ADVERTISEMENT

FloPro vs TrackWrestling vs BTN+ vs ESPN+ vs ....

PSUbluTX

Feb 7, 2018
I've often wished we had a centralized sticky thread where people would post reviews and recommendations RE the various options for online/tv viewing of college wrestling, paid and unpaid, live streams and other content, current promos & discounts (if they even exist), etc. It would be a great companion to ItalianLion's awesome "PSU Video & Audio Streams Options" spreadsheet. Folks post helpful insights in random threads, like dbldoofus' recent grumbles about FloPro and TrackWrestling in the Bearcat Open and Clarion Open threads. But it would be helpful to have that kind of info collected in a central location.

I've decided to bite the bullet this year and make a couple extra visits to the plasma center so I can afford to subscribe to a paid service (;)). Like 86PSUPaul, I'm leaning toward trying out the BTN+ $10 monthly pass (just PSU pass, not Conference pass). FloPro seems great, but I'm only interested in wrestling, it appears you can't buy just a monthly pass, and $150 for the year is hard to get past my dear CFO.

If anyone has thoughts/suggestions on how to view wrestling streams on a budget, I'm sure there are others like me who would appreciate your feedback.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
I use BTN Plus all fall through the end of wrestling season. For $10, you get not just wrestling, but basketball, hockey, and lacrosse in the spring ( if you decide to keep it). I think it is a great deal...

I've had Flo pro for a year now and just renewed for another $150. I really enjoy it and have not had the bandwidth or streaming issues others complain about on here.

I also watch road cycling and cyclocross and Flo has coverage of both. I add NBC Sports Gold cycling for $30 per year (I think) and can watch nearly all the cycling I want.

I stream Flo via Roku. There is now a search function on the Flo Roku app so you can find all the content that is on the Flo website. Last year there was very limited content available on Flo roku and no way to search for it.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
I also watch road cycling and cyclocross and Flo has coverage of both. I add NBC Sports Gold cycling for $30 per year (I think) and can watch nearly all the cycling I want.
Intriguing. Professional cycling is one of my other favorite sports. I’m assuming you get NBC Sports Gold for the grand tours? Does Flo broadcast any notable international cycling events?

Reactions: PSUaggie
Intriguing. Professional cycling is one of my other favorite sports. I’m assuming you get NBC Sports Gold for the grand tours? Does Flo broadcast any notable international cycling events?

Flo carries the Giro, some of the spring classics, many of the European national championships and some of the lesser tours (like Tour of Utah, Tour de Suisse, Tour of the Alps). If you add NBC Sports Gold you can watch nearly all the major events.

If I wasn't into wrestling I don't think Flo has enough cycling content to get me at $150 but it's a nice bonus. Plus my wife likes cycling so that's where the CFO approval comes from :)

Reactions: PSUbluTX
I paid $17 to watch the Bearcat Open and wish I didnt. Track's ppv model is great for wrestling families and awful for wrestling fans. There's a way to please both, but they don't care. 3rd year in a row they have decided that this model works for them.

If you wanted to watch the World Championships and a handful of other events these last few weeks, it'd run you over $100 for a month.

I had BTN+ and FLOwrestling. I also use Trackwrestling….free edition...but occasionally paid for a special event. Last year and this year I only pay for FLO. I have had the same computer, router etc. for all 3 years. The first year and a half...….I had a good many times where FLO froze and I had to log out and re-enter. I have not had that problem in a while.....so FLO has definitely upgraded something. The video quality is excellent ( after about 5 seconds ). With so many big high school events and the various WNO events......it is the best bargain for me.....by far. I still check out Intermat and Track for info....results, rating etc. But for me...…..FLO is well worth the yearly fee. I enjoy the banter...the personal articles on Brands, Conel, Suriano etc. and now that they are doing a lot of BIG 10 wrestling.....I am definitely a lifer. Are they perfect? No...….but for 12.00 a month.....I'll buy cheaper wine and eat off the dollar menu a few times. Definitely worth it to me...…. PS: FLO......I need a job :)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT