ADVERTISEMENT

First Time Going To Wrestling Banquet Sunday.

therod

Jul 9, 2002
Can someone who attended these in the past kindly give a brief outlook as to what I should expect. Are awards presented? Do you mingle with the wrestlers and coaching staff? Do you sign in somewhere and are you assigned a table or is it first come first served? Anything else you think might be helpful? Thanks in advance.

Can someone who attended these in the past kindly give a brief outlook as to what I should expect. Are awards presented? Do you mingle with the wrestlers and coaching staff? Do you sign in somewhere and are you assigned a table or is it first come first served? Anything else you think might be helpful? Thanks in advance.

When you arrive, you'll pick up your name tag. Sitting and standing around outside the Banquet Room, mingling with whoever you want...with light snacks and a cash bar. Doors will open, sit where you want. Buffet style, table-by-table. There will be a program at your seat. Yes, there are awards, bunches of them, followed by comments from the PSWC, the team, and Coach Cael. Jeff Byers is the MC, and the wrestlers will hang around afterwards for the fans. Hope this helps.

Reactions: therod
When you arrive, you'll pick up your name tag. Sitting and standing around outside the Banquet Room, mingling with whoever you want...with light snacks and a cash bar. Doors will open, sit where you want. Buffet style, table-by-table. There will be a program at your seat. Yes, there are awards, bunches of them, followed by comments from the PSWC, the team, and Coach Cael. Jeff Byers is the MC, and the wrestlers will hang around afterwards for the fans. Hope this helps.
Yes it does help, thanks for taking the time to reply. Just one more question. I know it ultimately depends how long you stay after, but can you give an approximate time as to when it is all wrapped up? There are six of us coming and one or two have other plans later that evening and are just wondering. Thanks again.

Yes it does help, thanks for taking the time to reply. Just one more question. I know it ultimately depends how long you stay after, but can you give an approximate time as to when it is all wrapped up? There are six of us coming and one or two have other plans later that evening and are just wondering. Thanks again.

I would say it will be all over by 4, is that about right Roar? See y'all there!!

Roar, any way of finding out what Rasheed will wrestle next year and status of Cassar. thanks

Your going to have a blast and you'll find the kids are very approachable.

I'm heading to the Phillies game or would be joining you fine people.

Someone please post the video they do as a season recap. I always enjoy those.

Your going to have a blast and you'll find the kids are very approachable.

I'm heading to the Phillies game or would be joining you fine people.

Someone please post the video they do as a season recap. I always enjoy those.
Today is the Phanatic's Birthday -- so don't be surprised to see Dunk sporting one of these:

CgPwXTYUkAAETZt.jpg

Sure hope that everyone that attended had an enjoyable time;

MC: Jeff Byers

Ed Sulkowski Award (dedication and hard work): Shirley Bennett

Outstanding Alumnus Award: Don Watkins (an amazing speech acceptance speech!!, read by JB)

Carl A. Winterburn Award: Manager Award: Shared by 3 Seniors, Sarah Graber, Rachel Sackett, Claudia Bogdan

Ridge Riley Awards and Ernie Lucas Awards: Multiple Wrestlers

Charles M. Speidel Award (most takedowns): Jason Nolf

Bill Koll Award (most pins): Jason Nolf

Joe Scalzo Award (most points): Zain Retherford

Most Bonus Points Scored Award: Zain Retherford

Academic Excellence, 1st Year: Domenic Giannangeli

Academic Excellence, 2nd Year: Devon Van Cura

Academic Excellence, 3rd Year: Zain Retherford

Academic Excellence, 4th Year: Geno Morelli

Academic Excellence, 5th Year: Nico Megaludis

Community Service Award: Matt McCutcheon

Kay Vinson Award (most improved): Jordan Conaway

Perseverance Award: Nico Megaludis

Total Commitment Award: Nico Megaludis

Leadership Award: Morgan McIntosh

All American Awards: Nico Megaludis, Jordan Conaway, Zain Retherford, Jason Nolf, Bo Nickal, Morgan McIntosh

William Neidig Award (outstanding wrestler): Zain Retherford

Last edited:
We had an awesome time, sat with Coach Lorenzo. Great event as always.

Sure hope that everyone that attended had an enjoyable time;

MC: Jeff Byers

Ed Sulkowski Award (dedication and hard work): Shirley Bennett

Outstanding Alumnus Award: Don Watkins (an amazing speech acceptance speech!!, read by JB)

Carl A. Winterburn Award: Manager Award: Shared by 3 Seniors, Sarah Graber, Rachel Sackett, Claudia Bogdan

Ridge Riley Awards and Ernie Lucas Awards: Multiple Wrestlers

Charles M. Speidel Award (most takedowns): Jason Nolf

Bill Koll Award (most pins): Jason Nolf

Joe Scalzo Award (most points): Zain Retherford

Most Bonus Points Scored Award: Zain Retherford

Academic Excellence, 1st Year: Domenic Giannangeli

Academic Excellence, 2nd Year: Devon Van Cura

Academic Excellence, 3rd Year: Zain Retherford

Academic Excellence, 4th Year: Geno Morelli

Academic Excellence, 5th Year: Nico Megaludis

Community Service Award: Matt McCutcheon

Kay Vinson Award (most improved): Jordan Conaway

Perseverance Award: Nico Megaludis

Total Commitment Award: Nico Megaludis

Leadership Award: Morgan McIntosh

All American Awards: Nico Megaludis, Jordan Conaway, Zain Retherford, Jason Nolf, Bo Nickal, Morgan McIntosh

William Neidig Award (outstanding wrestler): Zain Retherford

I googled the video last night when I got home and came up with nothing. Wasnt one done or maybe it just wasnt loaded to the interweb yet???

I googled the video last night when I got home and came up with nothing. Wasnt one done or maybe it just wasnt loaded to the interweb yet???
Yes, one was done...and shown at the banquet...just not made available yet by media relations.

Reactions: dunkej01
Mongolia, Jr. World qualfiers, Jr. Worlds and the olympics. More to come banger. LT's tonight on me.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
Mongolia, Jr. World qualfiers, Jr. Worlds and the olympics. More to come banger. LT's tonight on me.

Far be it for me to pass up free booze Lyco, but we have a suite at BJC for Springsteen tonight.

Also, who is going to UWW Juniors? Registration list comes out Wednesday night, but who wants to wait that long? I know Cassar, Nickal, Stout, and Joseph are Junior eligible, but unsure about others.

The video is usually on the GoPSUTV youtube page. They have all of the previous wrestling banquet videos posted. I'm a big fan of them as they are usually really well done.

Also, who is going to UWW Juniors? Registration list comes out Wednesday night, but who wants to wait that long? I know Cassar, Nickal, Stout, and Joseph are Junior eligible, but unsure about others.

Speaking of Cassar...anyone have the latest?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT