ADVERTISEMENT

Film Study - PSU D vs. Illinois

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020
PSU D vs ILL FILM STUDY

See Link. Focused more on stuff that will be tested later in the season vs. OSU and Michigan (coverage/handling run fits) instead of just cycling through all the turnovers and splash plays. Illinois probably has the most diverse run scheme of any team in the Big Ten (note: most diverse run game as far as they throw the kitchen sink at you...not necessarily the best run scheme) so it was encouraging to see PSU handle it for the most part -- Illinois had 29 carries for 62 yards.

PSU D vs ILL FILM STUDY

See Link. Focused more on stuff that will be tested later in the season vs. OSU and Michigan (coverage/handling run fits) instead of just cycling through all the turnovers and splash plays. Illinois probably has the most diverse run scheme of any team in the Big Ten (note: most diverse run game as far as they throw the kitchen sink at you...not necessarily the best run scheme) so it was encouraging to see PSU handle it for the most part -- Illinois had 29 carries for 62 yards.
I feel a little better about the DEs after watching this. Also feels like between wv

Reactions: Obliviax
I feel a little better about the DEs after watching this. Also feels like between wv
yeah...I didn't do my "observations" post this week but a quick peak at the stats shows a much better story than what we thought we say Saturday afternoon.

Penn State really dominated the game and it could just as easily have been a blowout if we eliminate some mistakes and complete drives. #4 really hurt us all day long. Without him, we win easily. But we did make mistakes and #4 was there. The unsportsmanlike on KLS ended up resulting in a ten to fourteen-point swing.

We all expected ILL to be a tough test coming into the season. Then, watching them play poorly against Kansas and Toledo, we expected an easy win. With all of that, we beat the spread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT