ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin Presser

Haven’t seen it but if he’s going down the Narduzzi road of taking shots at kids he recruited that didn’t commit to him, he’s going in the wrong direction.

I guess thats the way 2 people can read and hear a PC and come away with a different perception.
Because I didnt' come away with that take at all. He related it to instate kids but also mentioned Barkley because they are from the same area and the amount of local fans that follow them through twitter.

I guess thats the way 2 people can read and hear a PC and come away with a different perception.
Because I didnt' come away with that take at all. He related it to instate kids but also mentioned Barkley because they are from the same area and the amount of local fans that follow them through twitter.

Probably just me. I just know after I heard that and then after he talked about PW it made me smile because that probably could have been Fleming. I make no secrets that we need to do a better job with the in state studs. You don't win a title with only them but if you get the ones you are supposed to get you will be in the hunt.

I look at Rucci....get Rucci and Tengwell and all of a sudden the rest of the class could be Joey Bag of Donuts and I would consider that a success. Look at Harrison and smith from Ohio....no way they weren't going to OSU, no way, no matter what the experts said they were flirting with.

Reactions: TheGLOV

Speaking of hearing different things.....I had no idea he even talked about Thorpe but according to 247 he apparently did. Hell maybe I didn't even listen to the presser.

• Haha
Reactions: BBrown

Two people? Yeah, right. At least 3 and counting.

Speaking of hearing different things.....I had no idea he even talked about Thorpe but according to 247 he apparently did. Hell maybe I didn't even listen to the presser.

>>

• On sacks allowed being improved:

C.J. Thorpe has been a medical decision. They hope to have him back, but those are medical decisions that they're not involved in, but obviously are aware of.
    <<

That sounds more sensible.

Probably just me. I just know after I heard that and then after he talked about PW it made me smile because that probably could have been Fleming. I make no secrets that we need to do a better job with the in state studs. You don't win a title with only them but if you get the ones you are supposed to get you will be in the hunt.

I look at Rucci....get Rucci and Tengwell and all of a sudden the rest of the class could be Joey Bag of Donuts and I would consider that a success. Look at Harrison and smith from Ohio....no way they weren't going to OSU, no way, no matter what the experts said they were flirting with.
A few weeks ago, on the Obligatory PSU Podxast, Brandon Noble, who was Tood Rucci’s teammate, indicated the other Rucci brother was not even given a PSU offer and Noble felt that was why we did.not get the current brother. Noble was surprised that no offers were made to a “legacy” recruit.

A few weeks ago, on the Obligatory PSU Podxast, Brandon Noble, who was Tood Rucci’s teammate, indicated the other Rucci brother was not even given a PSU offer and Noble felt that was why we did.not get the current brother. Noble was surprised that no offers were made to a “legacy” recruit.

I could see that. Look Brenton Strange is a nice player, but it isn't like we didn't take his brother over Hudson Henry. I would say that is a misstep in the recruiting process for that cycle and ended up costing us down the road.

I might be wrong but I don't think so.
That would be so against Franklin's character. Hell he doesn't even make snide remarks about Nardouchie. I mean thats practically sainthood right there.😂
Yeah , he doesn't go down that road, not even with officials and opposing coaches.

Being said he put a lot of effort early into Fleming and Rucci but Fields most likely hurt him worse.

So apparently the Ruccis took it as an affront to their family honor that Hayden wasn't extended an offer by Penn State. I get the whole legacy angle but why the sense of entitlement??

Yeah , he doesn't go down that road, not even with officials and opposing coaches.

Being said he put a lot of effort early into Fleming and Rucci but Fields most likely hurt him worse.
Fields hurt the program the most, no doubt. Fleming seemed to be more of a betrayal....admittedly, I am going on gut feeling.....seems like he was a frequent visitor (his then girlfriend) and likely enjoyed "the perks" of being a local recruit....only to pull the rug out..... In the long run losing Fleming is easy to move on from. There are many WRs out there, not many QBs like Fields.

Look at Harrison and smith from Ohio....no way they weren't going to OSU, no way, no matter what the experts said they were flirting with.
Not looking to argue, but Harrison was sold on Penn State. Loved Penn State, the coaches and all.
The problem was distance from home. If State College was within 2 hours of Harrison’s home, he’s wearing Blue and White. His father’s job prohibited him from long Saturday travel.
My source is Harrison’s high school head coach who is a former player of mine and still good friend.
Zach Harrison was Penn State.

OL

I could see that. Look Brenton Strange is a nice player, but it isn't like we didn't take his brother over Hudson Henry. I would say that is a misstep in the recruiting process for that cycle and ended up costing us down the road.
Strange was a 4 star TE offered by Ohio State and Notre Dame. Rucci was a 3 star TE that was offered by Wisconsin and Michigan State besides Pitt and some other schools. Hayden Rucci also committed to Wisconsin in Feb 2018 before his senior season. So the Rucci family wanted a Penn State offer during his junior year and got upset. Penn State might have offered Rucci in the spring before his senior season. Rucci did not give them a chance and they found a higher rated TE recruit that had interest in Penn State.

Not looking to argue, but Harrison was sold on Penn State. Loved Penn State, the coaches and all.
The problem was distance from home. If State College was within 2 hours of Harrison’s home, he’s wearing Blue and White. His father’s job prohibited him from long Saturday travel.
My source is Harrison’s high school head coach who is a former player of mine and still good friend.

OL

I respect that and your source.....but the end result still was what it was.....we didn't get the guy and the Ohio Guy stayed home to play for Ohio State. At some point we just need something to tip in our favor I guess.

OL
And Tyreke Smith was a silent commit to Penn State.

Strange was a 4 star TE offered by Ohio State and Notre Dame. Rucci was a 3 star TE that was offered by Wisconsin and Michigan State besides Pitt and some other schools. Hayden Rucci also committed to Wisconsin in Feb 2018 before his senior season. So the Rucci family wanted a Penn State offer during his junior year and got upset. Penn State might have offered Rucci in the spring before his senior season. Rucci did not give them a chance and they found a higher rated TE recruit that had interest in Penn State.

Have we never offered a player that has been committed before? What I am saying is I like Strange, although at that time his recruitment wasn't a dire need position as we had just gotten both PF and Kuntz. To be fair he was a low 3 star as well. Maybe it is hindsight, maybe it is the arrogance I speak of when talking about in region athletes, I don't know.

All I know is it would be a cold day in hell a kid from 2 hours away from Columbus with a Dad that played for Ohio State would have gone any other place than Ohio State.

That is all I am saying with this stuff. Go back to the "dominate the state" that you preached when you came here.

Nice that a few questions were asked about recruiting.

I don't see why some of the "reporters" keep setting up the touchy feely topics and answers about dealing with family issues, etc. It's already been beat to death, and isn't the topic supposed to be football?

Nice that a few questions were asked about recruiting.

I don't see why some of the "reporters" keep setting up the touchy feely topics and answers about dealing with family issues, etc. It's already been beat to death, and isn't the topic supposed to be football?

Because for the most part the media is a bunch or morons that simply suck up to all coaches because if they don't they don't get access. No access no job, no job no money.....there are some that are such kiss ups I often wonder what they are going to write about after asking that question.

Good Afternoon James, I hope you are having a great day. James I was wondering if you could tell us a little bit about the preparation process for the 2 feet of snow you are going to get tomorrow night. Will that hurt your nighttime milk and cookies? I forget who asked a similar question today like the players stay in Bellefonte and have to travel in to State College for practice.

Yeah I think that’s what happened too. On the other hand, there is risk in offering Hayden to “increase” your odds of getting Nolan. What if Nolan gets enamored with Alabama or some other school after you recruit Hayden. I think we are fine with Strange and Johnson at TE. Nolan could still have come to PSU if he wanted. Sucks that he didn’t especially since he went to my high school, but you move on.

Because for the most part the media is a bunch or morons that simply suck up to all coaches because if they don't they don't get access. No access no job, no job no money.....there are some that are such kiss ups I often wonder what they are going to write about after asking that question.

Good Afternoon James, I hope you are having a great day. James I was wondering if you could tell us a little bit about the preparation process for the 2 feet of snow you are going to get tomorrow night. Will that hurt your nighttime milk and cookies? I forget who asked a similar question today like the players stay in Bellefonte and have to travel in to State College for practice.

Guess you never saw any of Saban’s pressers.

It was the ever stupid Ben Jones

>>

• On sacks allowed being improved:

C.J. Thorpe has been a medical decision. They hope to have him back, but those are medical decisions that they're not involved in, but obviously are aware of.
    <<
So, being a smartass, I could ask if there’s a correlation between the improvement in sacks allowed and Thorpe not playing😁

"Dominate the State" has lost some of it's luster.
All slogans do...
"Don"t change horses midstream"
"when you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on"
"never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"
"you only live once, if you do it right, that's enough"
"where's the beef?"
"just do it!"
"because you're worth it."
"have it your way."
"king of beers."
What happened to Bill ieve...........shuffle off to Houston....LOL

Can we stop questioning CJF's motives yet? Until further notice, he's a good dude. That's all.
Are you new here?
Please post with complete understanding of the one cardinal rule of all fanboys....
We deserve better.....
This is an elite group.
WE: attend every practice, breakdown video of every session, scout opponents and have intimate knowledge of injury reports on the squad. Armed with all this data and given our unique talents(coaching or playing experience is irrelevant) and football acumen, we formulate game plans. We question our stupid coaches first hand on every play call and scheme. We then relish posting our criticisms of their feeble attempts to duplicate our talents, sometimes even before we break down the game films.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT