Great Day to be a Vet of the Cold War

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
Is that what I did? Really? I specifically stated, and I quote, "Biden is in a no win situation." You aligned yourself with a clueless moron, that's nothing but a troll.

Are you really calling someone else a “clueless moron”? Of all people, you really need to check yourself before you start spouting things like that.

Reactions: NJPSU

pioneerlion83

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
SouthernMD, by way of NJ and PSU
None of this has anything to do with Trump. Why do you even bring him up?
C'mon Hotshoe. Trump's aversion of NATO, and lack of support for Ukraine's bid for NATO membership throughout his four years as POTUS set the stage for Putin to do something provocative. If you can't concede his actions contributed to what has happened in Ukraine since Yanukovych left power in 2014, then I'm questioning your assessment and knowledge of area and the politics. Trump's anti-Ukraine actions from 2016 to 2020 put Ukraine's Partnership Plan on hold, which allowed Putin to build up his army and move/mass forces surrounding Ukraine. Trump did put the brakes on Ukraine membership in NATO, that much is not in dispute, so yes, this has lots to do with Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: psuted and NJPSU

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
You're one of the biggest jokes on this board. I owned you today regarding the electoral college. You're nothing but a liar.

I didn’t look at any messages from you today. If you think you “owned me”, you really are pathetic.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
C'mon Hotshoe. Trump's aversion of NATO, and lack of support for Ukraine's bid for NATO membership throughout his four years as POTUS set the stage for Putin to do something provocative. If you can't concede his actions contributed to what has happened in Ukraine since Yanukovych left power in 2014, then I'm questioning your assessment and knowledge of area and the politics. Trump's anti-Ukraine actions from 2016 to 2020 put Ukraine's Partnership Plan on hold, which allowed Putin to build up his army and move/mass forces surrounding Ukraine. Trump did put the brakes on Ukraine membership in NATO, that much is not in dispute, so yes, this has lots to do with Trump.
Are you serious? Why did Putin do nothing the 4 years Trump was in office. He's not the President. NATO needed to pay their dues, we are not their keepers. I cannot believe, as an educated person, yiu are this disingenuous. Biden is President. He started this nonsense because he has always been wrong on foreign policy. He made a fking debacle of Afghanistan. No one believes him. He sent Kamala overseas. You cannot be this GD stupid for a fking party.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
I'll take a time when you stop being a vile disgusting racist piece of shit garbage brownshirt fascist traitor....

LMFAO... you clowns...............

A fascist is a conservative
A traitor is someone that tries to overthrow our government
A racist is someone who is prejudice and antagonistic towards a minority

Does this ring a bell?

It should

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Are you serious? Why did Putin do nothing the 4 years Trump was in office. He's not the President. NATO needed to pay their dues, we are not their keepers. I cannot believe, as an educated person, yiu are this disingenuous. Biden is President. He started this nonsense because he has always been wrong on foreign policy. He made a fking debacle of Afghanistan. No one believes him. He sent Kamala overseas. You cannot be this GD stupid for a fking party.
You offered nothing in that rambling mess.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Does this ring a bell?

It should

Yes, it rings a bell.

It reminds me of you. A racist, vile, traitor, bigot, brownshirt, fascist, disgusting prick.

Any other questions?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008
I’d take a step back for a minute. I’ve been very anti-US regime on this one because we’re run by a bunch of greedy corrupt hacks.

But also, I think this is a lot of bluster about nothing. A giant show to make it look like it’s more than it really is. The reality on the ground was that Russia already controlled these areas and has for years, even if it was disputed. They are areas that are welcoming to Russia as well because most are ethnically Russian anyway and the Ukrainians aren’t exactly saints to them.

There is a world in which this is just bluster to make it look like Russia is still important and is a warning to not advance NATO any further.

Bottom line though, this is not “the invasion”. It’s not “sacking Kiev”. It’s two pro-Russian areas effectively making it official with Russia and Russia telling Ukraine to back out.

This is not 1938. In fact it’s really no different than Kosovo. It’s media hype (which serves both Russian and US interests) that’s making you feel this way.
You are knocking it out of the park on this topic tonight! It is amazing to me that many of these posters hate the corporate media machine, hate its sensationalism of the pandemic, and yet are totally cool if it leads them into pointless war. This is all nonsense.

We_Are

May 29, 2001

Does this ring a bell?

It should

You need a new dictionary sunshine...lulz

Fascist...A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, a capitalist economy subject to stringent governmental controls, violent suppression of the opposition...See Canada for example

Traitor...One who betrays one's country, a cause, or a trust, especially one who commits treason...see Russia Collusion Hoax for example

Racist...The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others...That one pretty much speaks for itself these days...lulz

Last edited:
Reactions: m.knox

pioneerlion83

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
This has nothing to do with party. This has everything to do with policy and actions; actions and policy that severely deviated in 2016 under Trump. This didn't start on Biden's watch. I'll agree that sending Kamala makes no sense. And, this has nothing to do with Afghanistan, no matter how angry you are about how that ended.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
This has nothing to do with party. This has everything to do with policy and actions; actions and policy that severely deviated in 2016 under Trump. This didn't start on Biden's watch. I'll agree that sending Kamala makes no sense. And, this has nothing to do with Afghanistan, no matter how angry you are about how that ended.
You should stop because you're absolutely clueless regarding Putin. None of this started in 2016. Yes, Afghanistan absolutely showed what a sh&t show Biden is. Stop lying for your gd party. It's unbecoming.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003

@pioneerlion83 is 100% right here.

Trump 100% set the stage for this…

• Haha
Reactions: psuted and NJPSU

We_Are

May 29, 2001
Seriously, go take a time out. Go drink a Red Bull or a Pabst, whatever you do to calm the F down.
Wow...seems like some projection is going on here Sunshine...What does calm Brad the "F" down...inquiring minds need to know?

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Hmmm.... What about the policy that helped women, minorities and the poor get ahead under Trump????

lol.....

pioneerlion83

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
You should stop because you're absolutely clueless regarding Putin. None of this started in 2016. Yes, Afghanistan absolutely showed what a sh&t show Biden is. Stop lying for your gd party. It's unbecoming.
Your hatred of Dems has now completely clouded your discussion here. I am not trying to promote Biden, and certainly not Kamala. This didn't start under Biden, and this isn't about Afghanistan pullout (which also didn't start under Biden). But if you believe that all this did, then you're just wrong. Like a lot of things geo-politically, Ukraine's situation has had a lot of contributing factors and shared responsibility; a lot of grey area. Its not all black and white, and not one person or one administration's fault.

Last edited:

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
You have to admit that you sounded like a drama Queen with your over the top reaction to today’s news.

He has every right and justification to feel like he does as the political buffoons and ideology you so idolize and pursue creates destructive policies and actions that are exceptionally counterproductive and dangerous to the national interest of this country.

Reactions: Hotshoe

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
We talked about Afghanistan in real time , their take is ridiculous.

Reactions: Hotshoe

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
We talked about Afghanistan in real time , their take is ridiculous.
It's comical. I'm totally honest regarding Biden in this situation. He really has nothing he can do, but sanctions. That said, he looks weak and that's just a fact. He's weak minded, weak in body, and weak by his past actions. No one in the world looks at Biden and sees strength. Just like no one in the world looked at Trump and saw an honorable and decent man.

Biden made two huge mistakes. The debacle that is Afghanistan, and his statement regarding Putin invading Ukraine. Well, then there's approving Nord Stream II and shutting down our own pipelines.