ADVERTISEMENT

Fleming coming back Home

Yes! God damn right! Comes in right away as our number 1! Now go get Lucas and we got it going on!

I don’t care about the recruitment drama, I want Fleming. Maybe he’s not #1 but he’s close, and probably better then the entirety of our WR room. OSU fans are saying they’ll miss his blocking more than anything, which is something our current receivers do poorly.

Also, the other possible WR options on the board right now aren’t great. You’re realistically talking about a return guy with limited production against good teams and top-100 high school bust that’s looking to crack the lineup anywhere.

I don’t care about the recruitment drama, I want Fleming. Maybe he’s not #1 but he’s close, and probably better then the entirety of our WR room. OSU fans are saying they’ll miss his blocking more than anything, which is something our current receivers do poorly.

Also, the other possible WR options on the board right now aren’t great. You’re realistically talking about a return guy with limited production against good teams and top-100 high school bust that’s looking to crack the lineup anywhere.
200w.gif

???? I'd love to get him
I think the people crying over him not picking us to start with and now don't want him are ridiculous
Agreed. I never understood people getting angry with any recruit going elsewhere, and in the current day of NIL and the portal it seems hypocritical to criticize any player who changes teams when your favorite team is out there recruiting the portal.

If Fleming comes to PSU, that's great as I think he'd improve our WR room. But he's really not the "game changer" that we desperately need and I would hope we would still be very active in the portal for any higher caliber receivers.
I won't argue the point but tOSU has had some really great WRs in Mazirati Marv and Egbuka. When you throw in the TE and need for a running game, there are only so many plays. Harrison may return which would keep Fleming from being the feature WR. I think he's looking for a place where he is the featured WR. PSU, with Allar and an inventive OC, would be a great place for him just as Purdue was for Charlie Sizzle (now on the Bengals deep roster).

If Fleming comes to PSU, that's great as I think he'd improve our WR room. But he's really not the "game changer" that we desperately need and I would hope we would still be very active in the portal for any higher caliber receiver
Whether he’s a game changer or not. Or whether he’s our number 1 receiver or not we need him. Helll, we don’t even have a number 2 receiver. Or anyone that can block. If he’s a good downfield blocker that got’s to be great news for Singleton.

Just what Penn State needs, more injury prone wide receivers. If Harrison comes back he's out of his mind. Tons of OSU players are jumping ship. Someone help me here... When those other wide receivers referenced above were hurt and out what were his contributions? I don't recall that they were that significant. But if I'm wrong please correct me.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Remember the #4 WR from OSU a few years back who transferred, to all places, "Bama" who were happy to get him. Had a heck of a year with Bama and ended up as a #1 NFL Draft Choice!

Reactions: NedFromYork
Here is the thing....part of the problem we have had at WR was the scheme. Look at the possibility of what we could hand the new OC:

Malik McClain- 4 Star
Julian Fleming- 5 Star
Andre Green Jr- 4 Star
Eh. Fleming is by far our best option, which is why we should be pushing for this. He’s WR1 right away.

McClain is what he is at this point. FSU fans said he was inconsistent and he showed exactly that this year. Hell, I would say he was consistently bad after WVU.

Andre Green is entering year 3 without cracking the lineup at pass happy UNC. His only other suitor is UVA. Seems like a commonly overrated WR bust. I’d pass.

Eh. Fleming is by far our best option, which is why we should be pushing for this. He’s WR1 right away.

McClain is what he is at this point. FSU fans said he was inconsistent and he showed exactly that this year. Hell, I would say he was consistently bad after WVU.

Andre Green is entering year 3 without cracking the lineup at pass happy UNC. His only other suitor is UVA. Seems like a commonly overrated WR bust. I’d pass.

I feel like pretty much what you said about the other guys can easily apply to Fleming (inconsistent, overrate, bust). Again, I think he would improve PSU because our WR room was poor last year but he has just as much upside/downside as other options on the team. Who knows who will be able to break out from their rut among the potential candidates on the team.

I feel like pretty much what you said about the other guys can easily apply to Fleming (inconsistent, overrate, bust). Again, I think he would improve PSU because our WR room was poor last year but he has just as much upside/downside as other options on the team. Who knows who will be able to break out from their rut among the potential candidates on the team.
Pretty uneducated take. Even throwing Harrison Wallace’s stats below (who can’t stay healthy) as he’s considered our WR1 next year.

IMO, you go hard getting Fleming to be WR1. Hope Wallace stays healthy, convince Cephas to stay one more year and learn the playbook, and convince Evans not to transfer. And maybe Denmark or Martin make an impact at FR. Hopefully keep the TE room intact. We don’t have the NIL or WR clout to do much better in the portal.

Career stats:

Fleming (as #3 behind 4 first round picks)
79 rec
963 yards
12.2/catch
7 TD

McClain
39 rec
467 yards
12/catch
6 TD

Green JR
5 rec, 43 yards

Wallace III
34 rec
434 yards
13/catch
1 TD

Fleming (as #3 behind 4 first round picks)
79 rec
963 yards
12.2/catch
7 TD
Here's the list of receivers he's had to share snaps with
Chris Olave (1st round)
Garrett Wilson (1st round)
Smith-Njigba (1st round)
Marvin Harrison jr (future 1st round)
Emeka Ebuka (might return or possible 1st round)
And he came in the same class as Jamison Williams (1st round).

He was never their number 1 guy but the fact that he's seen as many snaps as he did has to say something.

Reactions: gogolion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT