ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Official - it's Cotton Bowl vs. Memphis.

• Thread starter anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
  • Start date
giphy.gif

Reactions: BBrown
Supposedly Norvell will coach in the game, similar to Frost at UCF
If he does, they will have very imaginative play calling which will once again expose PSU's lack of creativity. I hope our coaches and players give a better effort than last year's game against Kentucky. The same old stale offensive and defensive game plans will not work.

I would suspect a lot of guys don't play in this game for PSU. Hard to get excited for this, oh well. Hopefully Franklin can spin this and motivate the team for next year.

I got news for everyone, Oregon would have been an absolutely terrible matchup for us. Great o-line, NFL QB, and a really good defense. We’ve seen this script play out before.

11-2 and a NY6 win is better than 10-3 and a Rose Bowl loss for the program.

Lose to Oregon and we’d absolutely finish outside the top ten.

This is a great opportunity to boost our program’s status with a top ten overall finish and a NY6 trophy.

Beat them and it gets you 11 wins three years out of four. That's a big deal. Go into the offseason with momentum.

I agree the Rose Bowl is a bigger deal. But a win is the most important factor at the end of this.
Agree. I hope this pisses some players off. I was told last year by someone that had the pulse of the team through a walk on, that the team wasn't up for last years bowl. This was in the weeks leading up to the game. I thought it was BS until I watched the game.

Reactions: JJTopp99
I got news for everyone, Oregon would have been an absolutely terrible matchup for us. Great o-line, NFL QB, and a really good defense. We’ve seen this script play out before.

11-2 and a NY6 win is better than 10-3 and a Rose Bowl loss for the program.

Lose to Oregon and we’d absolutely finish outside the top ten.

This is a great opportunity to boost our program’s status with a top ten overall finish and a NY6 trophy.

You don't think the team can beat Oregon? Jesus.

Who cares? Will not go and certainly will not watch. Very close to being done with college football. Current system is an absolute joke. Figure skating on grass. Really no use watching or tuning in unless team has 1 game to be undefeated. Otherwise, a joke.

Reactions: nits74 and JJTopp99
Didn't LSU have to "accept" playing the Go5 team last year?

That's one way to spin it. Look at Burrow and the Tigers from last year. Did they appear poised for the run they made in '19?

NY6 maybe good for recruiting but it’s sort of a no-win in that if we win, the narrative will be “well they should have won, they’re in Power5 conference”. If we lose, it’s “see? That’s why they didn’t get to the rose bowl”. Hope CJF has them hyped - somewhat concerned about a lack of strong motivation, like it seemed last yr vs Kentucky.

Memphis = Kentucky.

Meh.

So right this is going to suck the team will have NO motivation just like last year. We should be playing Florida and Va. should be playing Memphis that would make for a better Bowl Game. If we can’t have the Rose Bowl

It’s a NY6 Bowl, our guys will have a ton of interest.[/QU
. You may be right but I can’t see it. In the end they see the name Memphis and look at what the goals were this year and it will have an affect.

Memphis has a football program?

And we have to go to Texas to play them?

I think I'd be more excited to play the University of Delaware in Hazleton, PA's high school stadium (do they have a high school stadium?).

Reactions: JJTopp99
It’s a NY6 Bowl, our guys will have a ton of interest.

I’m not so sure. Going to Dallas to play on December 28 at 11am (local time). The only discussion that day will be on the 2 playoff games later that day.

This will be a ‘whatever..’ game that day and I think the team will be as interested in this game as they were in playing Kentucky last year.

If you were a Penn State player moving onto the NFL next season would you bother with this game?

Reactions: Cosmos
If you aren't going to watch Penn State in a NY6 bowl game you aren't a PSU fan, period.

Life is short and I live in a free country where I spend my time how I please. This is on par with Kentucky and Houston, but worse after winning 10 games. Absolute joke. Waste your time with your blue and white pom poms

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT