ADVERTISEMENT

Franco And Judge Covey commercial

Just seen it. It made me smile. Great to see Franco support someone that supported Penn State when no one else would.
Covey stood up against the NCAA and helped the PSU family when it was sorely needed. I hope every Penn Stater can stand up and support Covey next week when it counts. That the current legal establishment is against her is another reason to cast a vote for Covey.

Covey stood up against the NCAA and helped the PSU family when it was sorely needed. I hope every Penn Stater can stand up and support Covey next week when it counts. That the current legal establishment is against her is another reason to cast a vote for Covey.
I have been a lawyer for over 40 years and I have real problems with the Bar Association ratings. I fully support Judge Covey and it is based upon her entire record, not just the Penn State matters. I think she would make a superb Supreme Court Justice.

If you look at this election the turnout statewide is likely to be very low as there are not a lot of hot or significant races. Philadelphia however will be electing a mayor and the turnout will be larger there. This will favor the democrats and I would not be surprised to see that party win all three seats on the high court.

If you look at this election the turnout statewide is likely to be very low as there are not a lot of hot or significant races. Philadelphia however will be electing a mayor and the turnout will be larger there. This will favor the democrats and I would not be surprised to see that party win all three seats on the high court.
You may be right Joe, but the Philly mayoral race is not really much of a race, so I don't know it will drive turnout for the Dems all that much. Right now, I don't see a Democrat sweep. I think the Republicans take one.

http://www.centredaily.com/2015/02/10/4596571_bar-association-covey-not-recommended.html?rh=1

Judge Covey is not a friend of the PSU old guard. Knowing that, it is interesting to note who is on the Judicial Evaluation Commission ("JEC") which is the panel that approves judges for a seat on the PA Supreme Court. The panel did not recommend Covey for a seat on the Court. Selected quotes from the article:

"One day after Commonwealth Court Judge Anne Covey went public with her criticism of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Judicial Evaluation Commission, the group released its latest round of recommendations for judgeships on this year’s ballot. Covey is “not recommended” for a seat on the Pennsylvania Supreme Court"

"The panel also included Ernest Salvino, husband of Penn State Alumni Association President Kay Salvino, who will be a member of the board of trustees when her association term is completed under new rules passed in November."

PSU BOT member Eckel
is also on the panel, but reportedly recused himself. "Eckel, an agriculture-elected member of the Penn State governing body, is a nonlawyer member of the commission from Lackawanna County. Penn State was a defendant, along with the NCAA, in a lawsuit brought by state Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman, R-Benner Township, and former state treasurer Rob McCord. Covey presided over that case in Commonwealth Court, often siding with the plaintiffs and delivering some stern rebukes to the defense. Penn State spokeswoman Lisa Powers said Tuesday that Eckel did recuse himself from conflict issues on the commission."

"The JEC issued a “recommended” rank for another Penn State-connected jurist seeking the state’s top bench, Commonwealth Court Judge Renee Cohn Jubelirer, wife of trustee Bob Jubelirer."

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2015/02/...covey-not-recommended.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Next Tuesday, I will gladly vote for Anne Covey. In fact, that will be the sole reason to go to the polls for me.

I have advised MrsDibbs and all the little Dibbs that voting for Covey is in their best interests.

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT