Appalachian State is a big draw.
Kent state is a big draw.
Temple is a big draw.
Buffalo is a big draw.
San Diego St.is a big draw.
UMass is a big draw.
Akron is a big draw.

And so on....

Pitt was not replaced by these teams. They were replaced by VT and Auburn. Better teams than Pitt. The teams you mentioned replaced Ga Southern....or played PSU. I grew up in Pitt and frankly Temple is a better draw. Pitt and Nar-
nobody....screwed themselves.

The pitt football program is now at the same level as Akron, Toledo, Nevada, etc. and it is falling fast. We should only play them if they agree to play at our place. They are not worthy of a home and home series with us. It is that simple.
They beat a Miami team that HAD to beat them. They beat Clemson at Clemson. They beat us. Put simply, they seem to have the ability to squirrel somebody's season and they still are respected by espn.. which apparently matters to the morons who determine who is/isn't in the final 4.

I think they're pond scum but they are pond scum who can ruin ur day. Better to find a name team to play (and possibly lose to) than spitt.... nothing good in the win, and everything bad in a loss.

They beat a Miami team that HAD to beat them. They beat Clemson at Clemson. They beat us. Put simply, they seem to have the ability to squirrel somebody's season and they still are respected by espn.. which apparently matters to the morons who determine who is/isn't in the final 4.

I think they're pond scum but they are pond scum who can ruin ur day. Better to find a name team to play (and possibly lose to) than spitt.... nothing good in the win, and everything bad in a loss.
respected by espn? Even espn is mocking the yellow seats at Heinz field on Game Day.

I'm fine with giving Pitt credit for those three wins. They've earned it. But I don't think they're "respected". They weren't respected when we were left out for Washington. It was considered a bad loss. We just didn't have enough quality wins to make up for it.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I'm fine with giving Pitt credit for those three wins. They've earned it. But I don't think they're "respected". They weren't respected when we were left out for Washington. It was considered a bad loss. We just didn't have enough quality wins to make up for it.
On second thoughgt, I'm going to agree with you (and a previous poster)... despite some very high quality wins (and the win against us was before we became the tema we were later), they did not garnish much respect from the people who make the decisions and it hurt us.

And I agree that all those yellow seats at Heinz have become a huge part of that loss of respect... so yes, we'd be better parting company. One of those cases where a win buys you only the expected W, but a loss can kill the year.

I didn't go to the Pitt game last year to see a good game, like I will with Va. Tech and Auburn. I went to the Pitt game to watch them loose by 60pts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT