ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Hack waived....

and I am more then confident in what I post. As I said, just because you dont understand the D, doesnt mean they werent playing it. For the record, you dont learn much from reading an article, its better to log hours in the film room, which I have. BTW who is 14 covering?
Good Day.

Good for you. Be confident. Based on some of the comments you made when you wrote out your list that started our exchange, I suggest you have a former college coach or someone who played at a relatively high level sit with you in that film room. Perhaps Dan Hawkin (the color commentator and former D1 coach) will sit with you. Maybe he can help explain things since you disagree with his on the spot analysis. (Which is same as mine).

We have heard each other out. We are not going to agree. So this conversation is now pointless. Have a good day.

If you think Georgia was playing soft in Q4, then you don’t understand the game well enough to have a meaningful conversation. I am quite confident in my assessment and ability to review film. Georgia was playing the same style of coverage in Q4 as it was in Q1. Pull up any coverage Georgia used in the second half and I will quickly find an example of the same coverage in the first half.

Moreover, most of TM’s critical passes in the game were not dump offs or simple underneath stuff. Just look at the two TD passes in Q4 and some of the critical 3/4th down throws he made.

Football is a game of momentum. The momentum shifted decidedly in Penn State’s favor in Q4. We were moving the ball and Georgia had little in the way of answers to stop us. Remember, Georgia had a 21 point lead on us at one point and we were a Hail Mary away from tying the game. If we had another minute or two on the clock, I am confident we score. If an opponent did to us what we did to Georgia in Q4, I think it would be reasonable to say we were in trouble and I am glad the game ended when it did.

giphy.gif

Good for you. Be confident. Based on some of the comments you made when you wrote out your list that started our exchange, I suggest you have a former college coach or someone who played at a relatively high level sit with you in that film room.

We have heard each other out. We are not going to agree. So this conversation is now pointless. Have a good day.
actually the comments I made were quick notes, and I dummy them down so you could understand. Of all the snaps I broke down, only 1 was man free. Remember you said, ' I am a film junkie. Georgia didn’t play a soft defense in the second half (especially in Q4). I haven’t looked at the film In a long time but I am almost certain they played man free coverage (man coverage with a safety over the top)
so I pointed out the snaps they played soft, which it seems they played more often than not.
Have a good day

actually the comments I made were quick notes, and I dummy them down so you could understand. Of all the snaps I broke down, only 1 was man free. Remember you said, ' I am a film junkie. Georgia didn’t play a soft defense in the second half (especially in Q4). I haven’t looked at the film In a long time but I am almost certain they played man free coverage (man coverage with a safety over the top)
so I pointed out the snaps they played soft, which it seems they played more often than not.
Have a good day
you do realize the guy you are arguing with played football at PSU right?

Reactions: BBrown
Congratulations to him! But really, when you break down the film, what he says is wrong, thats all. When you see the safeties sitting at 17 yds deep prior to the snap, and the corner at 7-8 yds deep as in my first clip, you cant say UGA wasnt playing soft

Congratulations to him! But really, when you break down the film, what he says is wrong, thats all. When you see the safeties sitting at 17 yds deep prior to the snap, and the corner at 7-8 yds deep as in my first clip, you cant say UGA wasnt playing soft
you're off your rocker

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT