ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Shrewsbury

Psugo823

Aug 17, 2021
Allow me to present the official Parkhill/Dunn/DeChellis/Chambers/Shrews apologist post officially sanctioned by Erial Lion and The late Uncle Larry Fall:

It's ok Shrew(or insert another name of the above)is the best coach there is in the B1G 10. Sure his team can't defend anyone but everyone on this board will tell you he's an amazing architect of offensive plays. If the team went cold that long, they were going against a perenial national title contender. He just needs 3-4-5 more years in the portal to build his team

Frankly it's a truly unique and amazing feat that Penn State has been the nation's worst power five school in basketball over 57 years and has almost incredibly only gone to FIVE ncaa tournaments in FIFTY SEVEN YEARS. A unique and amazing run of incompetence and doormat failure.

Mr Kraft...we need you now...not in 7 years.

Allow me to present the official Parkhill/Dunn/DeChellis/Chambers/Shrews apologist post officially sanctioned by Erial Lion and The late Uncle Larry Fall:

It's ok Shrew(or insert another name of the above)is the best coach there is in the B1G 10. Sure his team can't defend anyone but everyone on this board will tell you he's an amazing architect of offensive plays. If the team went cold that long, they were going against a perenial national title contender. He just needs 3-4-5 more years in the portal to build his team

Frankly it's a truly unique and amazing feat that Penn State has been the nation's worst power five school in basketball over 57 years and has almost incredibly only gone to FIVE ncaa tournaments in FIFTY SEVEN YEARS. A unique and amazing run of incompetence and doormat failure.

Mr Kraft...we need you now...not in 7 years.
2:30 am post? Someone's been hitting the sauce.

Hope everyone in the Champs parking lots came away unscathed from a Gunsie bender…
I ain't ginsie there pumpkin... and thank GOD I'm not an apologist like you...

How's your boy DeChellis doing? Should I remind the board how you said THE EXACT SAME CRAP About him as you did Pat and now Micah.? 😆 🤣 😂

I ain't ginsie there pumpkin... and thank GOD I'm not an apologist like you...

How's your boy DeChellis doing? Should I remind the board how you said THE EXACT SAME CRAP About him as you did Pat and now Micah.? 😆 🤣 😂
At least be honest Miles. Lying is a bad character trait (as is leaving the board and coming back under a new name every time you make a fool of yourself…we’re all still waiting to see Lonny White in blue and white after you guaranteed it).

Ed is doing ok, enjoying following his Navy team, though could see him retiring any season now. And remind anyone about anything that you’d like…both Ed and Pat built their programs to NCAA level teams before they left. I’m sure Athletic Director 21Guns would do the same by firing coaches in their second season and his bottomless budget to lure Coach K out of retirement.

Last edited:
Reactions: dswartz
At least be honest Miles. Lying is a bad character trait (as is leaving the board and coming back under a new name every time you make a fool of yourself…we’re all still waiting to see Lonny White in blue and white after you guaranteed it).
Wtf is Lonnie White? Dude I honestly have no clue what you are talking about and you seriously need to see a shrink about obsession-compulsion over a freaking poster on a sports website 😆

I'll pretend you didn't say that out of respect for the millions of addicts in recovery in this country. Your calice response is insensitive and disrespectful to all of those in recovery.
Nope, not to all of them, just you. When you’re posting at 2:30 am about firing a coach that’s in year 2, then you need to worry more about you than other addicts around the country.

Wtf is Lonnie White? Dude I honestly have no clue what you are talking about and you seriously need to see a shrink about obsession-compulsion over a freaking poster on a sports website 😆
Cool. Can you give me the number for the shrink you’re seeing over your obsession of Unclelar (a guy that hasn’t even posted here in years)?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Nope, not to all of them, just you. When you’re posting at 2:30 am about firing a coach that’s in year 2, then you need to worry more about you than other addicts around the country.
😆 🤣 😂 I could care less what you think bubby.

Cool. Can you give me the number for the shrink you’re seeing over your obsession of Unclelar (a guy that hasn’t even posted here in years)?
Look at you resorting to 6th grade 😆 🤣 😂

How's Eddie DeChellis doing pumpkin?

the program was buried by the unserious coaching search in 2003. The OP mentions 5 NCAA tournaments in 57 years. Three of those happened between 1991 and 2001. It was after firing Dunn that they went in a direction that did not even seem to be D1. At this point, most of would be thrilled with 3 NCAA tournaments every 10 years. More optimistic about Shrewsberry than the previous two coaches.

the program was buried by the unserious coaching search in 2003. The OP mentions 5 NCAA tournaments in 57 years. Three of those happened between 1991 and 2001. It was after firing Dunn that they went in a direction that did not even seem to be D1. At this point, most of would be thrilled with 3 NCAA tournaments every 10 years. More optimistic about Shrewsberry than the previous two coaches.
See, I'm curious as to your optimism? At the power five level nearly all successful coaches have or had previous success AS head coaches rather than as assistants. This is year 2 and next season will be worse...I'm giving him 4 years and I believe no athletic director worth his salt would give more.

See, I'm curious as to your optimism? At the power five level nearly all successful coaches have or had previous success AS head coaches rather than as assistants. This is year 2 and next season will be worse...I'm giving him 4 years and I believe no athletic director worth his salt would give more.
Simple, he looks like a better coach and has a better pedigree. Working under Brad Stevens and Matt Painter is better than short stints as HC at ETSU or Boston U.

4 years sounds right. We have a history of giving 8 or 9

Simple, he looks like a better coach and has a better pedigree. Working under Brad Stevens and Matt Painter is better than short stints as HC at ETSU or Boston U.

4 years sounds right. We have a history of giving 8 or 9
That's exactly what that is: History. Kraft is different.

That's exactly what that is: History. Kraft is different.
Good. I wish he was here in 2003 when they all but destroyed the program. Looking at the final 6 games, PSU could win any or all of them so this season is not over yet.

Meanwhile……Pitt is in first place in the ACC, a pretty good league. This after things at Pitt were so bad that not only were the fans calling for him to fired but something like 6-7 players all portalled out last year, including most of the starters.(All but one IIRC). He had two horrific years…..now in year three in first place, multiple wins over ranked teams, and just about a lock for the big dance and a decent seed.

Reactions: AWS1022
Meanwhile……Pitt is in first place in the ACC, a pretty good league. This after things at Pitt were so bad that not only were the fans calling for him to fired but something like 6-7 players all portalled out last year, including most of the starters.(All but one IIRC). He had two horrific years…..now in year three in first place, multiple wins over ranked teams, and just about a lock for the big dance and a decent seed.
Cool. You see this kind if turnaround for Shrewsbury next season?

Look how many good coaches would have been fired if they were only given two years.

Look how many good coaches would have been fired if they were only given two years.
Two years is ridiculous, but the OP has a valid point. PSU held on to DeChellis + Chambers for 17 years. If you go back and count Dunn, that's 25 years. They hold on to coaches forever when they are not working out.

Two years is ridiculous, but the OP has a valid point. PSU held on to DeChellis + Chambers for 17 years. If you go back and count Dunn, that's 25 years. They hold on to coaches forever when they are not working out.
Chambers came very close to the dance several times. And got screwed out of a sure invite by Wuhan. Who knows what would have happened had we got in, won a couple, and got attention from a few quality recruits.

Reactions: Online Persona
Chambers came very close to the dance several times. And got screwed out of a sure invite by Wuhan. Who knows what would have happened had we got in, won a couple, and got attention from a few quality recruits.

He was on track to go once. and that team was declining when the epidemic hit

I hoped he would succeed here but saw him get outcoached about 20+ times per season.

hiring DeChellis was only modestly above this level.
Ed was the top recruiter on many of our best players in program history at that point, and also led a team to the NCAA Tournament at the D1 level...the jump from winning at D3 to winning at D1 is enormous, even if you ignored his resume as an assistant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT