ADVERTISEMENT

Great Fathers Day and Birthday gift from my grandsons

who are 14 year old twins. Saved up their lawnmowing money, and bought the family tickets for the Akron. Very generous of them. All 6 of us are going, the twins, their Mom and Dad, and Papa and Cupcake. Love those boys
Congratulations! I still remember the first Penn State game that my dad took me to!

Reactions: LionJim
Still remember my first PSU game. My parents (who met at Penn State) took me and my sister to a game in the early 1970s. It was definitely against Army, but I'm not sure if it was 1971 or 1973. My dad could never confirm which year when I asked many years later. The Beav still had the track and no seats in the south end-zone. I was completely hooked at that point, but wasn't in that stadium again until my freshman year (81).

Have a great time and make lots of memories with the family!

These memories last. The day before he died by father spoke of seeing at the Palestra the 1971 Western Kentucky-LaSalle game where Kenny Durrett scored 45, his greatest game.
Very nice, Jim. That was the same great Western Kentucky team with Jim McDaniels that Villanova beat in the 1971 NCAA semis after they had beaten

Walleye,
That may be one of the best posts I have ever read here. I really like hearing about young men and women doing things like this that surprise everyone. Spending their money on family to do a family outing that everyone will enjoy.
Our youth are not as self-centered and computer-game-attached as people think.
:)
Enjoy your day!!

OL

Reactions: bytir
who are 14 year old twins. Saved up their lawnmowing money, and bought the family tickets for the Akron. Very generous of them. All 6 of us are going, the twins, their Mom and Dad, and Papa and Cupcake. Love those boys
Awesome. A couple of years ago for my 50th birthday my wife got me tickets for the Michigan game for me and my kids to go. It was an awesome experience and even though both my kids go to a different college, they loved it and saw that it was a whole different world than a college game at their university. I will remember that day forever and I will always be grateful to my wife for that gift.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT