ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Hack waived....

Ouch!

From the ESPN Article regarding his release,

"A second-round pick of the Jets in 2016, Hackenberg was the first quarterback in more than 30 years who was drafted in the first two rounds and didn't play a snap in his first two seasons."

Maybe he went too early. Good Luck to him.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ALL FRANKLIN'S FAULT, OBV. "HE RUINED HIM."

giphy.gif

Reactions: Connorpozlee
Potential can be a cruel mistress. Sport is not chemistry. No formula to be mixed and receive consistent results. Count the first round baseball draft choices that never see the show. Sooner or later, potential must translate into consistent performance. If Christian wants to chase his dream, he may have to look into NFL Europe or something of that nature.

At this point, I think the best thing for CH is some "time off" to decompress.

He has the talent, but his mind is interfering with his natural physical abilities. It appears that he has lost confidence in himself. I think that if he takes a year or two off, gains perspective and seeks out someone who understands his strengths and weaknesses, he could become the next Kurt Warner.

Last edited:
Reactions: step.eng69
At this point, I think the best thing for CH is some "time off" to decompress.

He has the talent, but his mind is interfering with his natural physical abilities. It appears that he has lost confidence in himself. I think that if he takes a year or two off, gains perspective and seeks out someone who understands his strengths and weaknesses, he could become the next Kurt Warner.
wow .... you really think that?

Reactions: Al_Tuna and TheGLOV
As some of us have pointed out, it seems like he just does not have "it."

For whatever reason, he lacks the talent necessary to be a field general at the NFL level. Occasionally being able to sling the ball doesn't cut it. It just gets you cut, if that is all you've got.

I do not get the folks who constantly insist that he "has the talent." Pure BS.

Reactions: Al_Tuna
Potential can be a cruel mistress. Sport is not chemistry. No formula to be mixed and receive consistent results. Count the first round baseball draft choices that never see the show. Sooner or later, potential must translate into consistent performance. If Christian wants to chase his dream, he may have to look into NFL Europe or something of that nature.

Better be "something of that nature" because NFL Europe has been out of business for more than ten years. Maybe the XFL, but that's two years off.

Reactions: Sharkies
He was never the QB "HE" & his parents thought he was!

Period.
And add his brother to that list. He made some disparaging remarks about Coach Franklin IIRC. Always wise to remember the adage "be careful how you treat people on your way to the top. They are the same people you will meet on your way back down".

Reactions: Sharkies
And add his brother to that list. He made some disparaging remarks about Coach Franklin IIRC. Always wise to remember the adage "be careful how you treat people on your way to the top. They are the same people you will meet on your way back down".
Funny, then, that Franklin's staff continues to invite him back for games and to stand on the sidelines.

This is certainly not surprising news. Stu is for him.
That said, even though it was somewhat overhyped in my opinion his freshman season at Penn State makes O’Brien look like a quarterback Svengali.

so...the evidence points to a conclusion but your rumors are somehow more factual? OK.
Obli, not rumors. In Hacks junior year his brother, who I believe was also a PSU athlete, posted critiques on social media that contained references to PSU having a Ferrari and not knowing how to use it. It was ugly. I'm sure others will either recall it or can quote it more eloquently than I.

Obli, not rumors. In Hacks junior year his brother, who I believe was also a PSU athlete, posted critiques on social media that contained references to PSU having a Ferrari and not knowing how to use it. It was ugly. I'm sure others will either recall it or can quote it more eloquently than I.
yeah...well, you may recall people like Donovan Smith, Adam Gress, Garry Gilliam, Stephon Morris.....tweeting out their displeasure with the PSU coaching staff...and Donovan was fired before the smoke cleared from the final gun of the final play.

So I just don't understand why people focus on Hack at that time. He was a five star kid that could have gone anywhere but chose to come to PSU. This was at a time when nobody wanted to play in the shadow of the Jerry Sandusky scandal. I have no idea why a kid, so dedicated to PSU, takes so much heat from our fan base.

so...the evidence points to a conclusion but your rumors are somehow more factual? OK.

I thought at the time that his brother made some "comments" on twitter that were pretty much a shot at Franklin. It might have been around the time of the Temple debacle.
C'est la vie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT