ADVERTISEMENT

Good game Lions! You have a bright future with the young talent

I'm not being rude to you, I know you got in a few pissing matches this week and I take no honor in kicking you after that game, but honestly, that was the worst 3 quarters of football I've seen our team play in a long time, and I'm stunned your team couldn't win that game. You had me believe they were compentant, which is all it would take.

I'm not being rude to you, I know you got in a few pissing matches this week and I take no honor in kicking you after that game, but honestly, that was the worst 3 quarters of football I've seen our team play in a long time, and I'm stunned your team couldn't win that game. You had me believe they were compentant, which is all it would take.
But the Big West is as good as the East, or so we’ve been told.

Reactions: ram2020
Stanley had a bad day. Don't forget the overthrow for an easy TD (for AWS).

Stanley didn't play well, six offensive points? But 2 safeties and a pick six in one half? I'd have expected Iowa to have led by 14 minimum.

Very surprising game, played in the rain and wind so some of the QB play is out of their hands so to say. Both were hurt for part of the game. Both defenses surrendered over 300 yards to their opposing offenses. A very odd game for sure.

Thanks for stopping by, its been good. Come back next time around. Or drop by the Wrestling Room for the match this year or do we meet this year? If not I surely don't understand why, what an epic it would be.

Stanley didn't play well, six offensive points? But 2 safeties and a pick six in one half? I'd have expected Iowa to have led by 14 minimum.

Very surprising game, played in the rain and wind so some of the QB play is out of their hands so to say. Both were hurt for part of the game. Both defenses surrendered over 300 yards to their opposing offenses. A very odd game for sure.

Thanks for stopping by, its been good. Come back next time around. Or drop by the Wrestling Room for the match this year or do we meet this year? If not I surely don't understand why, what an epic it would be.

Agrre Carl. Thanks for the hospitality. Not a huge wrestling fan, but will be back next year.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Last year and now this year have been tough games, close games! Best of luck to this stout Iowa team and its fans.

Thanks, will be rooting for Iowa the rest of the year. I was pleasantly surprised to see PSU's DL play so well against a good Iowa OL -- and their pressure was probably the reason Stanley had a bad day. He had a lot of pressure in the backfield early so in the 2nd half he was rushing his throws, just got flustered. He's a young QB, you're going to have days like that, but he's got a bright future. The whole Iowa team has a bright future - they're only going to get better.

I'm not crazy about coaching nepotism, but Brian Ferentz is doing a lot of good work. That Iowa offense is clearly a work in progress but it's going to be much more interesting and dangerous (and hard to predict) than it ever was. Plus a more sophisticated passing game will help Iowa recruit receivers which it desperately needs.

McSorley, the senior, had almost as bad a day as Stanley (and again, the pressure from Iowa DL had a lot to do with it). McSorley has really lost his accuracy and at times his composure this season -- just one of those things. If he was reasonably accurate today, didn't mess up the exchange to cause that fumble at the Iowa 10, didn't throw the pick-six, which was a terrible decision, PSU would have actually won this game pretty securely, which is amazing to me because I really thought Iowa was the better team going in.

Thanks, will be rooting for Iowa the rest of the year. I was pleasantly surprised to see PSU's DL play so well against a good Iowa OL -- and their pressure was probably the reason Stanley had a bad day. He had a lot of pressure in the backfield early so in the 2nd half he was rushing his throws, just got flustered. He's a young QB, you're going to have days like that, but he's got a bright future. The whole Iowa team has a bright future - they're only going to get better.

I'm not crazy about coaching nepotism, but Brian Ferentz is doing a lot of good work. That Iowa offense is clearly a work in progress but it's going to be much more interesting and dangerous (and hard to predict) than it ever was. Plus a more sophisticated passing game will help Iowa recruit receivers which it desperately needs.

McSorley, the senior, had almost as bad a day as Stanley (and again, the pressure from Iowa DL had a lot to do with it). McSorley has really lost his accuracy and at times his composure this season -- just one of those things. If he was reasonably accurate today, didn't mess up the exchange to cause that fumble at the Iowa 10, didn't throw the pick-six, which was a terrible decision, PSU would have actually won this game pretty securely, which is amazing to me because I really thought Iowa was the better team going in.

Key words of last sentence being "you thought", which has nothing to with reality necessarily.

Stanley had a bad day. Don't forget the overthrow for an easy TD (for AWS).
Don't forget the fumbled exchange between Trace and Sanders for a TD. The momentum shift was pretty obvious at the time, so let's not get carried away. Have a nice day!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT