ADVERTISEMENT

Folks this sting will never go away. Never.

dcf4psu

Nov 7, 2003
State College
Wins are fantastic and fun, but nothing stays with you like a bad loss. The bad losses never go away. What happened Saturday night will be with us for all time. It's a measuring stick game for the wrong reason. Future losses will be measured against this one. One thing for sure - I will be at senior day this year regardless of cost to cheer on Trace McSorley.

In the great scheme of things, this is fairly small potatoes.

Now, it certainly is true that 1 point losses hurt worse even than blowouts, but none of it is even on the radar compared to other losses an individual might suffer.

So you've moved on I take it? Were you there?
I'm able to see the big picture of what Franklin is building. We are playing Ohio St straight up for the last few years while their roster has 3 x as many 5 stars and 2 x as many 4 stars.

Now we are recruiting with them. There were 12 5 star recruits and 60 recruits with 20+ offers for the greatest spectacle in sports. Our freshmen class was top 5 in the country. When all of our classes are there, Ohio St will no longer be able to hang with us. They are slightly underperforming their recruiting rankings and we overperform. When the talent is comparable in a couple of years, they will be in the rear view.

Wins are fantastic and fun, but nothing stays with you like a bad loss. The bad losses never go away. What happened Saturday night will be with us for all time. It's a measuring stick game for the wrong reason. Future losses will be measured against this one. One thing for sure - I will be at senior day this year regardless of cost to cheer on Trace McSorley.
Oh for god's sake. So every team that's ever had a "bad" loss has never gotten over it.

But I assume this is just a TIC post.......right??? Please say that's the case.

Snowflake stay close to a freezer.

The team is over it you should be as well.

Sad perspective. Except the part about Trace. He deserves our support.

I hope the sting motivates the team to another level. Losing is supposed to hurt.

As you get older, these stinging losses still sting, but the sting doesn't last past the next win. Buck up; we can still be 11-1 or 12-1, a Top 5 finish and a GREAT recruiting class. Let it go.

Jeez really?

Reactions: step.eng69
It took me approximately 20 minutes, the time it took to walk from my seat in the stadium to the car, to get over it.

I can tell you the sting from the Pitt loss a couple years ago stung more. For many reasons that one was brutal and it probably cost us a chance to play in national championship game. A couple weeks later Michigan took us to the woodshed. Those 2 brutal losses formed this team into who they are today. Look for them to go on a roll and lay waste to everyone in their way starting next Saturday. They will be motivated by this loss to take their game to a new level.

You look like a real idiot if you get too emotional over a football game.

Warning NSFW language...

When I was younger, 41 now, I took losses personally. I am still very passionate, but have put things much more in perspective. As previously said, it is a game.

Reactions: 81b&w
Get a grip!

Well the one that sticks in my craw was 63-14. And I guarantee you, OSU fans still can’t get past the 63-14 of their own....and that was clear back in 1994!

Reactions: step.eng69
After a heartbreaking loss us fans can be a bit emotional. We get angry thinking of all the missed opportunities or bad calls. One moment has really helped change my mindset in these situations. At the end of the loss to Pitt in 2016, Daesean Hamilton had just dropped a pass that probably would have won the game. Mcsorley throws a pick in the endzone and the game is over.

In those types of moments when we're really angry/ disappointed we tend to do and say things we regret. Mcsorley sat down next to a crying Hamilton, pulled him over and kissed him on the head. I'm just a fan. If Mcsorley can act with such maturity in that moment, I can control my anger sitting in my recliner.

We lost, it sucks, we should have put them away and won, hate Ohio State as much as ever, however I am over it. Michigan State next on 13th..whip their green asses.

Reactions: Sharkies
So you've moved on I take it? Were you there?
I'm able to see the big picture of what Franklin is building. We are playing Ohio St straight up for the last few years while their roster has 3 x as many 5 stars and 2 x as many 4 stars.

Now we are recruiting with them. There were 12 5 star recruits and 60 recruits with 20+ offers for the greatest spectacle in sports. Our freshmen class was top 5 in the country. When all of our classes are there, Ohio St will no longer be able to hang with us. They are slightly underperforming their recruiting rankings and we overperform. When the talent is comparable in a couple of years, they will be in the rear view.

Good luck with that Urban has top classes every year and the 2020 class will be number 1

I am ready for the rest of the season to unfold. This team cleans up a few things and they can achieve greatness. I am confident and proud of them and ready for the next 8 wins in a row.

And a bad loss is what makes the future wins versus Ohio State feel so much better. We are so close, gave them a hell of a game for 4 years straight. We will get there in the next 2-3 years and make the playoffs.

Reactions: Sharkies
And a bad loss is what makes the future wins versus Ohio State feel so much better. We are so close, gave them a hell of a game for 4 years straight. We will get there in the next 2-3 years and make the playoffs.

Not a chance without McSorely, he is your whole team without him you are in trouble.

We got beat by 4tds 4 years ago. Hell of damn nailbiter at the Shoe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT