ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno State to start D1 wrestling in '17-'18 season

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
they had previously announced that they were restoring wrestling; just not the details on when it would happen.

today they announced the timeline. to meet Title IX requirements, they're also adding women's polo.

I give them credit, in that they also worked on the financial aspects of the new sports, and have raised funds to fully pay for the first three years of the wrestling program.

You can read more about the timeline, etc. in a Fresno Bee article at THIS LINK.

Reactions: lionlover
Excellent news.

I'm curious as to who the first head coach will be. There are a number of excellent possibilities either with ties to the area or already there.

Excellent news.

I'm curious as to who the first head coach will be. There are a number of excellent possibilities either with ties to the area or already there.

Definitely great news. It'll take a little bit but the West coast is going to see an upswing sooner rather than later with ASU and FSU. Great for the sport (and some stiff competition for Oregon State)

Can I take the contrarian viewpoint (about this being good news)...

Just kidding. It's great news for the sport.

I bet they'll make a really strong push for one Big Snacks Nevills. He'd be a fantastic building block.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT