ADVERTISEMENT

FRL rumors - lineup 141/197

My bad. All I can say is it was worth the wait. It was set up as a tag team and Nico and Spyker were on the edge awaiting a tag. Brands was on the edge of the mat doing his hamster dance and spewing spittle when Carton clawed his way to the edge and tagged Nico. Nico had Pletcher turned and was getting back points when Spyker leaped into the fray and proceeded to pin both Nico and Pletcher. When Tan Tom tried to intervene Brands got in his face and insisted that Ryan throw him, which he promptly did. A surreal ending to a bizarre match. During the entire ordeal Cael sat calmly in the corner beside Casey with a bemused expression on his face. It looked like they were having fun.
Not bad.
Any signs of Killer Kowalski and Larry Zybisko (from Pittsburgh) in the winners bracket. Those names will take the old timers inclusive to the early 1970s of pro wrestling.

I may be wrong, but I recall last year at NCAA's Carton/Pletcher were set to meet. We had a rooting interest as we hoped Carton would win (knock out a tOSU guy). A bunch of people were here on message boards during the tournament and someone kept asking frantically what mat Carton/Pletcher was on. The match ended..this person still kept coming on the boards and asking..it was funny..

I was wondering about that, too. Thanks for clarifying. Can you explain the “Mike Evans is not impressed” posts we see from time to time?

No worries, it is being re-broadcast on the Ocho in the bottom half of the top of the hour, 2nd Tuesday of next week. :rolleyes:

That would be right after the dodgeball finals, between Average Joe's and PSU's wrestling team, Team FUN.

Reactions: okinburg1
Not bad.
Any signs of Killer Kowalski and Larry Zybisko (from Pittsburgh) in the winners bracket. Those names will take the old timers inclusive to the early 1970s of pro wrestling.
I go back to when Larry was paired with Tony Garea (sp?). My brother and I would stay over at my grand ma's house once in a while, when my parents would go out on the town. Sunday morning she would chain smoke and we'd watch roller derby and then wrestling. Good times. ..

Cortez was/is a great rider and scorer from top. if NLee is getting out with ease, either Cortez's injury is still a problem or NLee turned a big corner. A combination of both maybe.

NLee has always been good on his feet, if he jumped levels its going to waaay more f** this season.

Im not sleeping on keener either, while never a world beater, being the room could push him to heights only imagined before. AA or round of 12 w/ a bonus point or 2 would be huge for the team race.
Just a guess, but if Keener ends up an AA it will be lucky for us he showed up readily improved. For there is no development nor improvement to be found in the PSU room.

Reactions: diggerpup
...looking forward to cheering on another New Jersey Penn State AA this year...

I go back to when Larry was paired with Tony Garea (sp?). My brother and I would stay over at my grand ma's house once in a while, when my parents would go out on the town. Sunday morning she would chain smoke and we'd watch roller derby and then wrestling. Good times. ..
A lot of those matches were filmed for TV from AG Hall at the Allentown fair grounds. The Lehigh Valley had a huge connection to the old WWF because of it's location.
Funny story about Andre The Giant. Stroudsburg High School would get a Wwf wrestling card about once a year during the late 70s early 80s . After one of shows Andre goes to a bar in downtown Stroudsburg called Floods . It's still open, hasn't changed much. They have 30 plus beers on draft. If you could drink all the beersin one sitting you would get a t-shirt and your name on wall of Fame. Not to many ever did it without bad results. Andre the Giant went down the draft line and back. Walked out of the place like he only had a couple.

$500 says you can't guess who kept asking stuff he could've looked up, and after it was no longer relevant.

Don't worry, it's not like you have to pay the $500.

lmao. one of your all-time gems, and you've had quite a few of those.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT