Great Day to be a Vet of the Cold War

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
And you're in complete denial as to what a turd of a President Trump was, especially in foreign policy, and the lasting effects of his incompetence...but that's to be expected from you.

lol. Biden is President now, sorry to say. You libtards need to accept that.

Reactions: Hotshoe

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Good lord Hotshoe settle down you are gonna bust a blood vessel. The guy made a crazy over the top statement and I called him on it. Don’t be a drama Queen.
Hey jack**s you never fought for something so STFU. Why do you think vets commit suicide, just STFU

Reactions: Hotshoe

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
He's a "researcher", go easy on him... 🤣
Yeah, why don't you go easy on me. You support an absolute ignorant fool. I do what I do. Do I mock what you do? No, never. Never will. I worked my ass off to do what I do and mock no one regarding their livelihood. Give me your historical credentials. You supported an ignorant fool that doesn't have a fking clue about anything. Like you, neither of you have ever studied or even knew what the Dunbas region is.

Reactions: TFBaum

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
You asked and I replied. And, I seriously doubt you understand squatola w.r.t. Europe, Ukraine, and Russia.
You are right I was never educated during my time in the 2nd Fleet about those areas. Or Europe or NATO. I am assuming you are probably a bow tie wearing professor who never gone into harms way. I never asked you for you white wine Brie eating opinion. Please tell me you are a college professor.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
You are right I was never educated during my time in the 2nd Fleet about those areas. Or Europe or NATO. I am assuming you are probably a bow tie wearing professor who never gone into harms way.
I can assure you, he's a far better person than his posts here.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Yeah, why don't you go easy on me. You support an absolute ignorant fool. I do what I do. Do I mock what you do? No, never. Never will. I worked my ass off to do what I do and mock no one regarding their livelihood. Give me your historical credentials. You supported an ignorant fool that doesn't have a fking clue about anything. Like you, neither of you have ever studied or even knew what the Dunbas region is.
I am really sick of the ‘educated” class. I have a friend in Nebraska that can build large barns by himself and understands leverage and other abilities to move and build better then engineers.

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
My father fought in WW2 Patton’s 3rd Army 4th Amour Division 75th Regiment I tell you this because when the wall fell he felt like it was finally the end of WW2. Today I feel like I served for no reason. Neville Chamberlain Award goes to President Biden.
I’d take a step back for a minute. I’ve been very anti-US regime on this one because we’re run by a bunch of greedy corrupt hacks.

But also, I think this is a lot of bluster about nothing. A giant show to make it look like it’s more than it really is. The reality on the ground was that Russia already controlled these areas and has for years, even if it was disputed. They are areas that are welcoming to Russia as well because most are ethnically Russian anyway and the Ukrainians aren’t exactly saints to them.

There is a world in which this is just bluster to make it look like Russia is still important and is a warning to not advance NATO any further.

Bottom line though, this is not “the invasion”. It’s not “sacking Kiev”. It’s two pro-Russian areas effectively making it official with Russia and Russia telling Ukraine to back out.

This is not 1938. In fact it’s really no different than Kosovo. It’s media hype (which serves both Russian and US interests) that’s making you feel this way.

Reactions: LMTLION and NJPSU

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Hey jack**s you never fought for something so STFU. Why do you think vets commit suicide, just STFU
WTF…what does Vets and suicide have to do with anything I wrote? You are one wacky dude.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
What a wack job.

Russia is having a skirmish in two small areas of Ukraine and this makes TFBaum announce this his service in the United States Military no longer has reason.

You people really are nuts. Fascinating in some ways, but stone cold nuts.

And bicycle helmets are racist..............

Tell me again who is nuts? LMFAO..... You really do have so little self awareness.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
WTF…what does Vets and suicide have to do with anything I wrote? You are one wacky dude.
Okay stupid I will explain. You serve you are ask to make sacrifices you make them you hope they make a difference. You struggle with why did I do it. But you are to stupid to understand that because you never committed to something. Go away.

Reactions: m.knox

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Okay stupid I will explain. You serve you are ask to make sacrifices you make them you hope they make a difference. You struggle with why did I do it. But you are to stupid to understand that because you never committed to something. Go away.
Well I hope if you are having suicidal thoughts over todays events that you seek help.

We_Are

May 29, 2001
Well you are one who said all of that has no meaning or purpose or whatever simply because Putin went into a tiny part of Ukraine. You said it, not me.
Dear Neville ...I mean Glenda...Why would we worry because Germany went into a tiny part of Czechoslovakia... I mean Putin went into an another "tiny" part of Ukraine...

The irony Sunshine, is that he had to wait 5 years for another snowflake POTUS...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LMTLION and m.knox

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
1) Thank you for your service.

2) The last decade or so must have been absolutely gut wrenching to watch. No WMDs in Iraq. Afghanistan gets exposed for being nothing but an excuse to blow money on defense contractors at the expense of the lives of American young men. And then that same machine wants to do it again with Ukraine/Russia now. It’s sickening.

Reactions: LMTLION

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Well I hope if you are having suicidal thoughts over todays events that you seek help.
I will make this post non name calling. I am not I am depressed about the Russian invasion. I stood a thin red line for freedom. I deal with many vets that are struggling with return into civilian life. They are special forces individuals . One gentleman who is probably one of the world’s greatest killers and all he wants to do is open a hardware store and is scared to fail. To you that is not a emotion that you probably ever felt because (and I don’t mean this as an insult) you never went through special forces training and schools. We have a number of women who went deep under that went to sleep for months with side arms under their pillow. As for the men that served under me, dealing with someone who’s wife just asked for a divorce and we are underwater for 90 days. I get you like to stir the pot, this isn’t one you should stir.

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
Dear Neville ...I mean Glenda...Why would we worry because Germany went into a tiny part of Czechoslovakia... I mean Putin went into a small part of Ukraine...after all they're on protecting the heritage of their citizens....

It's ironic he had to wait 5 years to get another snowflake POTUS...
I understand it’s appealing to blame this on Biden being weak, and there’s no doubt that he is. But this really isn’t about Biden. It’s about US policy toward Russia for the last 30 years. A policy of antagonism and encroachment. Russia is backed into a corner and the US keeps moving their reach of vassal states further into the former Soviet states. I mean heck, Russia asked to become part of NATO in 99 or so.

He didn’t do this under Trump…well except he continued the same civil war that’s been going on since 2014. But the outright rhetoric (which is really all that’s different today) wasn’t there because Trump made it clear that his focus was domestic, not foreign and that the only reason he was arming Ukraine was because it was good for business and made him look strong.

Russia is weak. They’re operating from a position of weakness. In fact, I suspect they’re mostly done with other parts of Ukraine for now, and you’ll likely see them try to exert influence elsewhere like Syria next. Russia cannot occupy a country. It doesn’t have the resources either economically or demographically to do so. But it can slap around the US (while the US is playing with house money) and take over some regions it already culturally and militarily controlled anyway.

BicyclePete

May 29, 2001
My father chased Erwin Rommel in N Africa, caught maleria, then in a US military hospital. Went back in, D Day +1, at Saint Lo France, all the way to Berlin. 1946 with occupation forces in France. He unfortunately, never saw the wall fall. Passed away when I was 17. Hats off to your dad. The greatest of generations!
My father was a tailgunner in a B-25 in the Pacific theatre. As a Marine he was PISSED when I joined the Air Force.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
1) Thank you for your service.

2) The last decade or so must have been absolutely gut wrenching to watch. No WMDs in Iraq. Afghanistan gets exposed for being nothing but an excuse to blow money on defense contractors at the expense of the lives of American young men. And then that same machine wants to do it again with Ukraine/Russia now. It’s sickening.
Please don’t thank me we all serve this great country. And I was in NYC on 9/11 my daughter had just been born that February, my son celebrated his second birthday in August. I purposely never married when I was in the Navy because I wasn’t leaving orphans and a widow. Anyway, I got the letter to report. I did and they found out I was worthless by that point. The 5th SF out of Campbell won the Afghanistan war and Iraq was a disaster

We_Are

May 29, 2001
I understand it’s appealing to blame this on Biden being weak, and there’s no doubt that he is. But this really isn’t about Biden. It’s about US policy toward Russia for the last 30 years. A policy of antagonism and encroachment. Russia is backed into a corner and the US keeps moving their reach of vassal states further into the former Soviet states. I mean heck, Russia asked to become part of NATO in 99 or so.

He didn’t do this under Trump…well except he continued the same civil war that’s been going on since 2014. But the outright rhetoric (which is really all that’s different today) wasn’t there because Trump made it clear that his focus was domestic, not foreign and that the only reason he was arming Ukraine was because it was good for business and made him look strong.

Russia is weak. They’re operating from a position of weakness. In fact, I suspect they’re mostly done with other parts of Ukraine for now, and you’ll likely see them try to exert influence elsewhere like Syria next. Russia cannot occupy a country. It doesn’t have the resources either economically or demographically to do so. But it can slap around the US (while the US is playing with house money) and take over some regions it already culturally and militarily controlled anyway.
Funny, I don't remember Trump's, Secretary of State giving Putin a "Reset" button...

Fact is, this is about Putin testing the water...and it seems really warm with Russian Gas heating Europe and Brandon as POTUS...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski and TFBaum

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020

We holiday in the Baltics. Putin wants to reform the Soviet States. He has clearly stated that.

Reactions: pioneerlion83

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Funny, I don't remember Trump's, Secretary of State giving Putin a "Reset" button...

Fact is, this is about Putin testing the waters...and it seems really warm with Russian Gas heating Europe and Brandon as POTUS...
He wants the Baltics and we holiday in the Baltics great people.

Reactions: pioneerlion83

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
My father fought in WW2 Patton’s 3rd Army 4th Amour Division 75th Regiment I tell you this because when the wall fell he felt like it was finally the end of WW2. Today I feel like I served for no reason. Neville Chamberlain Award goes to President Biden.
Idiot

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
I am assuming you tried to be a Cub Scout have you ever stood the thin red line? Probably not you are a jack wagon for someone who never service to tell me how I should feel about what is occurring. Screw off
Please stop , you embarrass yourself and your service:

Reactions: NJPSU

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
I’d take a step back for a minute. I’ve been very anti-US regime on this one because we’re run by a bunch of greedy corrupt hacks.

But also, I think this is a lot of bluster about nothing. A giant show to make it look like it’s more than it really is. The reality on the ground was that Russia already controlled these areas and has for years, even if it was disputed. They are areas that are welcoming to Russia as well because most are ethnically Russian anyway and the Ukrainians aren’t exactly saints to them.

There is a world in which this is just bluster to make it look like Russia is still important and is a warning to not advance NATO any further.

Bottom line though, this is not “the invasion”. It’s not “sacking Kiev”. It’s two pro-Russian areas effectively making it official with Russia and Russia telling Ukraine to back out.

This is not 1938. In fact it’s really no different than Kosovo. It’s media hype (which serves both Russian and US interests) that’s making you feel this way.
I hear what you are saying and I understand you POV. The borders of many Europeans countries had an ebb and flow. Ethic Identity do small regional European regions is very different then here in the great USA. With that said Ukraine had defined borders. What do you do when Russia decides that eastern Latvia is invaded?

pioneerlion83

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
SouthernMD, by way of NJ and PSU
You are right I was never educated during my time in the 2nd Fleet about those areas. Or Europe or NATO. I am assuming you are probably a bow tie wearing professor who never gone into harms way. I never asked you for you white wine Brie eating opinion. Please tell me you are a college professor.
Nah. Not a professor. You think I'm a Tom Nichols clone?

Steve G

May 29, 2001
what did the United States and or NATO due in 1956 when Russia invaded Hungary and again in 1968 during the Prague Spring when they invaded Czechoslovakia? Those occurred during g the actual Cold War. What was the US response?

Reactions: TFBaum

We_Are

May 29, 2001
what did the United States and or NATO due in 1956 when Russia invaded Hungary and again in 1968 during the Prague Spring when they invaded Czechoslovakia? Those occurred during g the actual Cold War. What was the US response?
Well Steven, I'm pretty sure we all know what the USA did (past tense of do according to officer friendly of the snowflake grammar police...lulz) in the 1980's to end it...now don't we...Sunshine.

Last edited: