ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Bowe Bergdahl pleads guilty to desertion....

be interesting to see if he agreed to a plea deal, or is relying on the court's mercy.

this was such a polarizing event, hard to sift through the spin, but I've always had faith in the Army's investigation.

my personal opinion was . . . he cracked under the pressure of war. Maybe he did see a pointlessness to our mission in Afghanistan, also seems like he felt isolated and ostracized by other members of his unit. He made a VERY POOR decision, possibly not while in full control of his faculties, and he paid dearly for it.

I agree that he will get the justice he deserves at this point.
I hope he meets 'Chicago-style street justice' one day soon!

Just so I understand what you're getting at, because he's a "troubled and disturbed soul", even though he broke the law, put him on a plane home and call it a day? Is that right?

So by that logic, someone that drives drunk and crashes into another car and injures the other driver should get no jail time with their felony, because at some level they are troubled and disturbed? I mean they're still gonna have a felony on their record so their life is over, but let them off with no jail right?

Using your analogy, he drove drunk, crashed into another car, then was kidnapped, held captive, and tortured by enemy combatants for 5 years

a judge might show some leniency in that case, especially for a first time offender

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT