ADVERTISEMENT

Good news for USMNT (fussball)

with all the injury stoppages for Honduras, and all their fouls, it's been hard for the US to maintain any type of pace.

US with too many unforced errors on passes, which has also killed their tempo.

The USA team has some nice pieces with which to work. Reyna did a nice job, but got fouled a lot.

GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Reactions: Alphabets
Great run from Aaronson to pull the defender with him and leave Siebatcheu free for the goal.

Game was ugly as I expected...lots of fouls and time wasting. But Honduras came at us more than I expected. We got stretched too thin in the back a few times and Brooks was forced to defend 1v1 in space which isn’t his strength.

All in all, I’d say 1-0 was a just result.

Will be a weird feeling watching the second game. I always love Mexico losing, but I’d like a shot at them on Sunday. I expect Mexico to get the job done, as Costa Rica is on the downside of their run and they don’t have Navas to save them.

Mexico-CR heading to PKs...Mexico was the better team, but a relatively uneventful game (refs started to lose control late).

Mexico it is...looking forward to Sunday. With the weaker squad I’m expecting us to send to the Gold Cup, this will be our best measuring stick until the World Cup Qualifiers.

Reactions: Alphabets
Mexico it is...looking forward to Sunday. With the weaker squad I’m expecting us to send to the Gold Cup, this will be our best measuring stick until the World Cup Qualifiers.
I couldn't find the game anywhere on TV so I gave up. What network was it on?

I couldn't find the game anywhere on TV so I gave up. What network was it on?
If you mean the US game, it was on CBS Sports Network.

If you mean the Mexico/Costa Rica game, the English broadcast was only online on Paramount+

If you mean the US game, it was on CBS Sports Network.

If you mean the Mexico/Costa Rica game, the English broadcast was only online on Paramount+
I meant the Mex game. I watched the US game and then couldn't find the Mex game! I have paramount + as well and looked for it on there! When you say "only online" do you mean I could only see it through the Paramount+ website? I was trying to find through the P+ app on Roku. I think I may have just overlooked it :(

Honduras just took the lead, 2-1 in the early game...Costa Rica scored in about the 8th minute, but Honduras has been the better team since then and finally took the lead. Costa Rica really looks a step slower, they got old.

edit - and Costa Rica evens it up in the 85th.

It is really ugly in Mexico. Fans are literally pelting players with cups, bottles etc. hit a US player after the goal and the. Just nailed a Mexican player a second ago.

It is really ugly in Mexico. Fans are literally pelting players with cups, bottles etc. hit a US player after the goal and the. Just nailed a Mexican player a second ago.
Except it’s in Denver. I must confess, given the amount of abuse the USMNT players were receiving, I thought it was in Mexico too, until I looked it up.

• Wow
Reactions: hlstone
What a shame our fan support was so badly dwarfed by Mexico In our own country.

What a shame our fan support was so badly dwarfed by Mexico In our own country.
It looked like the majority of the USA supporters were behind the goal to the right, that's were the team went to celebrate after the match. What's up with that?

It looked like the majority of the USA supporters were behind the goal to the right, that's were the team went to celebrate after the match. What's up with that?
That’s the American Outlaws section...

I've got to say as a casual soccer fan last night's match was among the best I've ever seen. It's too bad it had horrible TV coverage, depriving many in the US from seeing it.
I’m not sure how widely available CBSSN is (I’ve had it for at least a decade and it’s on a relatively basic tier of Directv). But I found the coverage itself to be really good with the amount of time they dedicated to pre and post game shows, and the crew they’ve put together. I’m glad they’ll have 6 of our 14 qualifiers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT