ADVERTISEMENT

Great WSJ Article on Regional Pizza Styles...

I move from the NorthEast about 20 years ago. Outside of cheesesteaks, Pizza is the other food that the rest of the country just cant make properly. I was raised on greasy NEPA pizza and nothing else tastes right. Some great little hole in the wall , mom and pop pizza joints in NEPA. Nino's was a mainstay for us in HS because the owners daughter went to school with us. I enjoyed Brothers in State college back in the day. I stopped in while in town a few years ago and it just wasn't as good as I remembered.
The owner of Brother’s retired a couple of years ago and apparently sold the business. I call it BINO pizza. Brothers In Name Only. No more Stromboli’s, which was a staple for us after we closed down the bars when I was a student (along with the long defunct Pedro’s).

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
The owner of Brother’s retired a couple of years ago and apparently sold the business. I call it BINO pizza. Brothers In Name Only. No more Stromboli’s, which was a staple for us after we closed down the bars when I was a student (along with the long defunct Pedro’s).
Any reference to Pedro’s gets a like from me! Remember the “Bite my Burrito” and “Tickle my Taco” T-Shirts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT