ADVERTISEMENT

For those Penn State fans obsessed with former players as coaches...

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
Ed Reed is joining the Miami Hurricanes football operations in the role of Chief of Staff. Lots of ancillary roles, apparently, but no on field coaching. Likely an ambassador or a figure head position, or maybe something to get his foot into coaching without starting as grad assistant or something else beneath Reed.

So, if you could have any former player join the program as an ambassador type person, and no real coaching, who would it be?

My first choice would be Lavar and I think he’d be on just about everyone’s short list.

Besides Lavar, who do you suggest?

Larry Johnson.

Grab him and the Willard Preacher, post them in the Lasch building and see who can out religious nutjob the other for entertainment purposes.

Seriously, if you haven’t looked at LJ’s twitter lately you’re missing out on some good entertainment.

Reactions: ralphster
Ed Reed is joining the Miami Hurricanes football operations in the role of Chief of Staff. Lots of ancillary roles, apparently, but no on field coaching. Likely an ambassador or a figure head position, or maybe something to get his foot into coaching without starting as grad assistant or something else beneath Reed.

So, if you could have any former player join the program as an ambassador type person, and no real coaching, who would it be?

My first choice would be Lavar and I think he’d be on just about everyone’s short list.

I think in reality he is the dean of discipline.

Ed Reef is the bridge between the current coaching staff and former players. He is a vestige of Da U.

#basementspeakers and #applyingforremotejobsIhavenointentionoftaking

Don't bother trying with Mauti. He's busy growing weed.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
CBD, not THC. No high from CBD.

That is correct but a little THC does have its benefits.
  1. You don’t need THC to use CBD. CBD works great by itself, both as CBD and CBDa, and in combination with other non psychoactive cannabinoids and compounds found in hemp and cannabis.
  2. THC can work well with CBD to create exponentially better experiences. Yes, if you have the opportunity to use whole plant or at least 1:1 offerings, they can offer a much more noticeable relief. I’m not a huge topical fan, and I’ve stayed away from those offerings that are purely one cannabinoid. Recently, I discovered a 1:1 Salve that has been great for the aches that come after a long day of hiking.
  3. THC can also increase the potential for certain negatives that CBD, when used without psychoactive cannabinoids, can alleviate. There’s many reasons why you’d want to avoid THC in your CBD products. In many states, you have to for legal reasons, but there are physical and emotional reasons as well. If you’re someone who has had negative experiences with THC and/or is prone to anxiety, paranoia, or other conditions that might be aggravated by psychoactive cannabinoids, then CBD could be the perfect option for you so long as it is isolated from THC. If you’re using CBD to treat conditions that THC can often cause (as a side-effect or main effect), you’ll want to choose an option that is strictly CBD to avoid having the opposite of your desired effects.

Lavar would be the last person I would want. Coaches and/or ambassadors must be team players; Lavar doesn't fit the bill in my opinion which I know is like a part of my and everybody's anatomy.

Who would I want?
  • A team player.
  • Good interpersonal skills.
  • Excellent knowledge of football in general.
My choice would be Jack Ham. Are there others you betcha.

Lavar would be the last person I would want. Coaches and/or ambassadors must be team players; Lavar doesn't fit the bill in my opinion which I know is like a part of my and everybody's anatomy.

Who would I want?
  • A team player.
  • Good interpersonal skills.
  • Excellent knowledge of football in general.
My choice would be Jack Ham. Are there others you betcha.
This is not a coach. It’s a figure head. The two most important qualities are charisma and name recognition/street cred

What is your point. Description would fit both positions.
You can suggest anyone you want. It seemed that you were wanting more of a coach type. My thinking is it’s more of a meet and greet... big smile and air of greatness.

MRob, Lee, Millen, Nassib when hes done playing, Engram, wiz. No idea if any of them have any interest in coaching or would be a great recruiter.

MRob, Lee, Millen, Nassib when hes done playing, Engram, wiz. No idea if any of them have any interest in coaching or would be a great recruiter.
Again, this is a non coaching position in my scenario. Just someone to shake hands and tell stories.

I think LaVar is a great guy and was a great athlete- but what qualifications are those for a coach? To my mind, none.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT