ADVERTISEMENT

GAME PLAN: How to beat PITT....

ASWP is a product of the pathetically weak schedule they played last year... Best win is against 8-5 Akron, Louisville or Duke - take your pick, pathetic. 6 in-conference wins against a group of awful ACC teams that went a combined 34-41 - pathetic. 2 OOC wins against a 5-6 DI-AA team (that ASWP barely beat & gave up 37 points to) and an 8-5 also-ran MAC team - again pathetic. Add it all up and you have 8 wins against a group of teams that went a combine 47-52 and none of whom ever sniffed being ranked let alone double-digit wins - again pathetic.

Sum it all up and ASWP was, and is, a product of the truly pathetic schedule they played last year.
It baffles me how you can talk crap on a team when in fact your team was worse.
Penn state had 7 wins. Buffalo, Rutgers, San Diego. St. , Army, Indiana, Maryland, and Illinois. Only 1 of those teams had a winning record; San Diego St. at 11-3. With them into the equation, PSU's opponents were 36-49...PATHETIC. Take away San Diego St., their opponents had a combined record of 25-46...BEYOND PATHETIC!!!
You can dish it out, you better be able to take Frankie!

Pitt played Iowa even up last season and that was a feather in their cap, but they didn't have any Ohio States, Michigans or Michigan States on their schedule. This season, they have 1, Clemson. The game this year is tough to call, but I think Pitt fans are underestimating our front 7. None of the Pitt LBs would start at Penn State and the line may not have any stars, but there are plenty of guys for the rotation.

Pitt played Iowa even up last season and that was a feather in their cap, but they didn't have any Ohio States, Michigans or Michigan States on their schedule. This season, they have 1, Clemson. The game this year is tough to call, but I think Pitt fans are underestimating our front 7. None of the Pitt LBs would start at Penn State and the line may not have any stars, but there are plenty of guys for the rotation.
You beat one team with a winning record and you're still going to talk crap on Pitt.

Penn state had 7 wins. Buffalo, Rutgers, San Diego. St. , Army, Indiana, Maryland, and Illinois. Only 1 of those teams had a winning record; San Diego St. at 11-3. With them into the equation, PSU's opponents were 36-49...PATHETIC. Take away San Diego St., their opponents had a combined record of 25-46...BEYOND PATHETIC!!!

Too funny dip$hit, it's quite the opposite - it's ASWP fans talking crap on a PSU Board with nothing to back it up! Nowhere have I gone and claimed that PSU was a great team last year dip$hit, least of all to the pathetic ASWP PITTiot board. What does PSU playing with half-a-roster and zero depth last year due to unjust and illigitimate NCAA sanctions - and looking like it - have to do with ASWP looking the same with a full 85-man Scholarship roster and against a pathetic ACC schedule??? Nice strawman doofus - PSU having an unjust sanction ravaged roster has nothing to do with ASWP's 8 wins coming against a bunch of ACC and OOC zombies.

Too funny dip$hit, it's quite the opposite - it's ASWP fans talking crap on a PSU Board with nothing to back it up! Nowhere have I gone and claimed that PSU was a great team last year dip$hit, least of all to the pathetic ASWP PITTiot board. What does PSU playing with half-a-roster and zero depth last year due to unjust and illigitimate NCAA sanctions - and looking like it - have to do with ASWP looking the same with a full 85-man Scholarship roster and against a pathetic ACC schedule??? Nice strawman doofus - PSU having an unjust sanction ravaged roster has nothing to do with ASWP's 8 wins coming against a bunch of ACC and OOC zombies.
My only complaint is if you're going to make fun of someone's team your team better be superior. That's like a fat kid calling another kid fat.
And those are the stats from last year. Don't get mad at me or make excuses. That's what happened last year.
And I admit Pitt wasn't much better.
Not trying to cause an argument, just trying to point out facts.

You beat one team with a winning record and you're still going to talk crap on Pitt.

Yea, and the pathetic ASWP PITTiots beat ZERO TEAMS with less than 5 losses dip$hit....more specifically they beat 6 ACC teams with a combined record of 34-41 and 2 OOC teams with one being a 5-6 DI-AA team that ASWP gave up 37 points to and barely beat; and the other being an 8-5 also-ran MAC team! Add all the shlook up and you have 8 wins against a group of zombies that went 47-52 combined. BTW moron, it isn't PSU fans going to an ASWP board bragging about how great PSU was, but rather pathetic ASWP PITTiot trolls coming here to claim 8 wins against this schlook is somehow worthy of another of ASWP's DNCs.....Delusional National Championships. BTW, I think Navy just scored on your sorry @ss team again while I was typing this!

Yea, and the pathetic ASWP PITTiots beat ZERO TEAMS with less than 5 losses dip$hit....more specifically they beat 6 ACC teams with a combined record of 34-41 and 2 OOC teams with one being a 5-6 DI-AA team that ASWP gave up 37 points to and barely beat; and the other being an 8-5 also-ran MAC team! Add all the shlook up and you have 8 wins against a group of zombies that went 47-52 combined. BTW moron, it isn't PSU fans going to an ASWP board bragging about how great PSU was, but rather pathetic ASWP PITTiot trolls coming here to claim 8 wins against this schlook is somehow worthy of another of ASWP's DNCs.....Delusional National Championships. BTW, I think Navy just scored on your sorry @ss team again while I was typing this!
I never claimed that. You're the one saying how bad Pitt was last yr and how their wins were gimmies

My only complaint is if you're going to make fun of someone's team your team better be superior. That's like a fat kid calling another kid fat.
And those are the stats from last year. Don't get mad at me or make excuses. That's what happened last year.
And I admit Pitt wasn't much better.
Not trying to cause an argument, just trying to point out facts.

Wrong again @ssmunch, it is your fans coming to this board to claim what a great team they have returning from last year, not the opposite, and it is a laughable proposition. ASWP putting up 8 wins against 6 ACC teams that went a combined 34-41 and 2 OOC wins against a 5-6 DI-AA team (a team that put up 37 points against them and they beat by 1 score) and a mid-major also ran is nothing to brag about, especially when the combined record of the 8 teams was 47-52 and none of the teams had less than 5 losses!

I never claimed that. You're the one saying how bad Pitt was last yr and how their wins were gimmies

Wrong troll-boy, your fans are the ones coming to THIS BOARD to tell us how awesome the pathetic ASWP PITTiots returning team from last year is - I've never gone to the ASWP board, nor have I claimed that PSU had a great team last year, contrary to your continued BULL$HIT claims.

I believe the poster Franklin started it, I just corrected him and pointed out that penn states resume last yr was worse.

Wrong troll-boy, your fans are the ones coming to THIS BOARD to tell us how awesome the pathetic ASWP PITTiots returning team from last year is - I've never gone to the ASWP board, nor have I claimed that PSU had a great team last year, contrary to your continued BULL$HIT claims.

Wrong again @ssmunch, it is your fans coming to this board to claim what a great team they have returning from last year, not the opposite, and it is a laughable proposition. ASWP putting up 8 wins against 6 ACC teams that went a combined 34-41 and 2 OOC wins against a 5-6 DI-AA team (a team that put up 37 points against them and they beat by 1 score) and a mid-major also ran is nothing to brag about, especially when the combined record of the 8 teams was 47-52 and none of the teams had less than 5 losses!
I read that post when you posted it earlier. did you once again fail to realize penn state only beat one team with a winning record. The rest of their opponents were 25-46. For Pitt not beating a ranked team they had more quality wins than you. Those are facts.

That has nothing to do with how bad Pitt's quality wins were last year. Which you claimed were awful.

Yea, that's because their 8 wins last year were against bad teams and were gimmies moron. BTW, it was posted in response to pathetic ASWP PITTiot trolls who have come to this board to tell us how awesome last year's ASWP team was, so it is rather comical of you to claim anyone other than the visiting ASWP trolls, such as yourself, "started it". Oh yea, I think Navy just scored on Putz NarDouchey's sorry@ss defense again!

Yea, that's because their 8 wins last year were against bad teams and were gimmies moron. BTW, it was posted in response to pathetic ASWP PITTiot trolls who have come to this board to tell us how awesome last year's ASWP team was, so it is rather comical of you to claim anyone other than the visiting ASWP trolls, such as yourself, "started it". Oh yea, I think Navy just scored on Putz NarDouchey's sorry@ss defense again!
Lol you were your wins! They were 6inch tap ins!

That has nothing to do with how bad Pitt's quality wins were last year. Which you claimed were awful.

ASWP's wins last year were awful - they were against 6 ACC opponents with a combined record of 34-41, a 5-6 DI-AA team (that scored 37 on ASWP) and an 8-5 mid-major also-ran in their own pathetic conference. Especially awful given that NONE of the 8 wins came against a team with less than 5 losses last year.

ASWP's wins last year were awful - they were against 6 ACC opponents with a combined record of 34-41, a 5-6 DI-AA team (that scored 37 on ASWP) and an 8-5 mid-major also-ran in their own pathetic conference. Especially awful given that NONE of the 8 wins came against a team with less than 5 losses last year.
That's the third time you sent that. also for the third time I never said pitts schedule or quality wins were impressive

What does PSU's wins have to do with ASWP's 8 pathetic wins or your pathetic troll fans coming here to claim last year's ASWP team was really good and this year's team is therefore good because they return many starters??? BTW genius, ASWP only played 4 teams with double-digit wins and went 0-4 against them - they also lost to a crappy 8-5 Miami team! PSU played 7 teams with double digit wins last year and beat one of them. IOW lightweight, the worst team that PSU lost to (a 10 win team) had a BETTER RECORD than the worst team that ASWP lost to (8-5 Miami). The best team that PSU beat (11-3 Mountain West Conference Champion SDSU) had a FAR better record than the best team ASWP beat 8-5 MAC also-ran Akron.

Pitt fans are talking like Narduzzi was coach of the year yet Franklin is on the hot seat for almost identical seasons. I think that's why we trash Pitt about their quality of wins last year. I haven't seen anyone on here posting that Penn State was a juggernaut last year, but Pitt fans talk like they were one game away from their 75th national championship.

What does PSU's wins have to do with ASWP's 8 pathetic wins or your pathetic troll fans coming here to claim last year's ASWP team was really good and this year's team is therefore good because they return many starters??? BTW genius, ASWP only played 4 teams with double-digit wins and went 0-4 against them - they also lost to a crappy 8-5 Miami team! PSU played 7 teams with double digit wins last year and beat one of them. IOW lightweight, the worst team that PSU lost to (a 10 win team) had a BETTER RECORD than the worst team that ASWP lost to (8-5 Miami). The best team that PSU beat (11-3 Mountain West Conference Champion SDSU) had a FAR better record than the best team ASWP beat 8-5 MAC also-ran Akron.
Penn states opponents they beat had a combined record of 36-59! They beat zero ranked teams and only beat 1 team with a winning record! End of story!

Pitt fans are talking like Narduzzi was coach of the year yet Franklin is on the hot seat for almost identical seasons. I think that's why we trash Pitt about their quality of wins last year. I haven't seen anyone on here posting that Penn State was a juggernaut last year, but Pitt fans talk like they were one game away from their 75th national championship.
At least you admit Penn State was not that good last year ! And never did I claim pit was good last year

It should be a good game most of the way, but I'm thinking Pitt's oline and stable of backs will where down PSU's D. Pitt will pull away in the 4th quarter. Final score
Pitt 31 PSU 13

I think PSU would have more of a chance later in the season after the QB gets some games under his belt.

Pitt will have a good OL, i disagree that they have a quality DL especially after re-watching a few Pitt losses from last yr.

I really think Moorhead will exploit Pitt and force them into a shoot out. I don't think that is good news for Pitt. Pitt needs to control the clock and the game on the ground. If i were Pry, i would absolutely sell out to stop the run and if Pitt beats you through the air then props to them.

Temple stifled our offense easily last yr, i would use the same scheme.

Reactions: Pafootballfan1

ASWP beat 5-6 DI-AA YSU by one score (and gave up 37 points in the process....ASWP beat 7-6 VaTech by 4 points......ASWP beat 4-8 UVa by 7 points......ASWP beat 3-9 GaTech by 3 points......ASWP beat 4-8 SorryExcuse by 3 points. IOW, ASWP got very fortunate repeatedly last year and could just as easily have gone 4-8 as 8-4.

ASWP beat 5-6 DI-AA YSU by one score (and gave up 37 points in the process....ASWP beat 7-6 VaTech by 4 points......ASWP beat 4-8 UVa by 7 points......ASWP beat 3-9 GaTech by 3 points......ASWP beat 4-8 SorryExcuse by 3 points. IOW, ASWP got very fortunate repeatedly last year and could just as easily have gone 4-8 as 8-4.
You barely beat army!

Another thing teams will be different this yr, last year means nothing. It can be an indicator of performance but not necessarily true. PSU offense during the spring game seriously looked better than any game last yr. Simply a better scheme. PSU offense will e much better, so if Pitt folks are going off the crappy offense last yr i think they are mistaken.

PSU back seven on defense also will be better. Now DL we don't know yet.

Do any Pitt folks here know who will be starting corner opposite the kid you bring back? As good as Hamlin is, I think it will be a very tall order for a true frosh corner to stop these experienced psu wrs.

I believe Narduzzi will test the PSU OL right away and go blitz happy. I would expect Moorhead to understand this and have a way to negate some of it, Donovan had no damn clue last yr.

I think it will be very interesting to see how PSU performs offensively vs Kent State who everyone says has a Top 25 or so national defense.

also i do not see any mentions of Pitt having a new OC. I wonder what this means for their offense.

Do any Pitt folks here know who will be starting corner opposite the kid you bring back? As good as Hamlin is, I think it will be a very tall order for a true frosh corner to stop these experienced psu wrs.

I believe Narduzzi will test the PSU OL right away and go blitz happy. I would expect Moorhead to understand this and have a way to negate some of it, Donovan had no damn clue last yr.

I think it will be very interesting to see how PSU performs offensively vs Kent State who everyone says has a Top 25 or so national defense.

also i do not see any mentions of Pitt having a new OC. I wonder what this means for their offense.
Top 25 defense please stop it! I never heard that out of anyone's mouth but yours. They won like 3 games last yr!

ASWP didn't win their 75th CMNC (Completely Mythical National Championship) last year? I'm pretty sure they did after declaring the Navy Bowl Game disaster a "moral victory" as it could have been much worse than the actual lopsided score....

Funniest part of that video is that it was in a game that ASWP lost and was losing by two scores going into the 4th Qtr, LMFAO.

So did Navy...you remember Navy don't you?
Yes. They crushed us!
I was hoping for more of a " yes, pitt did have more quality wins than penn state, although they weren't impressive either" type responce from you or Frankie but I guess that would make sense.

Pafootballfan,

Letme see what i can dig up, it was my understanding Kent State had a horrific ofense but really good defense.

"
What You Need To Know About The Kent State Defense
Considering the offense provided no help whatsoever, the Kent State defense was even better than the stats, finishing 27th in the nation allowing just 350 yards per game doing a terrific job against the run. A few key parts are gone in DE Nate Terhune and LB Matt Dellinger, but Nate Holley might be the best defensive back in the MAC leading a secondary that should be a rock. Elcee Refuge has the game to go along with the name in a strong linebacking corps, but it all starts up front with a fantastic pass rush that should be a killer again after coming up with 31 sacks."

Yes. They crushed us!
I was hoping for more of a " yes, pitt did have more quality wins than penn state, although they weren't impressive either" type responce from you or Frankie but I guess that would make sense.

They had no quality wins, every team they beat last year was mediocre at best. Hell, that division had more coaching changes than they did wins I think. Arguably, Penn State had S. Diego State, an 11 win team with a conference championship, which is one more quality win than Pitt had.

Pafaan,

Appears 27th in the nation in defensive yards allowed per game last yr and almost everyone back.

"
This unit is loaded with eight returning starters and plenty of reserves who saw productive time in 2015. That defense was dominant at times last season and finished No. 27 nationally in total yards allowed at 350.1 per game. - See more at: http://athlonsports.com/college-foo...6-preview-and-prediction#sthash.o9AdbFYb.dpuf"

So i did not just make it up according to sporting newss and athlon reviews. It is a much better tune up than Villanova.

ASWP barely beat 3-9 GaTech (by 3 points), 4-8 SorryExcuse (by 3 points), 4-8 UVa (7 points) and 5-6 DI-AA YSU (8 points while giving up 37 to the Penguins).....oh yea, ASWP barely beat 7-6 VaTech (4 points) as well. Too funny, an ASWP fan talking about barely beating bad teams.....
Didn't know you had to beat your opponents by a certain amount now.

Reactions: duboispanther
Pafaan,

Appears 27th in the nation in defensive yards allowed per game last yr and almost everyone back.

"
This unit is loaded with eight returning starters and plenty of reserves who saw productive time in 2015. That defense was dominant at times last season and finished No. 27 nationally in total yards allowed at 350.1 per game. - See more at: http://athlonsports.com/college-foo...6-preview-and-prediction#sthash.o9AdbFYb.dpuf"

So i did not just make it up according to sporting newss and athlon reviews. It is a much better tune up than Villanova.
So dominant last year they won 3 games.

Can we give it a rest with last yrs games from both teams? It is irrelevant. Both teams will be different. Both teams have question marks. The name calling is really pathetic. Nothing wrong with the Pitt guy being confident they win. We will all know Sept 10th. Until then discussing match up and rosters is fun and productive.

I will just say i will be very shocked if the PSU offense isn't much better. Almost a guarantee Pitt run game will be stout but i think losing Boyd is a big loss.

Pafaan,

"

Is this a tactic you are using to make penn state look better when they beat Kent state?

Fan,

you are being a bit silly with the kent state thing. Look what the stats say about their defense i am not making them up. 27th nationally in yards allowed a game. 8 guys back so i expect that to be a decent defense for psu to see week one. Don't be irrational like a ton of others here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT