ADVERTISEMENT

GAME PLAN: How to beat PITT....

Tactic? I thought you were rational i appear to be incorrect. Those are their stats. So if Villanova was 20th in total defense i would say the same. It is a fact. Go look it up i didnt make it up. Surely you know and understand Kent State is better than FBS Nova?

Fan,

you are being a bit silly with the kent state thing. Look what the stats say about their defense i am not making them up. 27th nationally in yards allowed a game. 8 guys back so i expect that to be a decent defense for psu to see week one. Don't be irrational like a ton of others here.
I think claiming that Kent state is going to be tough after they won one game since mid October is a bit of a stretch. It's Kent state for Christ sake!

Tactic? I thought you were rational i appear to be incorrect. Those are their stats. So if Villanova was 20th in total defense i would say the same. It is a fact. Go look it up i didnt make it up. Surely you know and understand Kent State is better than FBS Nova?
I wouldn't claim that. I would claim they are villinova and if it's not basketball season we are going to clean your clocks.

I agree man not saying it will be a tough game. i believe it is a potential indicator. If PSU can score even dominate on what rankings say was a Top 30 defense with 8 returners for a MAC team then PSU might be in good shape offensively. This is all speculation we will all see Sept. 10th. I am much more interested in rosters, schemes etc than these pissing matches lol.

Reactions: Pafootballfan1
They had no quality wins, every team they beat last year was mediocre at best. Hell, that division had more coaching changes than they did wins I think. Arguably, Penn State had S. Diego State, an 11 win team with a conference championship, which is one more quality win than Pitt had.

PSU's worst loss was also far better than ASWP's worst loss.

Using the Final Coaches Poll, PSU lost to:
  • a 12-win #4 Ranked team (tO$U)
  • a 12-win #6 Ranked team (MSU)
  • a 10-win #11 Ranked team (Michigan)
  • a 10-win #22 Ranked team (Northwestern)
  • a 10-win #24 Ranked team (UGa)
  • a 10-win #31 Ranked team (Temple)
Again using the Final Coaches Poll, ASWP lost to:
  • a 12-win #10 Ranked team (Iowa)
  • a 10-win #12 Ranked team (ND)
  • an 11-win #15 Ranked team (UNC)
  • an 11-win #18 Ranked team (Navy)
  • an 8-win UNRANKED and zero points in Final Coaches Poll Miami-Fl team
PSU also beat 11-win MWC Champion San Diego State University who finished 27th in the Final Coaches Poll with 55 points. ASWP's best win was against three different 8-5 teams.

IOW, that information should clearly tell you that ASWP is simply fortunate that they did not play as many quality, double-digit win teams as PSU did......had they played 7 double-digit win teams in the regular season as PSU did, ASWP's record would likely be 4-8 last year....

Last edited:

PSU also beat 11-win MWC Champion San Diego State University who finished 27th in the Final Coaches Poll with 55 points. ASWP's best win was against three different 8-5 teams.

IOW, that information should clearly tell you that ASWP is simply fortunate that they did not play as many quality, double-digit win teams as PSU did......had they played 7 double-digit win teams in the regular season as PSU did, ASWP's record would likely be 4-8 last year....
I thought we are talking about wins ?

I wouldn't claim that. I would claim they are villinova and if it's not basketball season we are going to clean your clocks.

Yea, just like you cleaned the clock of DI-AA FBS YSU Penguins last year in your opener.....although IN REALITY not so much, as you gave up 37 points to the Penguins and squeaked by them by a single score.

Aside San Diego st, you didn't beat a team with a winning record! How does that not set in? The most wins were 5!

Too funny, ASWP and PSU played 8 and 7 teams respectively with winning records last year during their regular season schedule. PSU's 7 regular-season teams with winning records all had double-digit wins: two 12-win teams, one 11-win team and 4 10-win teams. PSU went 1-6 against regular-season opponents with double-digit wins.

Only three of ASWP's regular-season opponents had double-digit wins: one 12-win team, one 11-win team and one 10-win team. ASWP went 0-3 against regular-season opponents with double-digit wins. ASWP also played four teams that went 8-5 and went 3-1 against mediocre-at-best 8-5 teams. ASWP also played a 7-6 team and beat them. IOW, against quality, double-digit win teams, ASWP went 0-3. Against mediocre-at-best 8-5 and 7-6 teams, ASWP went 4-1 woooohooooo!!!

How does ASWP going 4-1 against a bunch of bad 8-5 and 7-6 teams while going 0-3 against every double-digit win team they played prove that PSU wouldn't have beaten this slop especially when one of PSU's wins is against an 11-win Conference Champion that finished the season ranked #27 in the Final Coaches Poll???

Aside San Diego st, you didn't beat a team with a winning record! How does that not set in? The most wins were 5!

SDSU won the MWC Conference Championship Game, had 11 wins and finished #27 and #29 in poll points of both the major polls and all 6 of PSU's losses were to other quality double-digit win teams. Meanwhile, ASWP beat three 8-5 teams (and lost to an 8-5 team) and a 7-6 team, none of whom were sniffing the Top 25 of the final major polls. Gee, I wonder why ASWP was able to beat 4 of the 8 regular-season teams they played with an above .500 record??? It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that only three of the 8 were actually "quality double-digit win teams" and 5 of the 8 barely had winning records with 5-or-6 losses (and even then ASWP managed to loss to one of them!)......nah, that wouldn't have anything to do with it, LMFAO!

No never heard of them! You're talking like you guys mentioned that 100x :p
Too funny - you play in a sh&t conference and beat no one and you compare that to the Big10 East - please. I hope you enjoy it when we get the second team in before the fourth quarter next month so they don't have a flood of yinzers jumping off bridges after we roll you tools.

Too funny - you play in a sh&t conference and beat no one and you compare that to the Big10 East - please. I hope you enjoy it when we get the second team in before the fourth quarter next month so they don't have a flood of yinzers jumping off bridges after we roll you tools.
You beat one team w a winning record and continue to talk crap!

Amusing, your mid-major equivalent favorite school is 7-21-1 and against PSU (including 3-12-1 in games played in Pittsburgh) over the last 50 football seasons and that doesn't stop you from running your yap, does it now? PSU has absolutely dominated and owned ASWP both in Pittsburgh and @ Beaver Stadium, LMFAO!

Amusing, your mid-major equivalent favorite school is 7-21-1 and against PSU (including 3-12-1 in games played in Pittsburgh) over the last 50 football seasons and that doesn't stop you from running your yap, does it now? PSU has absolutely dominated and owned ASWP both in Pittsburgh and @ Beaver Stadium, LMFAO!
That has no relevance to this topic

ASWP had ZERO quality wins - they lost to every quality double-digit team they played and not only did they not beat a team with less than 5 losses, they LOST to an 8-5 team! The worst team that PSU lost to had 10 wins and PSU beat an 11-3 MWC Champion that was ranked #27 and #29 in both the final major national polls. None of the teams that ASWP beat last year was even remotely sniffing the final polls and not only that, but ASWP lost to an 8-5 team that wasn't sniffing being ranked.

ASWP had ZERO quality wins - they lost to every quality double-digit team they played and not only did they not beat a team with less than 5 losses, they LOST to an 8-5 team! The worst team that PSU lost to had 10 wins and PSU beat an 11-3 MWC Champion that was ranked #27 and #29 in both the final major national polls. None of the teams that ASWP beat last year was even remotely sniffing the final polls and not only that, but ASWP lost to an 8-5 team that wasn't sniffing being ranked.
You beat one team with a winning record! Talk about gimmies! You had 6 inch tap ins playing in a 4 person scramble!
Pitt atleast beat 4 bowl teams.

Lol 4-8? Excluding San Diego state your opponents had a total of 25 wins! That's alittle over 4 wins/team! Totally laughable! Atleast some of our opponents we beat had a headbeat!

You beat one team with a winning record! Talk about gimmies! You had 6 inch tap ins playing in a 4 person scramble!
Pitt atleast beat 4 bowl teams.

Navy just scored again....oh look, the ASWP defender has the best seat in the house:

750x422

That has no relevance to this topic

Yea, PSU just completely DOMINATING ASWP on the field of play regardless of whether they played in Pittsburgh (ASWP is 3-12-1 against PSU in Pittsburgh over last 50 seasons) or Beaver Stadium (ASWP is 4-11 there over span) has "no relevance" to how PSU and the pathetic ASWP PITTiots have fared when they actually have played??? LMFAO at how incredibly lame you pathetic, loudmouth-without-cause ASWP fans are.....

Yea, PSU just completely DOMINATING ASWP on the field of play regardless of whether they played in Pittsburgh (ASWP is 3-12-1 against PSU in Pittsburgh over last 50 seasons) or Beaver Stadium (ASWP is 4-11 there over span) has "no relevance" to how PSU and the pathetic ASWP PITTiots have fared when they actually have played??? LMFAO at how incredibly lame you pathetic, loudmouth-without-cause ASWP fans are.....
penn state has won the majority of the games in the past. Penn state has had better recruiting classes recently. Penn state has more fans and we rarely sell our games out. Oh, and navy dominated us in a bowl game.
Why the need to keep reminding us of that? We are aware of all of that and we accept it. One thing we don't do is make excuses for things like that school in happy valley!:p

Let's talk game plan since this isn't going anywhere...you go first

It will be warm so this is the time to unveil the Morehead offense and gas the defense... Go hurry up. I doubt they show much of the new O vs. Kent.

It will be warm so this is the time to unveil the Morehead offense and gas the defense... Go hurry up. I doubt they show much of the new O vs. Kent.
I agree. Why would they. And Pitt most likely Pitt won't show any sets with Conner split out with whitehead in the backfield either against nova.

Let's talk game plan since this isn't going anywhere...you go first

Talk gameplan??? I don't create the gameplans for PSU - nor does conjecture about them have any real bearing on the actual gameplans used (or outcome of the game). It's about "match-ups", talent-level and depth. PSU's offense will have a decided advantage versus ASWP's defense given ASWP's performance against both GaTech and Navy last year (the two teams they played last year that like to extend the field horizontally and use their QBs as a runner) - Navy ran for 412 yards and produced nearly 600 yards of offense and GaTech ran for 376 yards and produced nearly 500 yards of offense. Advantge PSU's new Read-Option Run/Pass Spread Offense.

On the other side of the ball, ASWP's offense stunk last year against a crappy schedule of opponents (82nd in the nation last year in Total Offense and 68th in nation last year in Scoring Offense) and their Offense is significantly worse this year having lost their best offensive player. Essentially, ASWP won a bunch of crappy games between two proven crappy teams (beat 7-6 VaTech 17-14, beat 4-8 UVa 26-19, beat 4-8 SorryExcuse 23-20, beat 3-9 GaTech by 3, beat 5-6 DI-AA YSU by 8, etc....). ASWP struggled against every even remotely decent defense they played last year and again, this year's Offense is not even as good as last years talent- or depth-wise......Advantage PSU.

Special Teams, Intangibles and Home Field Advantage - ASWP

Talk gameplan??? I don't create the gameplans for PSU - nor does conjecture about them have any real bearing on the actual gameplans used (or outcome of the game). It's about "match-ups", talent-level and depth. PSU's offense will have a decided advantage versus ASWP's defense given ASWP's performance against both GaTech and Navy last year (the two teams they played last year that like to extend the field horizontally and use their QBs as a runner) - Navy ran for 412 yards and produced nearly 600 yards of offense and GaTech ran for 376 yards and produced nearly 500 yards of offense. Advantge PSU's new Read-Option Run/Pass Spread Offense.

On the other side of the ball, ASWP's offense stunk last year against a crappy schedule of opponents (82nd in the nation last year in Total Offense and 68th in nation last year in Scoring Offense) and their Offense is significantly worse this year having lost their best offensive player. Essentially, ASWP won a bunch of crappy games between two proven crappy teams (beat 7-6 VaTech 17-14, beat 4-8 UVa 26-19, beat 4-8 SorryExcuse 23-20, beat 3-9 GaTech by 3, beat 5-6 DI-AA YSU by 8, etc....). ASWP struggled against every even remotely decent defense they played last year and again, this year's Offense is not even as good as last years talent- or depth-wise......Advantage PSU.

Special Teams, Intangibles and Home Field Advantage - ASWP
That's that most biased breakdown I ever read.
Both gtech and navy their qB's got the majority of the carries. If penn state tries this it will be a long day for them as mcsorely isn't half the athlete Reynolds or Thomas was.
And navy did not run a spread, they ran option like gtech. Never did they ever have 4-5 wideouts.
Pitt's depth this year on both side of the ball is the best it's been in a while. What site has been giving you inaccurate info?

This thread is what happens when children play on the internet unsupervised. :confused:
Anytime someone doesn't say what you want them to say on here you get responces like yours. Even if what that person says has truth to it.
I have never said anything negative about PSU just pointed out facts and your having a hissy fit.

Anytime someone doesn't say what you want them to say on here you get responces like yours. Even if what that person says has truth to it.
I have never said anything negative about PSU just pointed out facts and your having a hissy fit.
It has nothing to do with me liking or not liking what you said or there being any truth to what you say. I was referring to both you and Franklin going back and forth in your little pissing match. Don't the two of you have something better to do than try to prove on a football message board who has the bigger #&%$.

That's that most biased breakdown I ever read.
Both gtech and navy their qB's got the majority of the carries. If penn state tries this it will be a long day for them as mcsorely isn't half the athlete Reynolds or Thomas was.
And navy did not run a spread, they ran option like gtech. Never did they ever have 4-5 wideouts.
Pitt's depth this year on both side of the ball is the best it's been in a while. What site has been giving you inaccurate info?

Option spreads the field horizontally moron. BTW, GaTech also runs lots of option. ASWP is unable to defend "quick hitting" offenses that spread the field HORIZONTALLY and your full of $hit that PSU's new Read-Option Spread is not designed to do PRECISELY this.

Yea, "facts" like Wanny signing "a few 5stars" every year......LMFAO, you spouting a bunch of made-up bull$hit doesn't make it "fact" moron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT