ADVERTISEMENT

fc Rutgers OG Marcus Applefield to leave as a graduate transfer....

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...pplefield-leaving-rutgers-as-a-grad-transfer/

bruptly, and unexpectedly, Rutgers has a hole in the middle of its offensive line to fill.

Wednesday, starting offensive lineman Marcus Applefield took to Twitter to announce that he has chosen to leave RU. No reason for the departure was even hinted at in the lineman’s tweet.

Applefield will be leaving the Scarlet Knight Knights as a graduate transfer, meaning he can use his final season of eligibility in 2018 if he lands at another FBS program.

Marcus Applefield@applefield71

I would like to thank Rutgers University and the state of New Jersey for the past four years.I’ve had an amazing time and will love my brothers here forever. I have chosen to play my last year at another program.#jerseylove

5:44 PM - Dec 5, 2017
This past season, Applefield started 10 of 12 games at right guard for the Scarlet Knights. All told, he played in 27 games the past three seasons after taking a redshirt as a true freshman in 2014.

Each of the last three years, Applefield, a three-star recruit coming out of high school in Florida, was an Academic All-Big Ten selection.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...pplefield-leaving-rutgers-as-a-grad-transfer/

bruptly, and unexpectedly, Rutgers has a hole in the middle of its offensive line to fill.

Wednesday, starting offensive lineman Marcus Applefield took to Twitter to announce that he has chosen to leave RU. No reason for the departure was even hinted at in the lineman’s tweet.

Applefield will be leaving the Scarlet Knight Knights as a graduate transfer, meaning he can use his final season of eligibility in 2018 if he lands at another FBS program.

Marcus Applefield@applefield71

I would like to thank Rutgers University and the state of New Jersey for the past four years.I’ve had an amazing time and will love my brothers here forever. I have chosen to play my last year at another program.#jerseylove

5:44 PM - Dec 5, 2017
This past season, Applefield started 10 of 12 games at right guard for the Scarlet Knights. All told, he played in 27 games the past three seasons after taking a redshirt as a true freshman in 2014.

Each of the last three years, Applefield, a three-star recruit coming out of high school in Florida, was an Academic All-Big Ten selection.

transferring to West Virginia

Reactions: TheGLOV
rutgres always has a hole in the middle of their offensive line, even with a complete lineup.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Dont know about him at all but good for him. That is what the rule was meant for, a hard working kid who graduates on time. I know we dont get these type of kids often but its 1 rule the NCAA actually got right

Reactions: 83wuzme
Rutgers played us and Mich. tough. Their D defended the run real well, Trace's running hurt them earlier. They are working diligently to upgrade their recruiting. They will surprise some teams next year. Now, the transfer, it hurts no doubt. Good luck to player in question.

Rutgers has a football team?
bigfoot.jpg

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT