ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin should have had someone lined up first

IANit

Dec 8, 2002
Iowa
Starting to seem like he's desperate.

I think Franklin should be looking only at people who have coached in the Big Ten or SEC or NFL. Maybe ACC. Without that on his resume, it's a crap shoot how good a new guy will be once he gets here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dswartz

I think Franklin should be looking only at people who have coached in the Big Ten or SEC or NFL. Maybe ACC. Without that on his resume, it's a crap shoot how good a new guy will be once he gets here.
Personally, I'd rather he not rush. Huge decision. I do feel he will have someone soon.

Acc, B10, SEC or NFL probably covers about 90% of coaches. Some coaches coach for 10 teams in 10 years, Do you think B12 and pac10 coaches only coach in one conference?

Roll dem bones.

• Haha
Reactions: step.eng69
Promote Seider.
I personally wouldn't mind that. I mean, he knows the roster, great with the kids. I also feel that him and Howle are onto something.

However, if he was going to do that, I think he would have done it 2 or 3 days after the firing. We shall see.

I personally wouldn't mind that. I mean, he knows the roster, great with the kids. I also feel that him and Howle are onto something.

However, if he was going to do that, I think he would have done it 2 or 3 days after the firing. We shall see.
Seider and Manny are first rate known commodities and have really made a positive impact on the program beyond just their positional responsibilities. Same applies to Terry Smith and Ty. If I were head coach, I would do anything to keep them if keeping them were possible. Then fill positions beneath them with young genuine solid up and comers that can communicate.

If all this failed, I would look to hire Lando, Bio Mass, Blair10 to take the program in another direction.... straight downward. lol

Would have looked bad if it leaked prior to letting Mike go that he was shopping the job around.
Moot point now, but I wasn't talking about shopping the job around as much as having a pretty good idea of who he would like to hire and a good idea that they would accept if the job comes open.

Moot point now, but I wasn't talking about shopping the job around as much as having a pretty good idea of who he would like to hire and a good idea that they would accept if the job comes open.
Who's to say he didn't? Depends on your definition of "a pretty good idea".

Reactions: step.eng69
Hope it’s not the guy from Kansas…. Here we go again.
I'm impressed with what I've seen from him so far. It sounds like Leipold tried hard to keep him. I remember hearing negative things from fans of Okie State back when Yurcich was hired. I wrote it off as sour grapes, but maybe there was something to it. Yurcich wasn't really that bad an OC overall, but he didn't seem to adapt well.

He did have someone lined up. He probably forgot to send you a memo.

Reactions: mrshane31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT