ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Zach Smith in the news....

A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

Talking about his plea deal.

https://deadspin.com/zach-smith-is-gloating-online-about-his-disorderly-cond-1829950970

Former Ohio State wide receivers coach Zach Smith pled guilty to disorderly conduct Tuesday, as part of an arrangement that brings some closure to multiple allegations of domestic abuse made by Courtney Smith, his ex-wife. The deal reportedly also includes a protection order:

Courtney Smith was granted another protection order over the summer, when she accused her ex-husband of stalking and terrorizing her and trespassing at her home multiple times. Zach Smith mischaracterized the plea arrangement on Twitter as a de facto exoneration, leaving out the part where he pled guilty to a crime:

Smith characterizes the protection order as “a Mutual Protection Order,” which would apparently protect him from being “in a situation to get falsely accused of anything ever again.” And, because he is an extraordinarily Mad Online person, he continued going in on Brett McMurphy, who has tracked this story and reported it out from the beginning:

Ohio State fired Smith in July, three days after Courtney Smith filed her domestic violence civil protection order against him.

Talking about his plea deal.

https://deadspin.com/zach-smith-is-gloating-online-about-his-disorderly-cond-1829950970

Former Ohio State wide receivers coach Zach Smith pled guilty to disorderly conduct Tuesday, as part of an arrangement that brings some closure to multiple allegations of domestic abuse made by Courtney Smith, his ex-wife. The deal reportedly also includes a protection order:

Courtney Smith was granted another protection order over the summer, when she accused her ex-husband of stalking and terrorizing her and trespassing at her home multiple times. Zach Smith mischaracterized the plea arrangement on Twitter as a de facto exoneration, leaving out the part where he pled guilty to a crime:

Smith characterizes the protection order as “a Mutual Protection Order,” which would apparently protect him from being “in a situation to get falsely accused of anything ever again.” And, because he is an extraordinarily Mad Online person, he continued going in on Brett McMurphy, who has tracked this story and reported it out from the beginning:

Ohio State fired Smith in July, three days after Courtney Smith filed her domestic violence civil protection order against him.

He's such a GD tool boasting about this on social media. He may honestly be the dumbest person around if he thinks he is getting a job anytime soon doing a victory lap for taking a plea deal. Then again he's the type of man who hits a woman so we know he is about 51 cards short of a full deck.

He's such a GD tool boasting about this on social media. He may honestly be the dumbest person around if he thinks he is getting a job anytime soon doing a victory lap for taking a plea deal. Then again he's the type of man who hits a woman so we know he is about 51 cards short of a full deck.

I love how all of his defenders ignore the text message where he admitted to choking his wife. Pretty sure that’s domestic abuse.

McMurphy hanging on to his 1 shining moment. Zach Smith was justly fired and his chances at finding a decent job are pretty much zero. I wonder who will support the children? Perhaps Mc Murphy will pick up the financial slack?

No your a bafoon.
No, you’re a towel

47a077298d5759561b561d94e3e47cb9.jpg

I love how all of his defenders ignore the text message where he admitted to choking his wife. Pretty sure that’s domestic abuse.

I love how all of the OSU haters here ignore that Courtney Smith's own mother said he was just trying to get her off of him.

Also, how some of the people here and the media say he was convicted of a crime and leave out that the "crime" was disorderly conduct which is a minor misdemeanor and the equivalent of a parking ticket. The minor misdemeanor was being in his own vehicle in the driveway of CS. Further, CS as part of the settlement, with the assistance of her own attorney, admitted that ZS did not commit acts of violence in reference to their current dispute. https://www.thelantern.com/2018/10/zach-smith-reaches-plea-deal-in-disorderly-conduct-lawsuit/

So, all of the national attention and hysteria, was precipitated by ZS being in a driveway and doing nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: kevina001
I love how all of the OSU haters here ignore that Courtney Smith's own mother said he was just trying to get her off of him.

Also, how some of the people here and the media say he was convicted of a crime and leave out that the "crime" was disorderly conduct which is a minor misdemeanor and the equivalent of a parking ticket. The minor misdemeanor was being in his own vehicle in the driveway of CS. Further, CS as part of the settlement, with the assistance of her own attorney, admitted that ZS did not commit acts of violence in reference to their current dispute. https://www.thelantern.com/2018/10/zach-smith-reaches-plea-deal-in-disorderly-conduct-lawsuit/

So, all of the national attention and hysteria, was precipitated by ZS being in a driveway and doing nothing.

He's your hero

Reactions: Connorpozlee
I thought you had me on ignore. Can't dispute my actual statements, so you make up something ridiculously incorrect about my own beliefs.

ZS is an idiot and a bad coach. However, Meyer keeping a bad coach on the staff out of misguided loyalty to his mentor doesn't make Meyer a bad coach or person.
I don't know about him being a bad coach. I talked to a couple of guys who played for him at Marshall including one still in the NFL and they really liked him and think he got a raw deal and think he coached them well fwiw

Reactions: marshall23
I thought you had me on ignore. Can't dispute my actual statements, so you make up something ridiculously incorrect about my own beliefs.

ZS is an idiot and a bad coach. However, Meyer keeping a bad coach on the staff out of misguided loyalty to his mentor doesn't make Meyer a bad coach or person.

Really, I believe it was the life coach who who is to blame.

I don't know about him being a bad coach. I talked to a couple of guys who played for him at Marshall including one still in the NFL and they really liked him and think he got a raw deal and think he coached them well fwiw

ZS was always the lowest paid assistant coach on Meyer's staff which tends to show the way he was viewed by Meyer. There has been a substantial improvement in the receivers this year as Hartline took over as coach -- they all look good, but Campbell and Victor have made really big strides.

Also, before the Courtney Smith stuff became news, ZS would sometimes make really juvenile tweets dissing other coaches & players. A lot of people at OSU, including me, were not thrilled with the tweets.

Also, OSU historically has had really good receivers. One team under Tressel had 3 first round draft picks playing on the same team. Santonio Holmes, Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzalez. I don't think there has been one receiver who has been a first-round pick under Meyer. Of course, Michael Thomas was a 2d round pick who has done fantastically well for the N.O. Saints.

ZS was always the lowest paid assistant coach on Meyer's staff which tends to show the way he was viewed by Meyer. There has been a substantial improvement in the receivers this year as Hartline took over as coach -- they all look good, but Campbell and Victor have made really big strides.

Also, before the Courtney Smith stuff became news, ZS would sometimes make really juvenile tweets dissing other coaches & players. A lot of people at OSU, including me, were not thrilled with the tweets.

Also, OSU historically has had really good receivers. One team under Tressel had 3 first round draft picks playing on the same team. Santonio Holmes, Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzalez. I don't think there has been one receiver who has been a first-round pick under Meyer. Of course, Michael Thomas was a 2d round pick who has done fantastically well for the N.O. Saints.
Would Zac Smith be the lowest paid coach nevdise he has the least experience?
BTW what's Tressel have to do with this ?

Would Zac Smith be the lowest paid coach nevdise he has the least experience?
BTW what's Tressel have to do with this ?

Here is a link to OSU assistant salaries. https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/02/ohio_state_salary_and_contract.html He might be the youngest assistant, but Schiano was making 1.5 million and Ryan Day was making 1 million. Typically, the very good OSU assistant coaches move on after 2-4 years. (For instance, Tom Herman) and ZS has been around since 2012, and I believe several years at Florida before that.

The reference to Tressel dealt with the historically under-performing receivers under ZS. In every category, but receivers, UM has been equal or better than Tressel in recruiting. It is hard for me to believe that OSU could go 7 years without one No. 1 draft pick among the receivers. Compare that for instance, to the DBs and the defensive line.

So you are upset because us OSU haters don’t understand what really happened in this whole situation, yet all you OSU fans accuse Joe Paterno of every evil under the sun, making him guilty of hideous crimes, yet he was never convicted of any crime.

So you are upset because us OSU haters don’t understand what really happened in this whole situation, yet all you OSU fans accuse Joe Paterno of every evil under the sun, making him guilty of hideous crimes, yet he was never convicted of any crime.

You are right that there have been many unfair and mean-spirited attacks on Joe Pa from OSU fans. I have stated on multiple occasions that I am a Joe Pa supporter, and I have never said one negative thing about him on this board or any other board since the Jerry Sandusky issue became public.

Also, I am not really significantly upset -- I am merely trying to set the record straight. I realize the media is intrinsically dishonest and biased. For instance, the pos Sporting News had this headline: "Former Ohio State assistant Zach Smith accepts plea deal; Courtney Smith awarded protection order"

Left out is that his plea deal was a functional parking ticket and that all of the parties agreed that he had committed zero violence including, CS, who was represented by a lawyer. Also, at least according to ZS an order was issued against CS. Intentional garbage trying to spin what happened in a way to make ZS look bad and CS look good. Apparently, the dumbos at the Sporting News and other places think that readers spend 10 seconds reading headlines and stop.

Who gives a royal crap about ZS or anything related to O$U.

We’re playing the Iowa “Brown Urine” Hawkeyes this weekend. That’s the only thing that matters for the next 3 days. ;)

Reactions: massimoManca II
Smith is a crazy fool. As you can tell from his tone, HE is the victim here. Sheesh.

I do have you on ignore, but you can hit show ignored content as I knew some fool would be defending Smith...Congrats on being that guy. He choked her....well done. Meyer lied about this and you don't care...even the school didn't buy his story. Meyer has checked out @tOSU....you better hope you win out as this is his swan song....toodles.

McMurphy hanging on to his 1 shining moment. Zach Smith was justly fired and his chances at finding a decent job are pretty much zero. I wonder who will support the children? Perhaps Mc Murphy will pick up the financial slack?
Wait. McMurphy is the villain? He broke this story, and has mainly had his facts straight from the beginning. As for who ought to pick up the slack? Urby, the life coach and the Estate of Earle Bruce woul be my candidates.

McMurphy is just the messenger here. I have no objection to him pounding ZS at least so long as the mopey douche continues playing the victim.

Last edited:
Smith is a crazy fool. As you can tell from his tone, HE is the victim here. Sheesh.

Well, why wouldn’t he think he’s the victim? He has all the OSU fans supporting him and telling him that it is all the ex-wife’s fault. Just witness bucknut in this thread. (Why is he back here again anyway?)

Last edited:
Reactions: demlion
Well, why wouldn’t he think he’s the victim? He has all the OSU fans supporting him and tellin. Him that it is all the ex-wife’s fault. Just witness bucknut in this thread. (Why is he back here again anyway?)
I was wondering why he is all over our board. Shouldn’t he be on the Buckeye board?

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
I was wondering why he is all over our board. Shouldn’t he be on the Buckeye board?

Well, he doesn’t have to convince anybody over there that Smith has been terribly wronged and was just married to an evil shrew. They all believe that already.

Wait. McMurphy is the villain? He broke this story, and has mainly had his facts straight from the beginning. As for who ought to pick up the slack? Urby, the life coach and the Estate of Earle Bruce woul be my candidates.

McMurphy is just the messenger here. I have no objection to him pounding ZS at least so long as the mopey douche continues playing the victim.
McMurphy broke the story and Smith was dismissed, as he should have been. Claiming "victory" when all charges were dropped with a plea of disorderly conduct is hardly proof that Smith is a serial abuser. In your experience as an attorney, is disorderly conduct the charge for spousal abuse? IMO, its yesterday's news and cherry picking what you print is in bad taste. Funny how PSU responded to similar headlines when Tim, Gary and Graham beat all charges except "child endangerment."
The children are innocent victims, who likely have two maladjusted parents. Let the wound heal.

Reactions: dailybuck777
You are right that there have been many unfair and mean-spirited attacks on Joe Pa from OSU fans. I have stated on multiple occasions that I am a Joe Pa supporter, and I have never said one negative thing about him on this board or any other board since the Jerry Sandusky issue became public.

Also, I am not really significantly upset -- I am merely trying to set the record straight. I realize the media is intrinsically dishonest and biased. For instance, the pos Sporting News had this headline: "Former Ohio State assistant Zach Smith accepts plea deal; Courtney Smith awarded protection order"

Left out is that his plea deal was a functional parking ticket and that all of the parties agreed that he had committed zero violence including, CS, who was represented by a lawyer. Also, at least according to ZS an order was issued against CS. Intentional garbage trying to spin what happened in a way to make ZS look bad and CS look good. Apparently, the dumbos at the Sporting News and other places think that readers spend 10 seconds reading headlines and stop.
Many PSU fans are upset that the media continues to talk about a PSU "cover up" etc. Yet the 3 administrators were convicted of a single charge of child endangerment. A child that the prosecutors never identified.
I can't fathom why they think it is okay to dismiss the fact that Smith was convicted of "disorderly conduct."
ZS has problems to be sure. He deserved to be dismissed from his position at OSU. McMurphy has had his moment of fame. The last victory lap, IMO was unwarranted and childish.

Yes. It is McMurphy's fault Zach's future earning potential is basically zero. Maybe if Urban had gone beyond just getting Courtney to keep her mouth shut years ago he would have actually helped Smith avoid pissing his marriage and career down the drain. Maybe Urban will pick up the slack.

Reactions: demlion
Yes. It is McMurphy's fault Zach's future earning potential is basically zero. Maybe if Urban had gone beyond just getting Courtney to keep her mouth shut years ago he would have actually helped Smith avoid pissing his marriage and career down the drain. Maybe Urban will pick up the slack.
I never faulted McMurphy for breaking the story. My objection is his latest victory lap over a disorderly conduct plea.
I say this slow............ZS should have been fired. Likely much sooner than he actually was. UM is guilty of poor judgement and exposing the OSU Football brand to negative publicity etc., a job for which he is paid handsomely I might add.
I am merely saying that its time to let the family heal.

I think a big part of Urbs problem is that ZS knows all the dirt on OSU recruiting etc. He was probably the "bag" man who paid the player, his family or agent to go to OSU. He hasn't said much on that but he will be well paid by OSU rich Boosters to stay quiet. Future earnings may be quite high $$$.

Reactions: sluggo72
McMurphy broke the story and Smith was dismissed, as he should have been. Claiming "victory" when all charges were dropped with a plea of disorderly conduct is hardly proof that Smith is a serial abuser. In your experience as an attorney, is disorderly conduct the charge for spousal abuse? IMO, its yesterday's news and cherry picking what you print is in bad taste. Funny how PSU responded to similar headlines when Tim, Gary and Graham beat all charges except "child endangerment."
The children are innocent victims, who likely have two maladjusted parents. Let the wound heal.

He entered a plea to disorderly. Therefore, all charges were not dismissed. And, I do not need proof beyond a reasonable doubt in order to conclude that he is one of the people responsible for the damage to his kids. A judge does not need proof beyond a reasonable doubt of his abuse to order that he support his own kids--if necessary, by pumping gas in a jerkwater town--but as I said before, were it left up to me he would not have any contact with his kids until he showed an attitude of remorse for the damage he has done to them. That HE is tool enough to continue sniping at McMurphy after having set fire to his own life like he did is all the proof I need that he refuses to get his own role in this. There comes a time when you have to stop the bullshit and own you own choices. This mopey douche has not reached that point yet. Not even close.

Reactions: AvgUser
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT