ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin says it's 1 particular school that is negative recruiting

Negative recruiting is ubiquitous! Out coaches will overcome it, no doubt. Franklin is talking about a specific perpetrator spreading lies.

It is a shame that the media is too stupid to understand the difference in 'negative' recruiting which goes on all the time and is accepted. And teams who are bringing up the JS scandal and using the rape of kids to try and get high school football players to go to their school. It is shameful on Pitt and pathetic that the media cannot figure out the difference.

Reactions: Mufasa2
I've been thinking all along that the obvious answer is Pitt [Narduzzi is an ***hole], but the poster with the Maryland insight could be right. We do know that last year, Narduzzi was telling Miles Sanders that Franklin was going to be fired and his mother went to the Penn St. AD to verify that was a lie.

Again I repeat. Narduzzi does not negatively recruit. I find it humorous that Narduzzi is inside Franklin's head. If you are going to preach mental toughness to your players--you had better be mentally tough yourself!

Reactions: spartan tim
Again I repeat. Narduzzi does not negatively recruit. I find it humorous that Narduzzi is inside Franklin's head. If you are going to preach mental toughness to your players--you had better be mentally tough yourself!
Maybe he should start then. CJF is smoking sPitt on the recruiting trail. Fact.

Yes, Narduzzi doesn't spread innuendo and gossip to lure recruits to play for Pitt. Just ask Miles Sanders and his mom if Franklin was fired. The little brother syndrom is strong with Narduzzi.

Too funny that John Smallberries actually wrote an article in todays philly.com about it and ragging on PSU for complaining. Typical trash from that site and morons like him who will use any excuse to bring up Sandusky.

Probably the same way everyone on this board insists Franklin doesn't negative recruit.

Who is "everyone"?? I haven't seen one poster saying talking about whether or not Franklin negative recruits.

Please link these posts.

Reactions: broey1
The team that's doing the most negative recruiting is ND. Franklin thought he had Adams, Hinish in the bag. Due to getting 2 coaches from PGH central. Thorpe told Franklin it was ND throwing Penn st under the bus

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
The team that's doing the most negative recruiting is ND. Franklin thought he had Adams, Hinish in the bag. Die to getting 2 coaches from PGH central. Thorpe told Franklin it was ND throwing Penn st under the bus
Pretty sure he mentioned ND as one he recruits against. I believe it was the school he did not name.

The team that's doing the most negative recruiting is ND. Franklin thought he had Adams, Hinish in the bag. Die to getting 2 coaches from PGH central. Thorpe told Franklin it was ND throwing Penn st under the bus

And we should believe a loser rutgers poster because why??

Pretty sure he mentioned ND as one he recruits against. I believe it was the school he did not name.
It's become the "Team Which Shall Not be Named"!! It's like a Monty Python skit, except not particularly funny. That's my problem with not coming out and naming names in this type of situation. It becomes a distraction and a constant need to backtrack and explain "no, no, I didn't mean this or that team, it's somebody else." That just encourages the media to speculate more and more and keep asking you questions about it.

I did find it enjoyable in the tweet of the video with Meyer where he basically calls out the media for generating a non-story...and all the goofy media guys standing around him laugh at what idiots they are!!

Sorry if you don't believe me.

But i am very confident what i said is on the mark.

Are you just as confident about the BS you posted on the rutgers board?
Another rutgers loser that posts crap about Penn State to distract from the fact that their school, fans, and teams all suck. Lol.

Here are some recent "gems" from sherepower:

"Oh forgot to say. Franklin has done more negative recruiting than any coach around. You don't see other coaches crying like he does. Its comical in central Pa"

"If you can't see the spin, everyone at Penn st uses to not accept the facts. You are simply the problem why everyone around the country realizes how wacko your fan base is"

It's become the "Team Which Shall Not be Named"!! It's like a Monty Python skit, except not particularly funny. That's my problem with not coming out and naming names in this type of situation. It becomes a distraction and a constant need to backtrack and explain "no, no, I didn't mean this or that team, it's somebody else." That just encourages the media to speculate more and more and keep asking you questions about it.

I did find it enjoyable in the tweet of the video with Meyer where he basically calls out the media for generating a non-story...and all the goofy media guys standing around him laugh at what idiots they are!!

The other problem is that some people think the coaches will jump up and admit to it. They all know it is going on and different schools/coaches bring it up every so often. Hell OSU fans hated LJ Sr because he negative recruited...I mean mentioned grad rates. The problem is lying about a school and saying they are going to be sanctioned again with nothing to base it on and using it as a scare tactic.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Are you just as confident about the BS you posted on the rutgers board?
Another rutgers loser that posts crap about Penn State to distract from the fact that their school, fans, and teams suck. Lol.

"Oh forgot to say. Franklin has done more negative recruiting than any coach around. You don't see other coaches crying like he does. Its comical in central Pa"

"If you can't see the spin, everyone at Penn st uses to not accept the facts. You are simply the problem why everyone around the country realizes how wacko your fan base is"
Regardless how i feel about your head coach. It noway reflexs on the facts i thought ide share. I thought you guys wanted the truth.

Regardless how i feel about your head coach. It noway reflexs on the facts i thought ide share. I thought you guys wanted the truth.

The truth is rutgers sucks and always will. The school's obsession with Penn State is beyond pathetic. Can you handle the truth??

The truth is rutgers sucks and always will. The school's obsession with Penn State is beyond pathetic. Can you handle the truth??
Sure i can. I never said Rutgers has a better program than Penn st.

I simply have pretty good information on this subject. Which i thought ide share with you guys. Not a big deal.

The other problem is that some people think the coaches will jump up and admit to it. They all know it is going on and different schools/coaches bring it up every so often. Hell OSU fans hated LJ Sr because he negative recruited...I mean mentioned grad rates. The problem is lying about a school and saying they are going to be sanctioned again with nothing to base it on and using it as a scare tactic.
I'm not trying to say you ignore it in this case, but I think you either try to go directly to the source (especially when it's a school in your own conference, which seems to be the case based on Barbour's comments) and say it ends now or we are going to call you out publicly on this, or you skip the niceties and say publicly that Team X is out there telling our recruits these lies. Team X's coach will of course feign surprise and protest that they have done nothing of the kind and would never consider it as their code of honor forbids it. But, if they have done it, the recruits then see their true colors, and at a minimum it makes it far more difficult for them to say anything like that to recruits going forward that contradict their public statements. It seems to me that this has become something of a drag (at least for the last couple of days) on Franklin and the program at a time when everyone should be focusing on the start of a new season and all of that. Certainly a lot of that is media-driven crap, but I assume Franklin and Barbour should have expected that would happen if they kept talking about it.

Reactions: Madsol and Nitt1300
If Its Pitt its not working very well. Except for maybe last January. My guess is its MSU who is more than likely desperate to stay on top. They aren't exactly bringing in the talent OSU or Michigan is right now.

You say Narduzzi doesn't negatively recruit, yet Franklin is bothered by someone negatively recruiting, and then you say Narduzzi is inside Franklin's head. So really what you're saying is Narduzzi does negatively recruit and because of that he's gotten inside Franklin's head. It's either that or you have to give credit to the coach that is negatively recruiting for getting inside Franklin's head and not Narduzzi.

I think 50% chance is it Nardouche and 25% chance Brian Kelly from ND and 25% chance he was referring to both.

Well, even though it's "negative recruiting" I'll just go ahead and tell it: Narduzzi is going to MSU after the 2017 season. D'antonio is retiring after two more seasons and Hollis has told Narduzzi he's the guy. Sooo, any recruit wanting to play for Doozie better sign with MSU.

This is insane. Geez...you overcome many things by just winning on the field not on a fan board.
Who negative recruits, who doesn't is a waste of time conversation/argument.
Let it rest.

I don't believe it's any of the three that Franklin mentioned, and I don't believe it's Pitt.

I believe it's Maryland. I say that, because my brother, a Terp Grad, attended some alumni functions with Edsall, and with the new coach over the last 1 1/2 years, and he would tell me how the coaching staff said they knew they could use the Sandusky issues against Penn State (I am paraphrasing a bit), and that would help them with the moms and dads of the recruits. Some of this was before the new allegations came out, and I know he has attended at least one function after the allegations of the 1970's and has said the same thing about what the coaches have said.

Take it for what it's worth- there may be another school that Franklin has in mind, but from what I have been told, don't discount Maryland.
Hard to believe that a twerp could stoop so low LOL. After all they've beaten us at least 2-3 times in our history. In all seriousness I'm sure they would do most anything to stop the exodus of Md, DC and NoVa talent to PSU. Also I wouldn't discount Rutgers as a source either.... they positively loath us.

in Franklin's first comment, he mention that he is recruiting against Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State and Norte Dame. Later, Franklin makes the comment that Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State aren't doing negative recruiting but doesn't include ND. He could have easily included ND when he mentioned the team's not doing negative recruiting.

in Franklin's first comment, he mention that he is recruiting against Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State and Norte Dame. Later, Franklin makes the comment that Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State aren't doing negative recruiting but doesn't include ND. He could have easily included ND when he mentioned the team's not doing negative recruiting.

It's not about Franklin, it's about the negative recruiting toward us.

D'Antonio, is the one doing it.

Hey rutgersdave, saw you on the Pitt board posting about Penn State using negative recruiting as an excuse.

That's funny coming from a rutgers guy, whose fans are ALWAYS making excuses. Here are some of the usual ones:

1. The best NJ recruits don't stay at home (it's because rutgers is located in the armpit of America)
2. Local media don't say nice things about rutgers (there's not much nice to say)
3 The state doesn't financially support rutgers (throwing money down the toilet)
4. The B1G doesn't give rutgers enough financial support (see 3 above)

You guys better go read the June 26 edition of the Reading Eagle newspaper (link below) Franklin is quoted as identifying ND,OSU and MSU as the culprits. Once he has to face Meyer and D'Antonio he immediately backtracks. Trust me that is not a good look. Myers smug response--I met Franklin and he denied making the accusation--says it all! Eventually you guys will catch on to Franklin's act--there is always some boogey man out to get him.

http://www.readingeagle.com/sports/...sm-for-penn-state-football&template=mobileart

You guys better go read the June 26 edition of the Reading Eagle newspaper (link below) Franklin is quoted as identifying ND,OSU and MSU as the culprits. Once he has to face Meyer and D'Antonio he immediately backtracks. Trust me that is not a good look. Myers smug response--I met Franklin and he denied making the accusation--says it all! Eventually you guys will catch on to Franklin's act--there is always some boogey man out to get him.

http://www.readingeagle.com/sports/...sm-for-penn-state-football&template=mobileart

You're more than a month late to the party pitter. You also have some problems reading.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT