ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin Presser

Are you new here?
Please post with complete understanding of the one cardinal rule of all fanboys....
We deserve better.....
This is an elite group.
WE: attend every practice, breakdown video of every session, scout opponents and have intimate knowledge of injury reports on the squad. Armed with all this data and given our unique talents(coaching or playing experience is irrelevant) and football acumen, we formulate game plans. We question our stupid coaches first hand on every play call and scheme. We then relish posting our criticisms of their feeble attempts to duplicate our talents, sometimes even before we break down the game films.
You know me better than that.

You know me better than that.
I was admonishing you for not falling into line with the majority......
You need to be careful not to buck the prevailing sentiments, otherwise you will be labeled as I am ...... a defender of all coaches! ;)

So apparently the Ruccis took it as an affront to their family honor that Hayden wasn't extended an offer by Penn State. I get the whole legacy angle but why the sense of entitlement??

i knooooowwwww I’m in the minority here but I don’t care that he didn’t offer Big Bro and I’m also not fretting over Nolan — sorry

Reactions: marshall23
i knooooowwwww I’m in the minority here but I don’t care that he didn’t offer Big Bro and I’m also not fretting over Nolan — sorry
I agree. If we gotta offer big brother, next will be my buddy and then my mom in the football office. Bullshit. Furthermore.....he's an offensive tackle.

Reactions: colt21
Have we never offered a player that has been committed before? What I am saying is I like Strange, although at that time his recruitment wasn't a dire need position as we had just gotten both PF and Kuntz. To be fair he was a low 3 star as well. Maybe it is hindsight, maybe it is the arrogance I speak of when talking about in region athletes, I don't know.

All I know is it would be a cold day in hell a kid from 2 hours away from Columbus with a Dad that played for Ohio State would have gone any other place than Ohio State.

That is all I am saying with this stuff. Go back to the "dominate the state" that you preached when you came here.
I think it's a mentality difference between people in Ohio and Pennsylvania. The second you cross that border into Ohio, EVERYTHING is scarlet and gray. Here, it's different. Pa kids seem to have this idea that not cool to root for and like the "hometown" teams. I see it in my own neighborhood. Kids wearing Mahomes jerseys, Astros hats, Clemson shirts....It's really like there is very little, if any, loyalty to the home state here. In Ohio, it's just different.

Goes back to the Kevin Jones Feetsball Coach saga . Ivan Schidt a/k/a Schmidt was somehow connected to Kevin Jones; friend, cousin, fluffer, whatever. He was so obscure that powerful ground penetrating radar was needed to detect him. Imagine that it was communicated to PSU that offering Young Schidt would cause Kevin Jones to look more favorably on the school. So PSU offered and Ivan the Schidt immediately committed.

Shortly thereafter, Kevin Jones announces for VaDreck. Joe wasn't pleased and faster than Kevin Jones (or BoulderFish) could run a 40, he pulls the Schidt offer. Schidt winds up at Central Coonnecticut State and returns to obscurity.

I think it's a mentality difference between people in Ohio and Pennsylvania. The second you cross that border into Ohio, EVERYTHING is scarlet and gray. Here, it's different. Pa kids seem to have this idea that not cool to root for and like the "hometown" teams. I see it in my own neighborhood. Kids wearing Mahomes jerseys, Astros hats, Clemson shirts....It's really like there is very little, if any, loyalty to the home state here. In Ohio, it's just different.
You just proved you don’t know Sh!+ about Ohio. In NE Ohio there is a large ND fanbase who don’t care about OSU. There even was a small PSU fanbase where I grew up and the local Y-town radio station used to broadcast the Penn State games, not the OSU games. In the Toledo area there is a large UM fanbase.

Goes back to the Kevin Jones Feetsball Coach saga . Ivan Schidt a/k/a Schmidt was somehow connected to Kevin Jones; friend, cousin, fluffer, whatever. He was so obscure that powerful ground penetrating radar was needed to detect him. Imagine that it was communicated to PSU that offering Young Schidt would cause Kevin Jones to look more favorably on the school. So PSU offered and Ivan the Schidt immediately committed.

Shortly thereafter, Kevin Jones announces for VaDreck. Joe wasn't pleased and faster than Kevin Jones (or BoulderFish) could run a 40, he pulls the Schidt offer. Schidt winds up at Central Coonnecticut State and returns to obscurity.
I forgot about Ivan Schmidt. Your post paints a poor light on Joe so I found the attached article which clears things up. Ivan's SAT scores were very low so he was going to attend Kiski (the prep school that Joe usually sent recruits to who needed some additional academic help). Well, the kids Stepfather got involved and made some demands on Kiski and PSU so Ivan lost that opportunity.

Here, read for yourself. It's a very nice write-up.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Article/Ivan-Schmidts-Wonderful-Life-104281263/

I forgot about Ivan Schmidt. Your post paints a poor light on Joe so I found the attached article which clears things up. Ivan's SAT scores were very low so he was going to attend Kiski (the prep school that Joe usually sent recruits to who needed some additional academic help). Well, the kids Stepfather got involved and made some demands on Kiski and PSU so Ivan lost that opportunity.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Article/Ivan-Schmidts-Wonderful-Life-104281263/

Thank you for posting this account. It corrects so much of the negative attitude and falsehoods of the previous post.

So much for Schmidt being invisible. A national high jump champ, an IC4A winner, finishing top 4 at the NCAAs and being a record holder at his university, is a pretty good set of accomplishments.

His personal story is like something from a movie. You can’t make this stuff up.

I hope Mr Schmidt was able to continue his life in the positive direction it was on when the account was written in 2005

I couldn't agree more, though, I feel this is not isolated to Ohio. How many kids are running around Michigan wearing PSU gear. Or Texas? Or Alabama? I see all of these teams and more in PA. I think it is more of a northeastern state thing because NJ, MD, NY are all similar to PA in that regard.

All that being said, winning championships and appearing in the playoffs certainly helps and if PSU can crack that code I feel you would see a difference in PA kids feelings toward PSU. Don't forget, in the 80's and early 90's PSU was the ones poaching kids from Ohio. I'm not saying that will happen again but if they can stop the bleeding of kids leaving PA things will be much better.

Reactions: MacNit07
I couldn't agree more, though, I feel this is not isolated to Ohio. How many kids are running around Michigan wearing PSU gear. Or Texas? Or Alabama? I see all of these teams and more in PA. I think it is more of a northeastern state thing because NJ, MD, NY are all similar to PA in that regard.

All that being said, winning championships and appearing in the playoffs certainly helps and if PSU can crack that code I feel you would see a difference in PA kids feelings toward PSU. Don't forget, in the 80's and early 90's PSU was the ones poaching kids from Ohio. I'm not saying that will happen again but if they can stop the bleeding of kids leaving PA things will be much better.

Almost as many kids is TX wearing Oklahoma Stuff as UT.

LMFAO. Brennan can be such a shill when PSU needs some spin. Schidt was never sent an LOI to sign. As for the demands made on Kiski, they were that the cost of attendance be covered, something that PSU usually took care for prospects it directed there. Wanna guess what didn't happen?

Sometimes it's better to just keep quiet and thought a fool than to start typing and remove all doubt.

And I'll bet you didn't know that PSU, among others. ratted out VaDreck. You wanna check that with your boy MarkieMark? Ignorance is bliss, ain't it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT