullshit

Reactions: NoBareFeet
You have to think that Urban is next on the list to be fired.

We all know there is more bad stuff in his closet.

I really hope the old white guys in here calling this “cancel culture” are just being boomers and haven’t read the emails yet. It doesn’t get any more racist than what he sent, and it’s embarrassing that anyone would defend it. You’d have to be racist. Oh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT