ADVERTISEMENT

Geno Morelli wins Big Ten Postgraduate Award

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
Congratulations Geno!

Penn State Nittany Lion wrestler Geno Morelli (DuBois, Pa.) and Lindsay Agnew of Ohio State University have been chosen as the 2017 Wayne Duke Postgraduate Award recipients by the Indianapolis Big Ten Community Partnership. The award is an annual scholarship recognizing one male and one female Big Ten senior pursuing a postgraduate degree for achievements in academics, athletics, extracurricular activities and leadership.

Morelli, who transfered to Penn State after two years at Pitt, was an All-ACC Academic Wrestling team member, First-Team National Wrestling All-Academic Winner, named to the Nittany All-Academic Team and a University of Pittsburgh Scholar-Athlete. The senior holds a 3.95 GPA in energy business and finance. Morelli has also been an Academic All-Big Ten selection and Morelli earned a starting position in the Nittany Lion lineup and helped the team to its 2016 NCAA Championship while being ranked as high as No. 10 nationally in his respective weight class.

Morelli is 10-1 this year, including three pins, and will end his collegiate career with a 66-37 career record and eight pins. Morelli is the third Penn Stater to win the honor since its inception in 2008.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/022817aag.html

Congratulations Geno!

Penn State Nittany Lion wrestler Geno Morelli (DuBois, Pa.) and Lindsay Agnew of Ohio State University have been chosen as the 2017 Wayne Duke Postgraduate Award recipients by the Indianapolis Big Ten Community Partnership. The award is an annual scholarship recognizing one male and one female Big Ten senior pursuing a postgraduate degree for achievements in academics, athletics, extracurricular activities and leadership.

Morelli, who transfered to Penn State after two years at Pitt, was an All-ACC Academic Wrestling team member, First-Team National Wrestling All-Academic Winner, named to the Nittany All-Academic Team and a University of Pittsburgh Scholar-Athlete. The senior holds a 3.95 GPA in energy business and finance. Morelli has also been an Academic All-Big Ten selection and Morelli earned a starting position in the Nittany Lion lineup and helped the team to its 2016 NCAA Championship while being ranked as high as No. 10 nationally in his respective weight class.

Morelli is 10-1 this year, including three pins, and will end his collegiate career with a 66-37 career record and eight pins. Morelli is the third Penn Stater to win the honor since its inception in 2008.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/022817aag.html
Congrats, Geno. Can't think of a more deserving young man.

I think this exemplifies something I heard regarding the Army's Delta ( I know officially that unit doesn't exist) selection "they don't always pick the best person but they always pick the right person" I like that and think it applies to Geno and from what I seen something that Cael shoots for.

Serious - Glad to see Geno maximizing his PSU experience.

Snarky - Our awful culture washed the sPitt residue off long ago.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT