ADVERTISEMENT

GAME PLAN: How to beat PITT....

Option spreads the field horizontally moron. BTW, GaTech also runs lots of option. ASWP is unable to defend "quick hitting" offenses that spread the field HORIZONTALLY and your full of $hit that PSU's new Read-Option Spread is not designed to do PRECISELY this.
Gtech's primary offense is option. Their offense and navy's is completely different as Barkely will get majority of the carries.

Gtech's primary offense is option. Their offense and navy's is completely different as Barkely will get majority of the carries.

Wrong again idiot-boy, PSU's new Offense doesn't particularly care whether it throws "long laterals" to receivers in a "control passing game" or whether the RB runs it. To characterize PSU's new offense as a "run-based" offense with Barkley carrying the ball most of the time demonstrates your lack of even basic football knowledge. ASWP's defense was completely UNABLE to stop offenses that liked to spread the field HORIZONTALLY last year (i.e., their LBs sucked "in pursuit" and had no "range"). Other than having no idea what the F you're talking about, great posting.... I'm done with you on this topic moron. Goodbye.

Last edited:
Wrong again idiot-boy, PSU's new Offense doesn't particularly care whether it throws "long laterals" to receivers in a "control passing game" or whether the RB runs it. To characterize PSU's new offense as a "run-based" offense with Barkley carrying the ball most of the time demonstrates your lack of even basic football knowledge. ASWP's defense was completely UNABLE to stop offenses that liked to spread the field HORIZONTALLY last year (i.e., their LBs sucked "in pursuit" and had no "range"). Other than having no idea what the F you're talking about, great posting.... I'm done with you moron. Goodbye.
Well if mcsorely is going to carry the ball majority of the times it's going to be a long day for them.

Well if mcsorely is going to carry the ball majority of the times it's going to be a long day for them.

You might want to check out the numbers McSorley put up at PSU this spring in testing before commenting on his athleticism. There are not too many QBs that clock in the 4.5s. there is a reason a number of schools recruited him as an athlete. Regardless, PSU's offense will not intentionally run its qb anywhere close to the number of times schools like navy runs theirs.

I have to laugh, because Pitt is favored to win. Outside of the cult most think we are the better team, and I can see why.
Psu had such an easy schedule and they played bad teams close.
Psu has a good defense. Their offense is bad.
Psu is lucky that they get Pitt at the start of the year, because James won't be 100 percent.
I have to laugh at all of this though. You guys can say whatever you want. Claim that you have 25k tickets sold, ( when only 12k tickets were new tickets. ) claim that the media isn't fair, or just say show up and you will win. However, most people realize right now Pitt is the better team, and we are trending in the right direction.
We made up excuses too when we fielded a team that wasn't of the quality of psu in the past.
I personally think Pitt wins by two touchdowns.

I have to laugh, because Pitt is favored to win. Outside of the cult most think we are the better team, and I can see why.
Psu is lucky that they get Pitt at the start of the year, because James won't be 100 percent.
I have to laugh at all of this though. You guys can say whatever you want. Claim that you have 25k tickets sold, ( when only 12k tickets were new tickets. ) claim that the media isn't fair, or just say show up and you will win. However, most people realize right now Pitt is the better team, and we are trending in the right direction.
We made up excuses too when we fielded a team that wasn't of the quality of psu in the past.

Get lost troll.

Pitt's offense is going to be worse than last year and they were pretty mediocre last year.

PSU defense has different strengths this year (LBs and DBs are better than DL), but I suspect the total PPG allowed will be similar.

Pitt's defense has HUGE holes in the back 7.

PSU's offense has better skill position players than anyone Pitt will see all year (except for maybe Clemson).

Barring a slew of turnovers/special team gaffes, PSU by 2 TDs.

Reactions: Louisville JD
This is key. Pitt's QB is certainly not a world burner and PSUs guy will be making his first start on the road (despite having 25000 PSU fans in attendance who don't care about this series.) All snark aside it will come down to whether Pitt has a WR who can emerge as a #1 and how PSU's guy handles his emotions.

Always comes down to OL, DL and fewest mistakes. Not rocket science.

Franklin - quit wasting your time and your energy.

Last year is behind us for both Pitt and PSU and how they and we performed last year.....good and bad.....is totally meaningless. Give it a rest and save your energy, the first college football game of this fall is a week from tomorrow.

I was losing hope for this site! Thanks man! Great post!

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT